[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Heck, it has gone up - even on UK HMV its up to £18. But it is £12.98 at Play.com

Just glad I pre-ordered at £9 [[which includes free delivery). Though I'm sure it will come back down before long as More Hits is £8.99 on Amazon.
    Last edited by mysterysinger; 05-27-2012 at 06:40 AM.

RossHolloway Guest
    That is quite the nice write up.

I've really been enjoying this set. We always thank Andy and George, but many times we forget to thank Kevin Reeves, who does a marvelous job with the sound, in my opinion. I had the pleasure of meeting him and he is a really nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    Flo's lead was never cut - she never learned it. People was not in the original Copa show - but after they were a success, it was added back in - with Flo on lead as always. Any author claiming otherwise was lying. Mary also lied about The Andantes not being used until after Flo left and that Motown did it to get the public used to hearing "only Diane." The truth is the public had been hearing The Andantes since early 1965 and no one was the wiser. I don't know why MAry had to make up lies like this - it caused her to lose credibility among fans and in the industry that knew better.
    So Flo's lead was not utilized because she never learned it is what i am hearing but who said that she didn't learn it. Further, I am wondering what is the truth behind "People" and was it or not performed at the Copa that seems to be a mystery,[[if it was why was it omitted there is no clue in the liner notes, does Berry have any control over these releases?) I don't think Mary had to lie about anything what she is saying is that The Supremes Mary and Flo were on most of the records whether the Andantes are their singing with or behind them which was the case on Stop in the name of Love, and I hear a symphony among others as compared to DMC where Mary and Cindy were left off the records in favor of the Andantes [[according to the book I am reading Motown from the background The Andantes only cite a few supremes records they sang on and Stop in the name of Love was not mentioned, and most of the background pre 65 were used on the female solo artists like Mary Wells, Kim Weston and brenda holloway.. The Supremes at the Copa is an effort by DMF and not just Diana Ross sorry guys, even though i can't comprehend has to why the mike on Flo was turned down on many cuts on Dics 2. I will know more when I beat my copy to death when it arrives. Lets face it Diana was great for the Supremes, but Flo was the backbone of that background

Quote Originally Posted by franjoy56 View Post
    So Flo's lead was not utilized because she never learned it is what i am hearing but who said that she didn't learn it. Further, I am wondering what is the truth behind "People" and was it or not performed at the Copa that seems to be a mystery,[[if it was why was it omitted there is no clue in the liner notes, does Berry have any control over these releases?) I don't think Mary had to lie about anything what she is saying is that The Supremes Mary and Flo were on most of the records whether the Andantes are their singing with or behind them which was the case on Stop in the name of Love, and I hear a symphony among others as compared to DMC where Mary and Cindy were left off the records in favor of the Andantes [[according to the book I am reading Motown from the background The Andantes only cite a few supremes records they sang on and Stop in the name of Love was not mentioned, and most of the background pre 65 were used on the female solo artists like Mary Wells, Kim Weston and brenda holloway.. The Supremes at the Copa is an effort by DMF and not just Diana Ross sorry guys, even though i can't comprehend has to why the mike on Flo was turned down on many cuts on Dics 2. I will know more when I beat my copy to death when it arrives. Lets face it Diana was great for the Supremes, but Flo was the backbone of that background
    Diane, Mary and Flo were and always will be the Supremes Frances. And although it happened a very long time ago I often wonder why Diane Ross and Mary Wilson didn't go to bat for Flo more.

Flo's life turned into a nightmare with a tragic ending. If only things had turned out differently. Sad, so very, very sad. Take comfort and find strength in knowing that Florence Ballard is at home with the Lord and her pain, suffering and anguish is over.

"For there is no sound of music in Hell. Only in the Lord's house will there be singing and all God's children will be able to sing with joy and their voices will never be silenced. There is nothing that pleases the Lord more than to hear his people singing in his heavenly house."

Respectfully yours,

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    "For there is no sound of music in Hell. Only in the Lord's house will there be singing and all God's children will be able to sing with joy and their voices will never be silenced. There is nothing that pleases the Lord more than to hear his people singing in his heavenly house."

Respectfully yours,

Roberta
    Roberta - What chapter and verse is the scripture from? I'm guessing Psalms. It's beautiful. Kenneth

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Roberta - What chapter and verse is the scripture from? I'm guessing Psalms. It's beautiful. Kenneth
    I believe it is from the good book of Isaiah dear Kenneth but I could be wrong. I remember it coming from the old testament but may not be quoting it verbatim.

The Bible is my guide that leads me through life Kenneth and in my most humble opinion, it is the greatest book ever published.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    I believe it is from the good book of Isaiah dear Kenneth but I could be wrong. I remember it coming from the old testament but may not be quoting it verbatim.

The Bible is my guide that leads me through life Kenneth and in my most humble opinion, it is the greatest book ever published.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta
    Thank you! God bless, Kenneth

My pleasure Kenneth. May God continue to shine his light and love around you.

Roberta

thank you to Roberta and Kenneth for caring. /we always need to "make someone happy"

Roberta always has the right thing to say at the right time. What a remarkable woman.

Penny

Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    Roberta always has the right thing to say at the right time. What a remarkable woman.

Penny
    I totally agree!

Penny and Kenneth you are both so very kind.

God bless you,

Roberta