[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Motown on DWTS?

I think it was a disgrace [[no,a sacrilege) that Gladys was voted off last night. Yet, she remained her gracious, happy, upbeat self. Good for her!

She sure received a lot of love. And the two judges seemed almost embarrassed to not pick Gladys.

They should have metioned florecxce Blonde Ballard

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Exactly.......
    Actually I agree. I thought Miss Reeves sounded fine and was nice to see her on national TV. She has so many positive things happening for her right now. It would be nice to see what some consider the B goups on the show also so they receive some of the attention. I bet Mary Wilson was tickled to death to see her friend Martha having some of the sporlight.

Hopefully Ralph doesn't pull this thread with the already nasty and foul language posted by Penny...completely uncalled for such a positive thread celebrating the history of Motown. Referring to people as assholes is not appropriate language. But I am sure some will try to rationalize that nasty comment.
    Last edited by detmotownguy; 04-25-2012 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Actually I agree. I thought Miss Reeves sounded fine and was nice to see her on national TV. ... It would be nice to see what some consider the B groups on the show also so they receive some of the attention.
    For anyone who was around in the early sixties, Martha and the Vandellas was not a B group. They were as big as The Miracles, Mary Wells, and the Marvellettes. Of course , as soon as The Supremes came along and shot into the stratosphere, many thought that all the other groups on the label were B groups. Its not so. Gladys may have been treated as a B group at the label, but look at what she and the Pips proved when they left for Buddah and had so many top ten hits.