[REMOVE ADS]

Rev. Marvin Winans Assaulted and Carjacked!

From "What is the World coming to?" dept:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501368_1...ted-carjacked/

DETROIT — Popular Detroit pastor and gospel singer Marvin Winans was assaulted and carjacked Wednesday afternoon at a gas station on the city's west side.

The attack happened about 3:20 p.m., and the suspects fled with an unknown amount of cash and Winans' SUV, police said.

Winans, 54, told WXYZ-TV that four or five young men followed him from inside the gas station and attacked him while he gassed up his vehicle.

Winans said he didn't believe he was seriously hurt, but planned to seek medical attention.

He said his attackers appeared to be among 10 young men he passed by inside the station, and he warily watched them as he pumped gas.

"I'm just saddened that it has come to this," Winans said. "This kind of nonsense just has to stop. It's just the savageness of what's happening in the street."

He also believes his attackers didn't recognize him. Winans is pastor of the 4,500-member Perfecting Church on Detroit's east side. In February, he gave singer Whitney Houston's eulogy.

"And if they did, it didn't make much difference," said Winans, who has been active in civic issues, including taking a stand against the proliferation of strip clubs in Detroit's neighborhoods.

Good Morning Marv 2...

Thanks for sharing the article on Pastor Winans.
    I sincerely hope he was not seriously injured.
    Total Moral, Social and Physical Decay in our Society Today.
    This Man Stands for what is Just and Right.
    He doesn't deserve this type of attack....No One should treat another this way!
    A Prayer is offered for him and for those who assaulted him.

Abraham Smooth Wilson, Director
    Monterey Bay Blues Festival

It's a sad day and age that we're living in.

Glad he wasn't seriously hurt. So it took ten people? The more reason I have to stop putting off getting that gun and going to the range.

Quote Originally Posted by smooth View Post
    Good Morning Marv 2...

Thanks for sharing the article on Pastor Winans.
    I sincerely hope he was not seriously injured.
    Total Moral, Social and Physical Decay in our Society Today.
    This Man Stands for what is Just and Right.
    He doesn't deserve this type of attack....No One should treat another this way!
    A Prayer is offered for him and for those who assaulted him.

Abraham Smooth Wilson, Director
    Monterey Bay Blues Festival
    He was not seriously hurt thank God! It is ironic that just yesterday afternoon here in New York, I was telling a friend that I always lock my car doors out of a habit I developed in Detroit many years ago when a guy tried to steal my car at a gas station on the West side.

Pastor Winans is one of the most respected, righteous and giving persons in my opinon. I love all the Winans. How does it go? "Forgive for they know not what they do"? Not for me in this case! I want to see as many of those that did this arrested and prosecuted. You see I lived during the time that those thugs broke in Rev. C.L. Franklin's home shot and robbed him. I was around when those thugs broke in and beat and robbed Rosa Parks. This has to stop and it has to stop NOW! Everyone has to get involved to stop street crime.

Quote Originally Posted by nosey View Post
    Glad he wasn't seriously hurt. So it took ten people? The more reason I have to stop putting off getting that gun and going to the range.
    Nosey, I've never been one to advocate buying guns, but I say this in all seriousness, you have to do what you have to do until things get right! Aretha Franklin's son had a similar attack perpetrated on him just last year. Some of these bad kids do not care who you are. I don't if you remember the story and video of this young gun robbing this very elderly man in a Detroit shopping center parking lot. He pinned the old man in between his car door and beat the crap out of him with all of his might just to steal the man's car. Luckily the older man did not die but it hurt just to watch the security video.

Marv, I hear ya. I remember reading on a Fayetteville, NC website awhile back about 4 armed thugs breaking into a home while the family was sleeping and the husband shot and killed one of them. Guess what! The comments from the thugs friends were, well he didn't have to kill him! Yeah, he did! Four armed thugs breaking in someone's house in the wee hours of the morning aren't coming for tea! I would have "shot the shot" out of them too and I'm shooting to stop you!

Quote Originally Posted by nosey View Post
    Marv, I hear ya. I remember reading on a Fayetteville, NC website awhile back about 4 armed thugs breaking into a home while the family was sleeping and the husband shot and killed one of them. Guess what! The comments from the thugs friends were, well he didn't have to kill him! Yeah, he did! Four armed thugs breaking in someone's house in the wee hours of the morning aren't coming for tea! I would have "shot the shot" out of them too and I'm shooting to stop you!
    You got that right and you would have been doing the right thing in that situation! Just late last year a friend of mothers, her name was Mrs. Fannie Smith. She was 81 years old sitting in her home watching television when one of these punks who had a beef with one of her grandsons, came by an shot her dead through a window! He took off. When you have people out there that have no feelings or thought when it comes to stealing or taking another's life, you have to go for yourself! Don't let anyone bum rush you in your own home. I want you to be safe and I pray that you never have to face a situation where you do have to shoot someone.

How really say! I am just pleased that Pastor Marvin seems well in himself, met him and his Brothers a few times in the UK and interviewed them, they have always been such an inspiration! I am sure the Pastor's Faith will carry him through such a time like this, it is a shock to the system.

No I do not agree with guns! you end up facing the sad situation still going on in Florida!

jaybs, it is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    GOOD! By the way, Rev Winans has the number one Gospel song in the country this week. It has become a favorite of mine, "Let The Church Say Amen"

I took these photos the week before the incident when I accompanied two of The Clark Sisters to to Marvin L Winans Academy for a master vocal class that Dorinda Clark Cole taught to the students. The Winans and Clark Sisters attended high school together so they laughed and talked about old times. Yesterday on his radio show "Rhythm & Praise" he joked that he would always say that he "USED TO" be famous but now he's BeBe and Cece's brother. After the incident people have contacted him from all around the world to say that they are glad that he's ok. He joked that he guess he's still kinda famous. Pictured Dorinda Clark Cole & Jacky Clark Chisholm with Marvin Winans Name:  winans1.jpg
Views: 9698
Size:  67.2 KBName:  winans2.jpg
Views: 1942
Size:  46.4 KB

So glad that he's ok and glad that they have caught most of the criminals involved. I love this city but the crime is getting worse. I often wonder who's raising these monsters that have no respect for anyone's life or property. A week before the Marvin Winans incident an 84 year old church security guard was shot and killed right on the church parking lot. Senseless!!!!!!!!!!!

Great pictures! I am sorry to hear of church security guard losing his life. This stuff has got to stop!!!!

I hope the little darlings get what's coming to them.