[REMOVE ADS]

Cissy Houston to write a book on her beloved Whitney.

I had a feeling that Cissy was going to write a book. I think she would be the best person to do it. It will be a labour of love and it will allow people to know the real Whitney that she adored and loved.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    I had a feeling that Cissy was going to write a book. I think she would be the best person to do it. It will be a labour of love and it will allow people to know the real Whitney that she adored and loved.
    I agree Carlo. It is Ms. Cissy's right, after all she is the woman who gave Whitney life and knew her best.

May God continue to bless Cissy Houston, or Saint Cissy as she's known in New York and New Jersey as.

Fondly,

Roberta

This could be very interesting and a very good book; she has to walk a very fine personal line ~ it needs to be candid and in that way, it might actually help some entertainers that follow her daughter; and it can't be all goodwill and pretend, but it doesn't need to be ugly.

I've seen these interviews Cissy has given where she says "these writers don't know us" referring to all the people who have something to say about them, and speculate about them as if they were friends.

Also, hopefully she doesn't go for any of the woefully inadequate Motown writers and ghost writers - the Ribowsky's, Posner's, Bego's. The Houstons can do much better than that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 26, 2012, 2:50 pm
    Cissy Houston Plans a Book on Her Daughter, Whitney, a k a ‘Nippy’
    By JULIE BOSMAN

Reed Saxon/Associated Press
    Whitney Houston in 1988 with her mother, Cissy Houston, and her brother Gary.
    Cissy Houston, the gospel singer and mother of Whitney Houston, met with publishers in New York this week to shop a book about her daughter, several people who were in the meetings said.

Affectionately calling her daughter “Nippy,” her childhood nickname, and appearing emotionally and physically drained, Ms. Houston met with publishers in a suite at the St. Regis Hotel, said the people, who declined to be identified because the negotiations were still going on.

Ms. Houston, 78, described the book in meetings as the real and definitive story of her daughter, the pop legend who died on Feb. 11 in Beverly Hills at the age of 48.

“It’s going to be the bad, it’s going to be the good,” she told one publisher.

How much Ms. Houston is prepared to disclose — and how candid she will be about her daughter’s troubled marriage and long pattern of drug use — could determine the amount of money a publisher would be willing to spend on the book. Bidding could easily go into seven figures, said the people who attended the meetings.

Two publishers said Ms. Houston appeared reluctant to address her daughter’s death and her drug habit.

The Los Angeles County coroner said last month that Whitney Houston died of accidental drowning in a bathtub at the Beverly Hilton hotel; cocaine use and heart disease also played a role in her death, the coroner said.

Talking about the book proposal to publishers, Ms. Houston seemed eager to set straight what she called “lies” about her daughter that have circulated in public discussion about her. “She said, ‘There are so many lies out there and I want to dispel all of those lies,’” one publishing executive said.

Ms. Houston was represented by Steve Fisher, a literary agent in Los Angeles, who is pursuing a deal for world rights to the book, publishers said. Mr. Fisher did not immediately return a phone call seeking comment.

Evan Agostini/Associated Press
    Cissy Houston, with her daughter, Whitney Houston, in 2010.Cissy Houston has already written a memoir, which was published in 1998, titled “How Sweet the Sound,” that told of her upbringing in a deeply religious family and her career in gospel. As a young singer, she helped form the Sweet Inspirations, a group that frequently sang backup vocals for Elvis Presley; she later won Grammys for her gospel albums.

She will use a ghostwriter for this book, though no writer has been named yet.

Her book would not be the first about Whitney Houston to emerge since her death. Worthy Publishing, a small Christian publisher in Nashville, said last week it had signed the gospel singer BeBe Winans, whose memoir would tell the story of his longtime friendship with Whitney Houston.

The book, to be called “The Whitney I Knew,” will capture “Winans’s personal stories and anecdotes that reveal Houston’s warmth, generosity, and humor,” the publisher said in a statement. It is expected to be released in July.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This post has been revised to reflect the following correction:

Correction: April 27, 2012

An earlier version of this post misstated the year a photograph of Cissy Houston, with her daughter, Whitney and son, Gary, was taken. It was taken in 1988, not 1998.

I think the primary purpose of this book will be damage control from a grief-stricken mom. My heart goes out to Cissy. She lost her daughter and her son is battling cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    I think the primary purpose of this book will be damage control from a grief-stricken mom. My heart goes out to Cissy. She lost her daughter and her son is battling cancer.
    Hopefully it will be cathartic for Ms. Houston.

Roberta

Cissy's last book was very good. Hopefully this one will be as well.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Cissy's last book was very good. Hopefully this one will be as well.
    Yes Reese, Cissy's, or Saint Cissy as she's known in New York and New Jersey as, book "How Sweet the Sound" was very inspirational. The woman has God in her life.

Best to you,

Roberta

Rick, what kind of cancer does Cissy's son have and is there only one son left?