[REMOVE ADS]

DRATS - Just A Little Misunderstanding

Just heard a version of "Just A Little Misunderstanding" by Diana Ross & The Supremes on The Motown Show [[Smooth Radio in The UK). Does anyone know which album this was released on and is it still available?.

The track was recorded in 1966 although it wasn't released until 1986 on the 25th Anniversary collection. It was one of many unused tracks originally intended to be included on Supremes A' Go-Go and appeared on an alternate version of the album. I'm sure we'll see an new mix when Andy and George get around to doing an expanded edition of the A' Go-Go album.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    ... appeared on an alternate version of the album.
    An alternate version of A' Go-Go!? Could you be more specific, please.

uptight Guest
    Bradsupremes might be referring to a tape reel of proposed songs for A' Go-Go found in the vaults, not a released version of the album.

It was then scheduled for the never released SOME THINGS YOU NEVER GET USED TO wasn't it?

Uptight is correct. What I was referring to when I said an alternate version of the album refers to the reels in the vaults in which Motown tried different song line-ups for the album before they settled on the track listing which was released as the album as we know it.

Yes, it was considered again for the unreleased Some Things You Never Get Used To album in 1968. That album track listing looked like someone threw it together within a day because most of the tracks are leftovers from the A' Go-Go sessions which would have been odd since most of the tracks to be featured on that album were with Florence. Why they didn't include such tracks as "Stay In My Lonely Arms," "Am I Asking Too Much," "Treat Me Nice John Henry," or "The Nitty Gritty" which were newly recorded tracks at the time and actually feature Cindy beats me.

It is one of the additional tracks on the cd edition of 25TH ANNIVERSARY. It isn't on the vinyl version.

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    Just heard a version of "Just A Little Misunderstanding" by Diana Ross & The Supremes on The Motown Show [[Smooth Radio in The UK). Does anyone know which album this was released on and is it still available?.
    Mary Wilson use to host her own nationally syndicated radio program here in the U.S. called "The Motown Show".

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    Uptight is correct. What I was referring to when I said an alternate version of the album refers to the reels in the vaults in which Motown tried different song line-ups for the album before they settled on the track listing which was released as the album as we know it.

Yes, it was considered again for the unreleased Some Things You Never Get Used To album in 1968. That album track listing looked like someone threw it together within a day because most of the tracks are leftovers from the A' Go-Go sessions which would have been odd since most of the tracks to be featured on that album were with Florence. Why they didn't include such tracks as "Stay In My Lonely Arms," "Am I Asking Too Much," "Treat Me Nice John Henry," or "The Nitty Gritty" which were newly recorded tracks at the time and actually feature Cindy beats me.
    Thanks, bradsupremes, I forgot about the previous discussions about A'Go-Go and the proposed STYNGUT album.

Thankfully the STYNGUT album never materialized. I'm not too fond of many of the AGG leftovers - they're just OK, not great. I am a big fan of AGG regardless of where it was recorded and who produced it. It was a pop album and did what it was intended to do. I was never a fan of Get Ready but hearing The Supremes' version opened my ears to appreciate and finally love the original by The Temptations.

The Motown covers on HDH sounded like leftovers to me when I bought the album in 1967. To this day I'm not too crazy about the Motown covers on that album or the AGG leftovers that were released in the CD era, with a few exceptions. They're OK but not as satisfying as those on AGG. When an AGG Expanded Edition is released maybe hearing all the songs on one CD might help me change my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by johnjeb View Post
    Thanks, bradsupremes, I forgot about the previous discussions about A'Go-Go and the proposed STYNGUT album.

Thankfully the STYNGUT album never materialized. I'm not too fond of many of the AGG leftovers - they're just OK, not great. I am a big fan of AGG regardless of where it was recorded and who produced it. It was a pop album and did what it was intended to do. I was never a fan of Get Ready but hearing The Supremes' version opened my ears to appreciate and finally love the original by The Temptations.

The Motown covers on HDH sounded like leftovers to me when I bought the album in 1967. To this day I'm not too crazy about the Motown covers on that album or the AGG leftovers that were released in the CD era, with a few exceptions. They're OK but not as satisfying as those on AGG. When an AGG Expanded Edition is released maybe hearing all the songs on one CD might help me change my mind.
    I didn't puchase the A Go Go lp until 1972 or 1973, and because of this album I sought out the orignals artist. Come and Get These Memories and Shake Me Wake Me are two songs that I thought was orignally by the Supremes until I found out differently and I must say I like the Supremes version very much. They always had a different take on a song.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  21.1 KB
    The Supremes' version of this song is very disappointing to me. The Contours' version blows this away-BOTH vocals and instrumental tracks. Clearly, The Supreme's recording of this was never intended for an "A" side of a single, so, it was just given the "fill in" treatment.

I`m with you robb.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Polhill View Post
    I`m with you robb.
    I totally agree!

I like it..though the middle could do with more instrumentation..

I like the Sisters Love version ...