[REMOVE ADS]

The Definitive Collect - Trammps

Whilst I don't agree with the title, I won't argue with the price.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Definiti...6590700&sr=1-1

A lot of them must be remakes? So many of them I never heard of.

Thanks for that Tom, I only recognized about half the tracks, I'll let you know when I receive it whether or not they are remakes, however at the price I couldn't resist.

I think some of the lesser known titles are from the last few Atlantic Albums but will check out later!

Thanks Jack020, it does say the tracks are from Buddah, Atlantic & Philly Int.

The unknown songs are from the last 2 Atlantic albums Slipping Out and Mixin' It Up from 1980.

I have the O'Jays and Chaka Khan Music Club sets. I appreciate the thoroughness of their sets, but the sound quality is always a bit lacking.

So many of them I mixed and when my name was by some and not on others I wonder what versions they are using?

IMHO, a "definitive collection"; "best of"; "vey best of";... in the case of The Trammps is not complete without the two tracks where Jimmy Ellis is at his best in his "shouting / wilson pickett / gospel" style. I'm referring to "Shout" [[the intro is a definition of shouting style) and the acapella version of "Move" on CNR records, where Jimmy's voice is not only supreme but also the echo and reverberance [[seems he is in the church!) is... i don't found the words to describe it!

Cheers to all [[and kisses for the ladies)

Thanks for the replies, I'll see if I can give more info when I receive the CDs, I've just come back from London where I baulked at the 35 price tag on the recently issued Earl Van Dyke 2CD set, no wonder they are struggling to sell cd's, when it's 10.99 at Amazon UK.