[REMOVE ADS]

70's Supremes and Talk of the Town

Does anyone know if the Jean lead Supremes ever performed at London's Talk of the Town? I know Cindy performed there in the 80's, but, it was called something else by then.

You raise a good question. I never really knew what venues in the U.K. that Jean, Mary and Cindy played. Anyone out there able to fill in the blanks?

No

It was called the Hippodrome when Cindy performed there

marv
    here is the link for supremes/mary wilson's farewell tour at london's dury lane in 77.including songs perfomed etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sup...rewell_concert

Quote Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
    Does anyone know if the Jean lead Supremes ever performed at London's Talk of the Town? I know Cindy performed there in the 80's, but, it was called something else by then.
    No. They just played theaters here in the UK [[and the Albert Hall of course which Jean then did again in the 80's with Scherrie & Lynda). The 70's Supremes didn't play the Talk of the Town - it was already on it's way out by then - the big names didn't perform there so much and eventually Peter Stringfellow picked it up and turned it into the Hippodrome.

more uk dates history supremes

5th dec/71 manchester odeon

1st sept/75 hammersmith odeon,london

I have a programme for the Hammersmith date. That might be the date with Billy Ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by tamla617 View Post
    marv
    here is the link for supremes/mary wilson's farewell tour at london's dury lane in 77.including songs perfomed etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sup...rewell_concert
    Thank you very much Tamla617 for that link.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    I have a programme for the Hammersmith date. That might be the date with Billy Ocean.
    No - Billy Ocean opened for them at the 'Sunday's at the Lane' farewell concert at Drury Lane. He hadn't worked with them before or after in any group reincarnations.