[REMOVE ADS]

Diana & family leaving Boa restaurant [VIDEO]

X17 caught up with Diana signing autographs while leaving a restaurant

http://x17video.com/celebrity_video/...ross_signs.php

Wow, she really looks great. Seems like she's slimmed down some. Very gracious towards the fans in that spot.

That is one of her sons from the Danish [[?) industrialist? How old is he? Nice looking young man.

Yes, that was Evan, her youngest son.

It sucks to see her being tracked down by the paparazzi and fans/autograph seekers. However, she is always very kind to them.

Come on now Diana looked minimally tolerant in first video, like she was gritting her teeth and Tracey looked quite annoyed. The people in the second video were obnoxious.

They all looked about normal.

C'mon Luke, face it, the fact that "Diana looks" and breathes is more than you and Marv can cope with.

Add to it that she was a huge star and you palpitate.

Throw in fan tidbits like she sang without Supremes on half the hits and got a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Grammys and tours endlessly when the other Supremes aren't terribly active and your into diarrhea overload.

You know it is my job to counter with the truth to just about anything you post! LOL!

No, it is not true that Diana Ross recorded half of the Supremes hits without Mary Wilson or Florence Ballard.

No, she does not tour nearly as much as Mary Wilson tours or performs. Mary performed over 100 concerts just last year alone.

LOL Marv youre a patient man!

Carlo, what sucks worse for an entertainer, is when the fans and paparazzi don't want to track you down or care who you are.

Just saying.

Penny

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post

No, she does not tour nearly as much as Mary Wilson tours or performs. Mary performed over 100 concerts just last year alone.

I'm sure Diana is much more financially secure than Mary so she can afford to perform at her own leisure. Acts like Mary pretty much have to tour for survival. What Diana makes for one show is probably what it takes Mary to accumulate in 10 shows.

This just shows how obnoxious her fans are. I kinda feel sorry for her now, dealing with all that hoo-ha. But hey... as much as these celebs may bitch and moan about papparazzi, they keep going to these high profile hollywood restaurants and night spots. Hell, if i were that rich and didn't want the papparazzi, I'd stay home and hire a personal chef.

True true true. There are many celebs who do not get swamped by press--the dont go out to eat in Beverly Hills. They are more that compensated for the inconvenience. Though the people in second video as I said were obnoxious.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Throw in fan tidbits like she sang without Supremes on half the hits and got a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Grammys and tours endlessly when the other Supremes aren't terribly active and your into diarrhea overload.
    Were those comments really necessary? I can already see how this discussion is going to end up...

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Were those comments really necessary? I can already see how this discussion is going to end up...
    So true! Thanks Carlo.

Ya but you guys tend to whine when the comments are made in a way that you think they are about Mary Wilson but you never whine when they are about Diana Ross. The line I wrote is fact in my view. And you fed right into it ~ you got diarrhea ~ instead, just ignore it if it isn't your cup of tea.

It's a discussion group. You can't have it both ways. You can chose what you like and don't like, you can chose what you want to say, but you can't tell other people what to say ~ many of us just won't listen.

The alternative then is to whine..........and the same guys whine all the time; you wanna run home with the cookies, I'm not coming to play anymore...........wha wha wha.

It's one thing I can agree with Marv on ~ there are contrary views. You can disagree. But you can't tell people to shut up or you get told to shut up yourself. You say one guy is whining, well he'll say your whining.

Get over it.

I do feel for Mary Wilson unlike Diana,Smokey and Stevie she has to tour and do upwards of 50-100 concerts to just pay her bills and property taxes on her home in Vegas. I wonder if a part of her wishes she could slow down and work when she wanted to and not because she has to.

Gladys Knight it seems is doing that "Dancing With the Stars" more for the fun of it from what my cousin told me. Anyway I'm rambling I've got to get out in my backyard with my sons tee ball time is here.

Diana didn't seem to have any issues with the fans or paparazzi. She graciously smiled, signed autographs, had a little chit chat & said her thank yous and got in the car. That's more than other celebrities who just flat out ignore the fans & get right into the car.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Ya but you guys tend to whine when the comments are made in a way that you think they are about Mary Wilson but you never whine when they are about Diana Ross. The line I wrote is fact in my view. And you fed right into it ~ you got diarrhea ~ instead, just ignore it if it isn't your cup of tea.

It's a discussion group. You can't have it both ways. You can chose what you like and don't like, you can chose what you want to say, but you can't tell other people what to say ~ many of us just won't listen.

The alternative then is to whine..........and the same guys whine all the time; you wanna run home with the cookies, I'm not coming to play anymore...........wha wha wha.

It's one thing I can agree with Marv on ~ there are contrary views. You can disagree. But you can't tell people to shut up or you get told to shut up yourself. You say one guy is whining, well he'll say your whining.

Get over it.
    Wow...pretty strong stuff. Impressive.

