[REMOVE ADS]

R.I.P. Chuck Brown-The Godfather Of Go-Go

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...75.html?ref=dc

This is just so hard to take. WTF! Please excuse my language, but this is just terrible.

Timmy I just saw this sad news 5 mins ago on CNN. This is another giant loss! Chuck Brown and the Soul Searchers were truly innovative. If you don't know him, you've at least heard "Bustin Loose"! So talented. RIP Chuck and thanks man , you got down!
    Last edited by marv2; 05-16-2012 at 06:27 PM.

Don't eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeven get me started on Chuck. Gots to get the live album from D.C. from the eighties.

This is sad! The first thing I thought of when I read this was "We The people".

We have lost some major Funk artists just this week. Duck, Belita and now Chuck
    Lets hope that we won't see anymore passing in awhile. God bless all 3.
    And now here's a CB vid from a few yrs ago. And check out who makes a cameo @ 5:21

Back in the early '80s, a co-worker asked me what go-go was. I thought about it and explained that if heavy metal was the extreme version of guitar rock with emphasis on loud and effected rhythm and lead guitars, then go-go was the extreme version of R&B with super heavy emphasis on beats, percussion, and groove. "Bustin' Loose" was the first go-go record that I recall being played on the radio [[I thought the DJ made a mistake with James Brown's name at the time). I should have put going to a D.C. go-go club on my bucket list. RIP, Chuck; you'll be missed by many.

I'd love to find footage of Chuck Brown and the Soul Searchers on the PBS series "Soul". They did the most Africanized version of "Bustin' Loose" that I've ever heard.

I remember that version, Tim. I'll look for it later when I have more time...
    RIP Chuck....

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    I remember that version, Tim. I'll look for it later when I have more time...
    RIP Chuck....
    May have been THE blackest moment on PBS! At least in the NYC area.

He's finally been 'busted loose'...another great loss. RIP, Chuck, and thank you...

Best,

Mark

Keep It In The Pocket. RIP Chuck.

Just had to pull my SOUL SEARCHERS LP. R.I.P. CHUCK