[REMOVE ADS]

R.I.P. Dark Shadows star Jonathan Frid

OMG! He was still alive all this time? I am very surprised and saddened at the same time. I loved his portrayal of "Barnabas Collins" on "Dark Shadows", RIP!

As did a lot of other people. Dark Shadows was the Twin Peaks of it's time. Class schedules were adjusted so we could watch it. RIP.

Can either one of you DS enthusiasts tell me why "House Of Dark Shadows" isn't on DVD?

Doug, we use to watch "Dark Shadows" every afternoon after school and right before Dick Clark's "Where the Action Is". That show was so popular that we had the lunch boxes, the trading cards and the toys from the show.

The new movie version of Dark Shadows starring Johnny Depp is suppose to be released in just a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by timmyfunk View Post
    Can either one of you DS enthusiasts tell me why "House Of Dark Shadows" isn't on DVD?
    It was not that good in my opinion but since everything else is turning up on DVD, I can't see why it isn't. They made that movie while the series was still airing. That's how popular Dark Shadows had become.

House of Dark Shadows was released by MGM...I wonder why it's not, if it indeed isn't.

I used to watch this show when I was a kid, both when it first aired and in reruns. Barnabas was one of the great characters of television. RIP, Mr. Frid, and thank you...

Best,

Mark

Wow, us girls loved that not so handsome but sexy Barnabas Collins! Would run home from work just to watch the show. Even had my daddy watching it and that was a feat in itself! RIP Mr. Frid.

Jonathin Frid was the sh*t as Barnabas Collins. I know he was a very highly skilled actor otherwise and tried to escape
    that role but even he finally realised he was as vital to it as Bela Lugosi was to his portayal of Count Dracula. For me
    there's those two and then there's the rest as far as vampire roles. I hear Jonathin has a cameo in the Johnny Depp movie, BTW...Anyway, Rest in Peace, sir..

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    Jonathin Frid was the sh*t as Barnabas Collins. I know he was a very highly skilled actor otherwise and tried to escape
    that role but even he finally realised he was as vital to it as Bela Lugosi was to his portayal of Count Dracula. For me
    there's those two and then there's the rest as far as vampire roles. I hear Jonathin has a cameo in the Johnny Depp movie, BTW...Anyway, Rest in Peace, sir..
    He was wasn't he? He did his thang and kept us kids interested for month after month, year after year! I thought the woman that played Angelique the witch was very believeable also. Remember Quintin?

Quote Originally Posted by nosey View Post
    Wow, us girls loved that not so handsome but sexy Barnabas Collins! Would run home from work just to watch the show. Even had my daddy watching it and that was a feat in itself! RIP Mr. Frid.
    When this show came on, we had to get two TV's! We made my father get another television so that my mother could watch her "stories" [[i.e. The Edge of Night, The Secret Storm and Search for Tomorrow....) while we watched OUR story......"Dark Shadows" on weekday afternoons! LOL!!!

Strange that he and Dick Clark died days apart. Dick Clark's WHERE THE ACTION IS came on right after DARK SHADOWS.

OK who wants to play detective? In the below clip of HOUSE OF DARK SHADOWS, something is not right somewhere between the 7:45-8:45 mark.
    Can you spot it?

Barnabas' reflection does not show up in the Dr's compact mirror, right?

I very much remember watching "Dark Shadows" and "Where the Action Is" in the afternoons after school.

Well vampires don't cast reflections but that's not a mistake. Try again.

Quote Originally Posted by P-Shark: The Revenge View Post
    Well vampires don't cast reflections but that's not a mistake. Try again.
    Ok give me a min.

Ok I've watched it twice and did not pick up on anything. What is it?

I'll message you the answer