[REMOVE ADS]

A Peace International Cecil Womack prod. 12"

Hello to all;

Some days ago in a very good [[and specially for Philly - addicts) spanish blog I mentioned that in a Vynil market [[new and second hand) in Reus [[next to Tarragona and my hometown) I saw a 12 inch single [[no cover art, simply the sleeve with the typical circular hole) and the credits were "master at Frankford Wayne, recorded at Sigma Sound, etc., etc,) and "produced by cecil Womack". The only thing I don't well recall was the artist, something like "New Executives", "Young Executives", ... [[????)

I knows The Blind Boys Of Alabama recorded the gospel album "I'm A Soldier In The Army Of God" in the first 80's and the fact that Peace International is a subsidiary label of PIR. Somebody knows something about this "X expedient" maxi single I referred...?

Thank in advance and best regards to all.
    Last edited by manny; 04-25-2012 at 06:47 PM. Reason: deficient redaction

I don't recall the recording, but Cecil worked as a writer/producer for Philadelphia International label in the early 80s.

Thanks, Randy

I knows Cecil Womack was on the credits on the PIR stuff from Pattie LaBelle's "Love Bankrupt" [[his first work) on and also playing guitar. I first think that Peace International was a 80's logo for his own productions until I read in Soul Source that really is a gospel subsidiary of PIR [[that was confirmed when I saw the CD re-issue of Blind Boys Of Alabama on this label). But... a "gospel maxi single"...??!! And, about the composed name of the artist I'm sure one word was "executives" [[of course is not Executive Suite with I knows well).

Best Regards

I remember the track you are talking about; it got quite a bit of UK soul radio & club plays back when it was a new release.
    I think you're close on the outfit's name, it was the Young ???? but I can't recall their exact name.

Was it The Young Delegation "I'll Keep On Holding On" .........
    ........ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y637vLQmsDY
    That's the track I was thinking of [[it was on Peace International.

Many thanks, Jsmith. Higly probably is that same artist. It seems a white - not for sale copy and I recall the label color yellow [[??)... this was in the late 90's - 2000. Really sounds some "gospel" flavored and reminds me a little "Time" by Mighty Clouds Of Joy "ralentizated" in tempo and tone.

Best regards.
    I also welcome any other info on Peace International PIR subsidiary

I seem to remember Cecil working with a group called the Young Executives.