[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    As the show is winding down, just wanted to send hugs, love and drag queen kisses to mj, Andy and George for a COPAcetic Tuesday evening! xo
    That's hilarious!

supremester Guest
    Was there ever an Overture at The Copa? Is there more closing applause/chatter?

PS: I love The Andantes!

Gregg

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    To those of you who didn't get to listen, they announced that current projects being worked on include expanded versions of both Diane's "Baby It's Me" and the Sups' "I Hear a Symphony."

A few minutes later, they also teased that at least two of the concept albums were coming down the line as well, by mentioning the songs "Whistle While You Work" [[from "Disney") and "The Music That Makes Me Dance" [[from "Funny Girl").
    They also mentioned Sunset [[Supremes Sing Country Western & Pop)

Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    They also mentioned Sunset [[Supremes Sing Country Western & Pop)
    Oh great! I didn't catch that one. But C&W and the Sam Cooke are my favorite of the concept LPs, so I'll look forward to it.

Thank you for the great show guys and thank you for answering my question!

Great interview John, George and Andy! Thanks everybody, have a great week! See you next time.

Thank you for a super show tonight guys!

John, Andy, and George,

Thank you for all your hard work in exposing these great songs to the public and a very entertaining evening. I always have a great time learning the inside scoop on some of my all time favorite albums.... Everyone have a great week!

And thank YOU ALL too for a wonderful show....could NOT do it without you! Have a great week!
    Thank you Andy and George for EVERYTHING!

Thanks Johnny, Andy & George for a great evening and show. Enjoyed it immensely . Yunz guys are the bestest!

Great Show!

So glad I stayed up late and listened.

Too bad I now have to wait until Amazon ships.

Sounds like lots of good stuff coming down the line.

John
    Great show last night with George and his sidekick Andy or is it Andy and his sidekick George BTW I did not mean to offend the Andantes when I asked for a Diana Ross and the Supreme album without the Andantes, it's just the only reperesentation that we have without the Andantes are the live album. Again, great show. ALso John, you need to crank up your car and drive to the vaults since you have a fear of flying and help the fellows out, then you can become a sidekick LOL
    Last edited by rod_rick; 05-16-2012 at 08:28 PM.

Hell, midnight johnny, I'll come to P-Town, pick you up and drive you to the vaults myself as long as I can come in, too!

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    I interviewd Gil for hours and he discussed Copa at length. Tidbits: He & Gordy disagreed vehemently about the opening. Gil preferred From The Moment On, Berry liked Happy Face. He also said Diana would get changes every day and sometimes got lost and they blamed each other during the show, but the audience thought it was part of the act. He also said Berry was so rough on her that Gil would sometimes have to leave the rehearsal............anywaygreat job, boys!
    Gregg
    I think it was the other way around from everything I've read...Berry preferred From The Moment On, Gil and everyone else at Motown liked Happy Face.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Oh great! I didn't catch that one. But C&W and the Sam Cooke are my favorite of the concept LPs, so I'll look forward to it.
    I caught the "Sunset" comment too. That got my attention. And I suppose finally getting "Funny Girl" on CD will be worth it.

Of the concept albums that have not already had some form of "Expanded" treatment C&W is my favorite followed by Liverpool, Funny Girl and then Sam Cooke. The first two I have at least 6 songs from each album on my iPod and only Flo's "Good News" from Sam Cooke, nothing from Funny Girl even though I burned it to CD-R years ago.

John, the show was great. Lots of interesting comments from Andy and George. Thanks to the three of you for an entertaining evening.
    Last edited by johnjeb; 05-16-2012 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ejluther View Post
    Hell, midnight johnny, I'll come to P-Town, pick you up and drive you to the vaults myself as long as I can come in, too!
    Now, Eric....don't make promises you can't keep!

Kenneth...............thanks for the synopsis of what is coming; I missed the show but it's great to know Baby It's Me, I Hear A Symphony, Funny Girl & C & W & Pop are coming. That's what I was reading through looking for. Thanks.

supremester Guest
    It may have been, but both Gil and Harvey Fuqua told uit the same way. Gil told several stories about it, so I think it was how I said. Well, not stories, exactly, but "incidences."
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff9nyc View Post
    I think it was the other way around from everything I've read...Berry preferred From The Moment On, Gil and everyone else at Motown liked Happy Face.

Now, Eric....don't make promises you can't keep!
    I'm assuming the vaults are in L.A., yes?

Quote Originally Posted by ejluther View Post
    I'm assuming the vaults are in L.A., yes?
    Nope....NYC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    Thanks Johnny, Andy & George for a great evening and show. Enjoyed it immensely . Yunz guys are the bestest!
    Carole...and thank YOU! Your'e the NUTS!

Quote Originally Posted by dba View Post
    So glad I stayed up late and listened.

Too bad I now have to wait until Amazon ships.

Sounds like lots of good stuff coming down the line.
    David....I'm so glad too....and thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rod_rick View Post
    John
    Great show last night with George and his sidekick Andy or is it Andy and his sidekick George BTW I did not mean to offend the Andantes when I asked for a Diana Ross and the Supreme album without the Andantes, it's just the only reperesentation that we have without the Andantes are the live album. Again, great show. ALso John, you need to crank up your car and drive to the vaults since you have a fear of flying and help the fellows out, then you can become a sidekick LOL

Rod...[[*smile)....thanks...glad you could be a part of it!

Quote Originally Posted by johnjeb View Post
    I caught the "Sunset" comment too. That got my attention. And I suppose finally getting "Funny Girl" on CD will be worth it.

Of the concept albums that have not already had some form of "Expanded" treatment C&W is my favorite followed by Liverpool, Funny Girl and then Sam Cooke. The first two I have at least 6 songs from each album on my iPod and only Flo's "Good News" from Sam Cooke, nothing from Funny Girl even though I burned it to CD-R years ago.

John, the show was great. Lots of interesting comments from Andy and George. Thanks to the three of you for an entertaining evening.
    Thanks, John, being part of the show!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenpwood View Post
    John, Andy, and George,

Thank you for all your hard work in exposing these great songs to the public and a very entertaining evening. I always have a great time learning the inside scoop on some of my all time favorite albums.... Everyone have a great week!

Glen...thanks so much...have a great week yourself. And thanks for the always fascinating stats. I appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by lovechild View Post
    Thank you for a super show tonight guys!
    Tony...thanks so much!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    Great interview John, George and Andy! Thanks everybody, have a great week! See you next time.

Joseph....thank YOU!!! See you too next week!

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Thank you for the great show guys and thank you for answering my question!

Thanks for coming, Carlo....and we ONLY answer the most EXCELLENT questions [[*grin)

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    As the show is winding down, just wanted to send hugs, love and drag queen kisses to mj, Andy and George for a COPAcetic Tuesday evening! xo
    marybrewster....thanks for always being COPAmazing!!!

Nope....NYC!!!
    Really? Well, I'm about 60 miles from NYC - they're just sitting there calling out...

Joining SD in Oct 2012, i missed this show... does anyone have an mp3 that they can send me.

greg jones
    los angeles, ca