[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Good news for you Marv. In this morning's paper, it says that BLS will broadcast OPEN LINE in its same Sunday time slot.

Also announced, Fredd Buggs will be on Sat from 10 am - 2 p,m and Felix Hernandez Rhythem Revue Sunday from noon to 3 pm.

I haven't listened to radio in years, but there used to be a very old Dee-jay on BLS on weekends that played classic music. He was probably past 90 and I think in later years broadcast with his wife. Sorry, I can't remember his name but I liked his show back in the day and I think he was still on BLS as of last year. Is he still on? And if so, has he been displaced with this move?
    Milven, As a listener of WBLS during the tenure of Frankie Crocker, I tuned in on Sunday and it was on and poppin! Open Line, then Felix, and then the classics with Hal Jackson. I am going to truly miss KISS, but I must say that I now look forward to Sundays WBLS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nysister View Post
    Milven, As a listener of WBLS during the tenure of Frankie Crocker, I tuned in on Sunday and it was on and poppin! Open Line, then Felix, and then the classics with Hal Jackson. I am going to truly miss KISS, but I must say that I now look forward to Sundays WBLS!!!
    Nysister I am in totally agreement! To have all of my shows now on the same station is a good thing....a very good thing. I am very pleased that they did not mess with the legend, Mr. Hal Jackson. I will miss KISS, but at least they are attempting to make it easier to move on.

They HAD to have Open Line
    They HAD to have Felix

They should have just moved KISS to 107.5 or why didn't they give up that HOT97 spot.

So far I'm halfway satisfied with the "merger". But.............Harvey is a little too buffoony for me. The title of the show ,"Quiet Storm" , IMO should have been retired. Vaughn Harper is the voice of THE QUIET STORM here in the tri-state area , period. I don't mean any disrepect to LENNY GREEN and the programing of the music and quality of his show. He has got plenty of "Oh Shit" reactions from me by playing tracks you DON"T hear on the radio.

This only says to me that there is a space for an alternative. A space where you can hear those things R&B /SOUL/JAZZ ,that you DON'T hear on the radio ,that you DON'T have in your collection.
    The saying goes, "It's a poor rat ,that only has one hole"
    [[Just wait till I hit the lotto !!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by daddyacey View Post
    They HAD to have Open Line
    They HAD to have Felix

They should have just moved KISS to 107.5 or why didn't they give up that HOT97 spot.

So far I'm halfway satisfied with the "merger". But.............Harvey is a little too buffoony for me. The title of the show ,"Quiet Storm" , IMO should have been retired. Vaughn Harper is the voice of THE QUIET STORM here in the tri-state area , period. I don't mean any disrepect to LENNY GREEN and the programing of the music and quality of his show. He has got plenty of "Oh Shit" reactions from me by playing tracks you DON"T hear on the radio.

This only says to me that there is a space for an alternative. A space where you can hear those things R&B /SOUL/JAZZ ,that you DON'T hear on the radio ,that you DON'T have in your collection.
    The saying goes, "It's a poor rat ,that only has one hole"
    [[Just wait till I hit the lotto !!!!)
    And they also need Michael Baisden in the afternoons.

WRKS went out on a high note. In its final ratings month, KISS had its highest finish in several years.

KISS finished number 5 in radio's Arbitron ratings. BLS was number 8.

They seem to kill off stations and formats that still have plenty of life in them. A few years ago, they killed off the oldies format on WCBS-FM with no warning to the listeners. They replace it with that whack jack music which proved to be a dud. They brought back the oldies on WCBS-FM and in the latest Arbitron ratings, WCBS-FM finished at number two.

How sweet it would be if WEPN-FM [[the replacement for WRKS) will be as accepted as WCBS-FM's ill-fated Jack format.