[REMOVE ADS]

Autopsy report: Don Cornelius was plagued by seisures before suicide

I know someone [[aged 39) who is having to deal with seizures. He has a trained American pitball dog with him at all times which senses when the seizures are about to take place and guides him appropriately. This week, I was there whilst seizures were taking place. When the dog senses the attacks are about to take place, the dog barks loudly and forces my friend to find a SOFT AREA to avoid injury during the seizure. If he tries to leave the house, the dog will bark and physically stop him from going through the door. During recovery, the dog lies down with its paws on his body to detect when the next seizure is about to take place.

It was fascinating to see the dog in action like this. However, as I watched the many seizures take place, I was horrified. How anyone can cope with an ordeal like that on a regular basis is incredible.

OMG, theboyfromxcrosstown. Hope your friend is ok and thank God for the dog being there.

Nosey

Thank you. At least I now know that when I hear a dog barking, it's not some playful dog making a noise and causign a disturbance but a clever dog telling me that help is needed.