[REMOVE ADS]

Supremes volume one

Having recently purchased the second Supremes box set "Let Yourself Go", I wish I had purchased the first CD set "This Is The Story" to complete the collection.
    As this is now out of print, are there any members who may have purchased multiple stock willing to sell a copy or know where I could get a copy.

Depending on how much you will spend, you can find it here: http://www.musicstack.com/listings.c...lf+go&media=cd

You can also download the music on Amazon or iTunes
    Last edited by MotownSteve; 04-13-2012 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MotownSteve View Post
    Depending on how much you will spend, you can find it here: http://www.musicstack.com/listings.c...lf+go&media=cd

You can also download the music on Amazon or iTunes
    Thanks for that but it is "This is the Story" I need.

There was a member here who had the same dilemma and another fan kindly sold him an extra copy. Hopefully someone here will come through.

It's important to buy these releases as soon as possible, since they are limited edition and there is always that risk of missing out.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    There was a member here who had the same dilemma and another fan kindly sold him an extra copy. Hopefully someone here will come through.

It's important to buy these releases as soon as possible, since they are limited edition and there is always that risk of missing out.
    Just curious to know what's the last Hip-O/Motown release or Ace Motown release that you've purchased?

Well, I don't know if this counts, because I never purchased it myself...but a dear friend gave me a copy of the new Eddie Holland collection from Ace in the UK. My other recent additions include "The Apollas" CD from Ace/Kent, Diana Ross 1976 Expanded Edition [[given to me by this kind and dear friend), Bonnie Pointer's album from BBR, amongst others. I also got the "Shorty Long Essential Collection" CD in the mail today from another dear and kind friend of mine. Usually I buy a lot of music, but everyone has been giving me things lately. I am overwhelmed by kindness.

How about yourself, Kamasu?
    Last edited by carlo; 04-13-2012 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    Having recently purchased the second Supremes box set "Let Yourself Go", I wish I had purchased the first CD set "This Is The Story" to complete the collection.
    As this is now out of print, are there any members who may have purchased multiple stock willing to sell a copy or know where I could get a copy.
    You could try ebay or craigs list masterblaster but do make sure the seller has a high rating and is trustworthy.

Good luck in your search.

Roberta

Well, I don't know if this counts, because I never purchased it myself...but a dear friend sent me a copy of the new Eddie Holland collection from Ace in the UK. My other recent additions include "The Apollas" CD from Ace/Kent, Diana Ross 1976 Expanded Edition [[given to me by this kind and dear friend), Bonnie Pointer's album from BBR, amongst others.

How about yourself, Kamasu?
    I bought the Shorty Long disc, which was released this month and Earl Van Dyke's CD. I think I'm caught up with Motown releases. I usually try to buy everything Motown.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 04-13-2012 at 01:32 PM.

I believe the two members involved in that transaction were long-time SDF members. With no offense, I am a little suspect of someone that has 3 or 4 posts and is looking for "favors".

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    I believe the two members involved in that transaction were long-time SDF members. With no offense, I am a little suspect of someone that has 3 or 4 posts and is looking for "favors".
    Actually, I have been a SDF member for a couple of years now had to re-register with a new name as I was having problems posting to the site since I changed E-mail server. I usually buy every Motown release but for some reason I didn't get the first Supremes set and regretted it after buying "Let yourself Go ". Guess I'm a completest at heart.
    Recent Hipo and Ace pruchases include "Earl Van Dyke", Patrice Holloway, The Monitors, Eddie Holland, Diana Ross "76" album.

RossHolloway Guest
    Actually, I have been a SDF member for a couple of years now had to re-register with a new name as I was having problems posting to the site since I changed E-mail server. I usually buy every Motown release but for some reason I didn't get the first Supremes set and regretted it after buying "Let yourself Go ". Guess I'm a completest at heart.
    Recent Hipo and Ace pruchases include "Earl Van Dyke", Patrice Holloway, The Monitors, Eddie Holland, Diana Ross "76" album.
    What did you think of the Patrice Holloway release? There wasn't much discussion about it when it was released.

Thanks for that but it is "This is the Story" I need.
    Sorry about the link. But, as I also said, This is the Story is available for download on Amazon [[$36.12) and iTunes [[$39.99)