[REMOVE ADS]

Cindy Birdsong live at the Hippodrome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJst_...&feature=share Better quality than the tape that had circulated. Diana in the audience.

IMO CIndy did great especially with Supremes medley. Im surprised she didnt sing a bit with Diana or continue her career. She has that "it" factor.

Luke about a month or so later, Cindy Birdsong brought show here to New York at the Palladium. She also guested on Regis Philbin.

I saw her on Regis. How did the NY show go Marv?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I saw her on Regis. How did the NY show go Marv?
    I was not there, although the Palladium was MY party spot. I heard that they loved her show. I think I recall that they did not have her perform in the large, large area of the club, but in the Mike Todd Room. It's been so long its hard to remember specifics. Anyhow, the Palladium is now the Womens Dorm for NYU! LOL!

Wonder why she didnt sing Dancing Room, her best recording?

Wonder why she didnt sing Dancing Room, her best recording?
    That is an interesting question because it had been recorded by the time she did this show. I had this video for something like 20 years and had forgotten about it until it showed up on here.

Theres a video for Dancing Room?

Theres a video for Dancing Room?
    Not to my knowledge. That was a pretty good song too. I don't know or can remember who was managing Cindy at the time. Would you know?

No I dont know. I still wonder why she did the London and NY shows and then just seemed to pack it in. Ive heard that sometimes she jumps into things and then changes course...have to keep my lips sealed now!

No I dont know. I still wonder why she did the London and NY shows and then just seemed to pack it in. Ive heard that sometimes she jumps into things and then changes course...have to keep my lips sealed now!
    I know what you mean. It reminds me of when she did that stage play, "One Last Look" back in 1976-77. After that, the next time I saw or heard anything about Cindy she was doing a telethon in '78, but no more acting to my knowledge.