[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotspurman View Post
    I’m not sure, but I think the fact that Harmless and Demon do not have the rights for the repertoire in the US precludes them from submitting sales information and the like directly to Amazon in the US.

Obviously, you can find all of the information on the tracks and reviews on the UK site:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philadelphia...7787692&sr=8-1

$100 seems a bit high, but it is certainly worth it....
    Thanks, Hotspurman. Yes, the UK price is much better, 41 pounds which is only about $64. That seems like a great deal, as shipping from Amazon UK is only a few dollars. Thanks again! Just ordered it!
    Last edited by kenneth; 05-23-2012 at 12:19 PM.

You will not be disappointed, I promise you [[although not enough to offer a money back guarantee....)

While listening to my box set last night I noticed that although CD8, Track 4 is listed as "I'm In Love Again" by Patti Labelle, but it's actually "I'm In Love Once Again" by Jean Carn. I thought I had already heard Jean's song on one of the other CD's. When I checked "I'm In Love Once Again" is also on CD 4, Track 16. Did anyone else notice this on their set?

Quote Originally Posted by no_place_like_motown View Post
    While listening to my box set last night I noticed that although CD8, Track 4 is listed as "I'm In Love Again" by Patti Labelle, but it's actually "I'm In Love Once Again" by Jean Carn. I thought I had already heard Jean's song on one of the other CD's. When I checked "I'm In Love Once Again" is also on CD 4, Track 16. Did anyone else notice this on their set?
    I will check when I get my copy. I ordered it from overseas so it will take a few weeks to get here. If mine is correct, I could dupe it for you. If not, we should ask for the producers to replace the defective CD.

I'm looking at this from a U.S. singles collector perspective.

After inspecting the track selection very carefully, I now notice they left out a LOT of singles! What's more, they used album versions for many songs in place of the single versions. I don't think I need this box after all. Sorry.

I realize that they couldn't fit all of the singles on this set, but instead of using album versions for some of the songs, they could have used the single edits for all and made room for more songs.

Again, I am not the target consumer for the CDs that are praised around here. I don't like remixes or alternate versions, and I prefer single versions on boxed sets.
    Last edited by soulster; 05-26-2012 at 06:09 PM.

Nice to see Philly represented with this incredible set! The roots collection is what I am looking forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by no_place_like_motown View Post
    Got my set today, and checked this immediately. As in your set, mine has the Jean Carn track repeated on CD 8, Track 4.

How do we go about getting this CD replaced? I hate to return the whole set for this problem. Perhaps Mr. Dewhirst can advise us on what to do here.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post

Got my set today, and checked this immediately. As in your set, mine has the Jean Carn track repeated on CD 8, Track 4.

How do we go about getting this CD replaced? I hate to return the whole set for this problem. Perhaps Mr. Dewhirst can advise us on what to do here.
    Yes, please send a message direct to me Ian.Dewhirst@demonmusicgroup.co.uk with your addresses and I'll send a replacement CD8 with Patti LaBelle! Instant collectors items so keep the other CD!

Apologies to anyone who got the wrong CD. I don't know how the hell this stuff happens!

Cheers and thanks for everyone's support!

Ian D

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Dewhirst View Post
    Yes, please send a message direct to me Ian.Dewhirst@demonmusicgroup.co.uk with your addresses and I'll send a replacement CD8 with Patti LaBelle! Instant collectors items so keep the other CD!

Apologies to anyone who got the wrong CD. I don't know how the hell this stuff happens!

Cheers and thanks for everyone's support!

Ian D
    Wow, a reply with the speed of lightning! It's actually understandable this could happen. The titles are so similar and even their timing is 2 seconds difference. Thanks, will email you, sir.

Received the set thru Amazon UK last week but still haven't had the time to listen due to a holiday.
    Will do tonight to hear if cd8 has the wrong track.

BTW: for Dutch/Amsterdam fans of Philly: Fame movie and record store in Amsterdam Centre will sell the set on their June 1 friday night special evening sale with a 20% discount for 40 Euros = 32 UK pounds!

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Wow, a reply with the speed of lightning! It's actually understandable this could happen. The titles are so similar and even their timing is 2 seconds difference. Thanks, will email you, sir.
    Thanks Mr. Dewhirst, will send you an email as well. Kenneth - thanks again for your assistance.

God my replacement CD today. Thanks so much again for correcting this so quickly, Mr. Dewhirst.

A pleasure gentlemen. Thanks for your support fellas.

Re-Issue of the month in this month's Record Collector magazine, some wonderful reviews, radio support throughout and over 3K sales already, all of which makes life easier!

Right. What next I wonder....?

Ian D

Congratulations! Ian success deserved.

Thanks for the replacement disc.