[REMOVE ADS]

Just read Bego's Whitney biography..

It was better than I thought it would be,although all thru the book Bego has the annoying habit of using exclamation marks to make a point..the book is littered with him..the secound chapter is about Dionne and Cissy's career and that was interesting although he has a biased perspective claiming Dionne Was the most successful female singer of the 60s..and Cissy's "Think It Over" was a "big" hit single when in truth it was a minor club hit..there is an interesting picture painted of an event Bego attended in the 90s that Whitney and Bobby arrived at late with a posse of minders who approached other muscians in the room and requested that none of them approach the Houston table...as Bego is a close friend of Mary Wilson and she was also at the event it may be her who has the uncredited quote that Whitney had turned into "a concieted bitch"..Bego lays the blame for Whitneys dramatic fall from grace squarely on Bobby,however another biography claimed she was into coke long before she met Bobby and I heard a similar story myself in the 80s..the book turns grim as the new century dawns and we learn of many overdose episodes the couple both went thru on insane cocaine benders..its a better written book than I thought...and I suspect the first of many...

Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    It was better than I thought it would be,although all thru the book Bego has the annoying habit of using exclamation marks to make a point..the book is littered with him..the secound chapter is about Dionne and Cissy's career and that was interesting although he has a biased perspective claiming Dionne Was the most successful female singer of the 60s..and Cissy's "Think It Over" was a "big" hit single when in truth it was a minor club hit..there is an interesting picture painted of an event Bego attended in the 90s that Whitney and Bobby arrived at late with a posse of minders who approached other muscians in the room and requested that none of them approach the Houston table...as Bego is a close friend of Mary Wilson and she was also at the event it may be her who has the uncredited quote that Whitney had turned into "a concieted bitch"..Bego lays the blame for Whitneys dramatic fall from grace squarely on Bobby,however another biography claimed she was into coke long before she met Bobby and I heard a similar story myself in the 80s..the book turns grim as the new century dawns and we learn of many overdose episodes the couple both went thru on insane cocaine benders..its a better written book than I thought...and I suspect the first of many...
    Mark Bego is a cheap, tawdry 'D' list writer IMO.

Roberta

yes he was very Bitchy..but it was better than I thought it would be..I also read Jeffery Bowmans "Diva" which was a very good read...

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Mark Bego is a cheap, tawdry 'D' list writer IMO.

Roberta
    I think he. Mark Bego is a great writer and another acclaimed Detroiter! I enjoyed his Aretha Franklin biography. He knows how to put you in the time and place of the story.

I just learned tonight that Dr. Sunta Gujta [[sp?), is also a Detroiter! Small World.......

yes he was very Bitchy..but it was better than I thought it would be..I also read Jeffery Bowmans "Diva" which was a very good read...
    I personally think it is much, much to soon to be trashing Miss Whitney Houston to make a buck. I think it the Bego book is in terrible taste but I am glad you enjoyed it Norris.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

I personally think it is much, much to soon to be trashing Miss Whitney Houston to make a buck. I think it the Bego book is in terrible taste but I am glad you enjoyed it Norris.

Roberta
    I think until you've read Mark's book, or any book.....you should stop the Monday Morning Quarterbacking. I highly doubt that he trashes Whitney. He's never trashed anyone in his other books.......and I found is book on Aretha to be well written. Mark Bego is one of the better celebrity biographers out there.

Oh FYI, Norris does not exist here. You are referring to Nomis here.

Marv
    Last edited by marv2; 05-16-2012 at 03:45 PM.

Totally true Marv. His research is professional and he does not fawn all over stars. I wish people here were always as objective.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Totally true Marv. His research is professional and he does not fawn all over stars. I wish people here were always as objective.
    Well Luke, some people here have a dislike for Mr. Bego, because he does not pull any punches when it comes to stating his extreme displeasure with one of their idols [[READ: he is a "non-chicken" hehehehehe)! I don't have to tell you which one because I think you already that idol that have a small group of totally irrational people following them and their once glorious career. I enjoy Mark Bego's books because his research is totally professionally done and he serves it all up warts and all........!

I just broke the 11,000 mark with this post thanks to you LUKE!!!!!!
    Last edited by marv2; 05-16-2012 at 07:36 PM.

Is Mr. Mark Bego a homosexual? I only want to do if he's publicly out and open about his sexual orientation. I only ask because when I skimmed through his Whitney book I recall Mr. Bego mentioning that Whitney and Robyn may have been lesbian ladies.