To be fair, let me remind you I'm a fan of both Diane Ross and Mary Wilson, and I don't trash either one, or "whine" about it when someone else does. In this thread, you just seemed to court the controversy you condemn in others, and that's what I was agreeing with Carlo about.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Wow...pretty strong stuff. Impressive.

To be fair, let me remind you I'm a fan of both Diane Ross and Mary Wilson, and I don't trash either one, or "whine" about it when someone else does. In this thread, you just seemed to court the controversy you condemn in others, and that's what I was agreeing with Carlo about.
    Exactly Kenneth. I completely agree with you. I am a fan of both Diana and Mary and I've never spoken in a hateful way towards either of them on this forum. Like you say, Jobeterob tends to have his moments where he commends people like MaryBrewster for making a stand against "Supremes bashing", yet Rob does it himself in a covert manner on a consistent basis. He was a lawyer, so of course he knows how to word his posts in order to confuse people and to try and spin things around in his favour. However, the truth is that he loves participating in and creating drama on this forum as much as the people he constantly accuses. He even admitted it himself. He was asking for people to share "dirt" a little while ago.

Rob, time and time again, you seem to make posts in support of MaryBrewster's stand against Supremes bashing and Mary Wilson's post about petty talk. That's cool. If you agree with them, then at least be consistent about it. The fact that you're making these little subtle comments that have nothing to do with the original topic, but only to serve as bait for Marv, shows that you're just as guilty, Rob. I have never and will never support Marv's bashing of Diana Ross, but I will also not support your "bait" either. You contribute to these Supreme versus Supreme arguments just as much as he does.

If you're a fan of The Supremes and Motown, then discuss your love and appreciation of that.

Can't wait to see who is going to pounce on me now. Like I really care...
    Last edited by carlo; 04-08-2012 at 03:08 PM.

Carlo, I wasn't even sure where his comments were coming from! No one had said anything bad at all about Diane in this thread. I had mentioned she looked great and acted very gracious. And regarding the paps in the video, I admire her for she doesn't have to engage at all with these folks if she doesn't want to.

I am surely not Diane's biggest fan, nor am I Mary's, but I like and admire both of them. They've both had great careers. Without a doubt, Diane's solo career obviously eclipsed the others from the group, but Mary to her own credit has singly done more to keep the Supremes legacy alive than if their old songs were just played over and over again on Oldies radio.

Anyway, onwards and upwards, as they say...!

Agreed.

honest man Guest
    Kenneth do me a big favour call the lady by the name she goes by DIANA ,it gets right up my nose as does the poster who rarely gets her name right but can get away with all the abusive comments he makes about DIANA ROSS, just sayin' for future threads, GET BACK TO YOUR MICROPHONE, CHEERS.

Quote Originally Posted by honest man View Post
    Kenneth do me a big favour call the lady by the name she goes by DIANA ,it gets right up my nose as does the poster who rarely gets her name right but can get away with all the abusive comments he makes about DIANA ROSS, just sayin' for future threads, GET BACK TO YOUR MICROPHONE, CHEERS.
    I always think of her as Diane. I grew up in Detroit and that's how everyone referred to her. Sorry it's an issue for you and a few others, but so be it.

There was a thread about why many of the amazing forum members that were here are gone. This is why. These threads devolve into arguments about The Supremes, and it just turns ugly. I don't care who started what, or when. Can't we just respectfully talk to each other about soul music? There aren't many fans out there as passionate about this music as those on this forum, and the numbers of contributors is dwindling because of spats like these. It's a real dissuasion from coming back to the site.

honest man Guest
    Not an issue with me, just correcting you,cheers.

What bothers you about it? Does "Diane" not sound as fancy schmancy and high brow as "Diana"? Either one is the same to me. People making casual references to people by shortened names is no big deal. I've never seen a single Madonna fan get bent out of shape when people call her "Mo", or Aretha "Ree Ree", or Streisand "Babs". Get over it.

Or Madge! ANd the fact is all of the people close to her call her Diane, so it's just you know what -- fuel for fighting for the sake of fighting. And Flo was Blondie and bla bla bla.

honest man Guest
    GET OVER WHAT,No problem just get the name right,ignorant people get RIGHT.................... UP MY NOSE, i won't be losing any sleep.Goodnight

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    What bothers you about it? Does "Diane" not sound as fancy schmancy and high brow as "Diana"? Either one is the same to me. People making casual references to people by shortened names is no big deal. I've never seen a single Madonna fan get bent out of shape when people call her "Mo", or Aretha "Ree Ree", or Streisand "Babs". Get over it.
    Thank you, my friend!

honest man Guest
    no problem Kenny. goodnight.

no problem Kenny. goodnight.
    I wasn't speaking to you, but okay. And by the way, didn't you retire for the evening already?

smark21 Guest
    honestman is drunk again.

I just knew when I saw the title of this thread that trouble was coming my way. I'm closing it. Thanks guys, Its Easter Sunday.