[REMOVE ADS]

For Cissy Houston fans

Presenting Cissy Houston [[with bonus tracks)

Cissy Houston

$13.99 ... CD
    CD [[Item 609642) Janus/Soulmusic.com [[UK), 1970 — Condition: New Copy
    Amazing early work from Cissy Houston – arguably her deepest set ever, and put together with a wonderful balance of New York class and southern soul modes! There's no denying that Houston's vocals are great – especially given her family pedigree – but she really gets a chance to shine strongly here – stepping out as a bold, righteous lead – and one with a mature, all-adult feel throughout! Arrangements are by Bert DeCoteaux – who balances things wonderfully – really letting Cissy stand by herself in the front of the arrangements, but also creating just the right sort of swell in the orchestrations when needed. Titles include "I'll Be There", "Any Guy", "This Empty Place", "Didn't We", "Be My Baby", "I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself", and "He/I Believe". CD has an insane amount of bonus tracks – 12 more tracks from rare singles – including "I Love You", "Only Time You Say You Love Me", "Midnight Train To Georgia", "It's Not Easy", "Making Love", "Darling Take Me Back", and "Hang On To A Dream". © 1996-2012, Dusty Groove America, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
    Presenting Cissy Houston [[with bonus tracks)

Cissy Houston

$13.99 ... CD
    CD [[Item 609642) Janus/Soulmusic.com [[UK), 1970 — Condition: New Copy
    Amazing early work from Cissy Houston – arguably her deepest set ever, and put together with a wonderful balance of New York class and southern soul modes! There's no denying that Houston's vocals are great – especially given her family pedigree – but she really gets a chance to shine strongly here – stepping out as a bold, righteous lead – and one with a mature, all-adult feel throughout! Arrangements are by Bert DeCoteaux – who balances things wonderfully – really letting Cissy stand by herself in the front of the arrangements, but also creating just the right sort of swell in the orchestrations when needed. Titles include "I'll Be There", "Any Guy", "This Empty Place", "Didn't We", "Be My Baby", "I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself", and "He/I Believe". CD has an insane amount of bonus tracks – 12 more tracks from rare singles – including "I Love You", "Only Time You Say You Love Me", "Midnight Train To Georgia", "It's Not Easy", "Making Love", "Darling Take Me Back", and "Hang On To A Dream". © 1996-2012, Dusty Groove America, Inc.
    I love Cissy's, or Saint Cissy as she's known in New York and New Jersey as, version of Midnight Train to Georgia and Didn't we. What a voice.

Roberta

She has a new CD out in partnership with Vi Higginson

Quote Originally Posted by daddyacey View Post
    She has a new CD out in partnership with Vi Higginson
    That is excellent. I love the way Cissy Houston sings!

honest man Guest
    i ordered from Amazon uk, a couple of weeks ago,7 quid pre order .i have all songs on tape,can't wait for cd. cheers.