Please forgive me if my questions offend anyone. That is never my intent.

Best personal regards,

Roberta

Alright Marv you go!! Yes I know you are right with your assessment!

Is Mr. Mark Bego a homosexual? I only want to do if he's publicly out and open about his sexual orientation. I only ask because when I skimmed through his Whitney book I recall Mr. Bego mentioning that Whitney and Robyn may have been lesbian ladies.

Please forgive me if my questions offend anyone. That is never my intent.

Best personal regards,

Roberta
    Your questions don't offend me, they just seem stupid and out of place since we are discussing an established author and his new book. Not what he does in his bedroom and with whom. I don't see how it relates to the subject of this thread at all. So maybe you need to go back and reread what the topic of this thread is about.
    I have not read Mark's book on Whitney yet, but I am certain he did a great job covering the life of this troubled angel.

Statistically most writers are probably heterosexual and they often write about romances of heterosexuals[[or gays if the subject happens to be gay) so Im not sure what the point is. Ok ok I do know what the point is. I think gay writers can probably be objective about their subjects and not make them gay. Oh brother I cant believe Im taking the time to write this in 2012 but I guess ignorance dies hard.

Statistically most writers are probably heterosexual and they often write about romances of heterosexuals[[or gays if the subject happens to be gay) so Im not sure what the point is. Ok ok I do know what the point is. I think gay writers can probably be objective about their subjects and not make them gay. Oh brother I cant believe Im taking the time to write this in 2012 but I guess ignorance dies hard.
    I wouldn't say that most writers are heterosexual. Oscar Wilde, Gore Vidal, Langston Hughes, David Sedaris and Truman Capotes are all homosexual men and Rita Mae Brown, Gertrude Stein and Edna St. Vincent-Millay are all lesbian ladies.

I am by no means being ignorant nor i am I passing any judgement as I am not a judgmental person. I was only asking if Mr. Mark Bego is a homosexual because in the part of his Whitney book that I read he talks about Robyn and Whitney being lesbian ladies. I was wondering if he was a homosexual only because he seemed to have some better insight into this part of the book.

Roberta

I wouldn't say that most writers are heterosexual. Oscar Wilde, Gore Vidal, Langston Hughes, David Sedaris and Truman Capotes are all homosexual men and Rita Mae Brown, Gertrude Stein and Edna St. Vincent-Millay are all lesbian ladies.

I am by no means being ignorant nor i am I passing any judgement as I am not a judgmental person. I was only asking if Mr. Mark Bego is a homosexual because in the part of his Whitney book that I read he talks about Robyn and Whitney being lesbian ladies. I was wondering if he was a homosexual only because he seemed to have some better insight into this part of the book.

Roberta
    Your questions have nothing to do with this thread or the book so they are ignorant and stupid in this case.

Which book did you like best Norris? The Bowman book or the Bego biography?

Thank you.

Roberta

Nomis, was the subject of the "lawsuit" involving Whitney's dad, John Houston mentioned?

I read about it in Bego's book or another one recently. It said lawsuit had to do with his former business partner and not him. Though Im still not sure why she didnt attend her father's funeral.

I read about it in Bego's book or another one recently. It said lawsuit had to do with his former business partner and not him. Though Im still not sure why she didnt attend her father's funeral.
    Mark Bego's former business partner was involved in a lawsuit? I'm sorry but does this have to do with his Whitney book.

Can you please clarify?

Thank you in advance.

Roberta

Thanks Luke!!

ok...heres the deal with her Fathers Lawsuit - John did it to stop her squandering her money on drugs and Bobby which is what she ultimatley did..he wanted to put the money in a trust until intervention has succeeded and she was clean and sober ..it was similar too what Britney Spears family did when she went off the rails..on his deathbed Johns last words where "Tell Whitney I forgive her"......

ok...heres the deal with her Fathers Lawsuit - John did it to stop her squandering her money on drugs and Bobby which is what she ultimatley did..he wanted to put the money in a trust until intervention has succeeded and she was clean and sober ..it was similar too what Britney Spears family did when she went off the rails..on his deathbed Johns last words where "Tell Whitney I forgive her"......
    So Mr. Houston left this earth at peace with his daughter. That is beautiful.

Thank you for this information Norris.

Roberta

If someone had approached me in that manner, and asked me not to approach, I would have just responded... "what the fuck do I want to talk to her for?" and then dissmiss them.