[REMOVE ADS]

Dick Clark has passed away

Legend Dick Clark has hosted his last New Year's Rockin Eve. The long-time host of American Bandstand has died at the age of 82.

Once again, TMZ is all over it[[do they have people at the morgue or something?). There's been confirmation by the Clark organization

http://www.tmz.com/

I am just hearing the first reports on MSNBC where they are doing a video biography of Dick. Well this is a BIG ONE! I had the good fortune to meet him once in December 1988 when they were rehearsing for "New Years' Rockin Eve" in Times Square. I yelled up to him on the scaffold and he yelled down to me! LOL! So many great memories he's brought to each and everyone one of us. He is soooooooo going to be missed. Thank you Dick Clark for all of it!

Marv

They are reporting the cause of death as a massive heart attack out in California.

[[Dick Clark from American Bandstand, 1961).

Dick Clark..."Our Buddy!" 1929-2012

He did so much for soul music and Motown. God bless him

Sorry to hear of the loss of another connection to the early days of rock and roll......

CNN is doing a lot on him! I am watching old clips and they showed Chubby Checker doing the Twist. Weird that this was not too long after Don Cornelius passing. My office manager at work today told everyone Dick Clark died and things just stopped for a few seconds. I am sure tributes and statements are being made as big as he is. Don C and Dick C being gone reminds me of American Pie the day the music died. RIP Mr Clark not only were you responsible for bringing acts to the stage and Motown but you gave us pleasure with the Pyramid Game Shows, Bloopers and Blunders,
    and the American Music Awards. I know I have left more out but I wish Mr Ryan Seacrest the best on carrying on the torch.

Berry Gordy is being interviewed right now about Dick Clark on MSNBC' "PoliticsNation" by Rev. Al Sharpton!

I just caught that Marv. Great tribute.

This guy did SO much for music............RIP

The thought of losing Dick Clark and Don Cornelius in the same year is surreal. R.I.P. Mr. Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    I just caught that Marv. Great tribute.
    Ralph, it's sad really now that I think about it. I also have to smile when I think of my one and only ever conversation with Dick Clark. It was Dec. 30, 1988 [[ you know the day before New Year's Eve.....). I was with my then girlfriend Kathy of Philly. We were in the NYC for the New Year's holiday. That afternoon we were wandering down near Times Square when I noticed they were getting ready for the big ball drop the next night. I looked up and on this 2, maybe 3 story scaffold and I see it is Dick Clark! So we go over to just about right underneath where he was standing and I yell up to him "Hey Dick Clark!........Well get on down! [[he looked like he was doing a dance up there the way he was moving his arms, etc.) He responded back to me... " I can't! I have to stay up here until they get these lasers right! [[He took what I had said literally, LOL!) So I yell back up to him that we were going over to Little Italy, to Puglia's and I'd wished he could join us. He thanked us and said he had several more hours of rehearsals to get through and said "you kids have fun"! I will never forget that little interaction with Dick Clark. He really was a real down to Earth person.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    He did so much for soul music and Motown. God bless him
    RIP Dick Clark. He was an American icon. He was one of the first TV hosts to show integration on his show. He realized Rock 'N' Roll had the power to bring people together.

My fondest memories of watching American Bandstand is from 1967-1980.

The best host that ever lived. It feels so odd that he's gone, for my entire childhood and teenage years, this man was on TV 6 days a week, and I never got tired of him.

He was a part of all our lives for so many years...RIP, Dick, and thank you...

Best,

Mark

I religiously watched Bandstand in the mid to late 60s and it was my primary connection to the popular music of the day since I lived a small-town existence and attending a concert was only a pipe dream. I can still vividly remember many scenes from the show, such as the crowd going wild over a Vandellas performance and Dick saying something like "Calm down, you'll get another crack at 'em."

Also that signature sign-off wave of his, which resembled a salute, sticks in my brain.

Quote Originally Posted by timmyfunk View Post
    The thought of losing Dick Clark and Don Cornelius in the same year is surreal. R.I.P. Mr. Clark.
    It seems very surreal when you consider that kids, young adults do not dance anymore........

a champion of civil rights..he leaves a wonderful legacy in his archives..he owned the Bandstand show rights... RIP

He was definitely a part o all of our lives just like Don Cornelius. He always seemed so down to earth and really had great interaction with his guests

Anyone remembers the first time that Prince was on Bandstand. He would not answer any of Dick Clark's questions. I can remember how frustrated he was but he remained cool. I believe he vowed to never have him on the show again after that.

It's amazing how young he always looked. That's why many people are amazed to find he was 82. He was 50 in that Sister Sledge clip, he sure didn't look it!

He was exactly the person you saw behind the podium and mic on American Bandstand. I danced on AB in the '70s.
    It was great and so was he. I saw him again many years later at a private event [[2001) and he remembered me.
    We have lost another true American icon.

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    Anyone remembers the first time that Prince was on Bandstand. He would not answer any of Dick Clark's questions. I can remember how frustrated he was but he remained cool. I believe he vowed to never have him on the show again after that.
    I remember that! Amazing, I was thinking of that show the other day. I remember my father and I were watching it . From far back Prince looked like a girl. LOL! He was wearing bikini underwear and long hair with these really long boots. Dick Clark was his usual cool, friendly self, but Prince would not answer any of the questions. Well he used his fingers to answer question like number of years, etc etc. We were laughing and thought Prince was VERY strange. I would not have guess he would become the superstar that he did.

Back in 1963, he was on the road .......
    Attachment 4787