[REMOVE ADS]

Cameo appreciation thread

Get your funk on ... but also your ballads, love this tune:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcaeTswNPAc

Funny, I don't like "Word Up" very much, which is their best-selling song. Love "Candy" and "Sparkle" and "She's Strange" and many, many others. Great group, hope they're still touring.

Love all those you mention, but you cant leave out ..........lol.........although this is a different version than the one I was most familiar with....its still nice......

Ahhh....love "Candy"..."It's like candy" hahaha...

Their FUNKIEST, I would say...man, gotta love 70s-80s funk attire...

I didn't know how much I liked Cameo until I put together music for a party once. I had five or six songs from artists like Prince, Lakeside, Slave, Heatwave, and Con Funk Shun but wound up with two full compilation CDs of Cameo [[more than 20 songs). I liked them even more after they blew up on the pop charts with "Word Up", but followed that album up with "Skin I'm In" which is one of the best songs to describe how I feel about being black and American. I'm sure a lot of people were turned off by it, but it cemented Larry Blackmon as one of my favorite artists.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEW-UK View Post
    Wow!!

It looks like they are doing an entire week at the Jazz Cafe in Camden .. which is a small intimate venue that can have a tremendous atmosphere..

http://venues.meanfiddler.com/jazz-c...ured-gigs/6620

And THE IMPRESSIONS and BETTY WRIGHT are there over the previous week.

Amazing ...

Roger