[REMOVE ADS]

The Blackberries

http://humble-pie.net/the_blackberri...ckberries.html

In reading the post on the Ikettes, it brought to mind some other groups that Venetta Fields was also in.....The Mirettes and the Blackberries. I wish they'd release the Mirettes onto CD as well as the never before released LP of the Blackberries.

I always loved this video of them with Humble Pie
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqsMKvkzdwc

I had some Blackberries with my oatmeal this morning.

The Blackberries were a Motown group recording on the Mowest label. They had one unissued 45 Somebody Up There b/w But I Love him assigned #5020. They also had one unissued album Mowest 106 but the album title was not determined.

In A Cellarful of Motown [[UK marketing/distribution) KIDNAPPED by the Blackberries makes it debut. Venetta Fields did the lead vocals. There is one whole LP master on this group in the vaults just crying out to be released. It includes a magnum opus version of the Supremes "Love Child" that runs into about 8 minutes.

They also recorded two singles for A&M Records as well.