[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Robin gibb rip

Robin gibb rip

this time he didn't make it..right after Donna Summer from the height of the disco era...RIP..

Rip....rg.......

My prayers and sympathy go out to the entire Gibb family and to our very own rta5225 at Soulful Detroit. Robin Gibb is now free from pain and suffering and with the almighty.

"I am home in Heaven, dear ones;
    Oh, so happy and so bright!
    There is perfect joy and beauty
    In this everlasting light.

All the pain and suffering is over
    Every restless tossing passed;
    I am now at peace forever,
    Safely home in Heaven at last.

And he came Himself to meet me
    In that way so hard to tread
    And with Jesus' arm to lean on
    Could I have one doubt or dread?

Then you must not grieve so sorely,
    For I love you dearly still:
    Try to look beyond earth's shadows,
    Pray to trust our Father's will.

There is still work waiting for you,
    So you must not idly stand;
    Do it now, while life remaineth-
    You shall rest in Jesus' land.

When that work is completed,
    He will gently call you home;
    Oh, the rapture of that meeting,
    Oh, the joy to see you come!"

Mr. Gibb has been called home and Heaven must be filled with disco music tonight as he and Miss Donna Summer sing for their heavenly hosts.

Roberta

Way too many people dieing - God rest his soul - Thanks for all the great music Robin! Prayers for family & friends. God be with you all.

RIP Robin. He co-wrote many wonderful songs. Nina recorded a few this being my fav.

I don't know what's going on? It seems like so much of our artists from from the late 60's and 70's are leaving us? It seems like everyday someone else. Robin you did give us a lot to remember you by and My heart goes out to your Brother barry and your family. RIP Robin

Thanks so much Roberta. I haven't seen anyone beat liver cancer yet. He is in a better place. He's out of his suffering. My prayers go out to his family as well.

Wow! I thought for sure he would make it, too. R.I.P., Robin!

Looks like this year will be a sad repeat of last year with so many musical greats passing on.

This has to be the roughest week ever for fans of R&B, Soul, Funk, and Disco. For music lovers period. R.I.P. Robin Gibb.

Pretty interesting and ironic that all of these people made songs pertaining to heaven. Too Much Heaven, This Must Be Heaven, Heaven Knows. Amazing.

It has been a week of tears. First Donna and now this. I am just sick about it.

Penny

It's hard to say whose music had more impact...both the Bee Gees and Donna Summer were such icons of the times. The Bee Gees have such an impressive body of work. A lot of their earlier material is still so moving and great to listen to even though it is for "Saturday Night Fever" they'll be most remembered for. Hard to believe that only one of the four brothers is still with us.

Such a sad week!

"God Has Spoken.........So let the church [[and the World) say AMEN!

Rest in peace Robin Gibb

Marv
    Last edited by marv2; 05-20-2012 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by timmyfunk View Post
    This has to be the roughest week ever for fans of R&B, Soul, Funk, and Disco. For music lovers period. R.I.P. Robin Gibb.

Pretty interesting and ironic that all of these people made songs pertaining to heaven. Too Much Heaven, This Must Be Heaven, Heaven Knows. Amazing.
    It has been a tough week. With the death of Robin Gibb, we effectively have the end of the Bee Gees. Sad reality.

We knew this was coming, but it doesn't make it any easier. How incredible his talent was, and the Bee Gees racked up over a dozen top 10 hits BEFORE the whole Saturday Night Fever thing, what an incredible career. Robin sang lead on many of the early hits during the Bill Shepherd of 1967-1972, a couple of his best:

And what a fascinating video from their 1968 German TV special:

They also sold over 200 million albums. I last one I bought of theirs was the 1987 album that contained the single "You Win Again". A really talented family.

I like that post Marv-Amen! Very sad reality per the Bee Gees--and theyve deserved so much more respect than they got for their music.

Marv
    I dont hear that many people bringing up You Win Again that is one of my favorites along with New York Mining Disaster [[have you seen my wife Mr Jones?).........I dont know how to react to this about Robin and Donna Summer its like the end of an era you know. Just dont know.
    Robin and all of his brothers were a talented [[super talented) bunch and to see them go is just disheartening but at the same time they are with God now. Robin hung in much longer than most I will say. A friend of mine played Massachusetts yesterday in honor of Robin. RIP you WILL be missed.
    Steph

"you win Again" was a great track..RIP Robin now you can sing for the Lord...

If you would like to post condolences to Robin's family, you may do so on this link.
    http://www.robingibb.com/robin.html

Thanks Robin for providing the soundtrack of my teen years. Also, your family always seemed to handle itself with class, no boasting or huge egos, just tremendous songs. One of my favorite tunes, first clip here:

http://www.soultracks.com/story-robin-gibb-dies

smark21 Guest
    Here’s a good article summing up the Bee Gee’s music and career.

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertain...d-more/257492/

I always admired them...amazing writers and singers. RIP, Robin, and thank you...

Best,

Mark