[REMOVE ADS]

Back In my Ska Arms Again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3BoRb1lW54

Fresh sounding music!

But...
    Now I wish I wouldn't know the original song so well, 'cause some chords don't seem to fit... or is it my ears altogether?

Back in my arms again dismantled.

the reggae beat is great with Ross' vocals but it would not have had a chance in hell in 1965 without the original background vocals of Mary & Flo that is evidently missing here. This is the 47th anniversary of this song moving up the charts by the way, and a few weeks later it would be debut on Hulabooloo May 12, 1965 in their most famous stage version of the song with the dance spin routine.

This wasn't my cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by franjoy56 View Post
    the reggae beat is great with Ross' vocals but it would not have had a chance in hell in 1965 without the original background vocals of Mary & Flo that is evidently missing here. This is the 47th anniversary of this song moving up the charts by the way, and a few weeks later it would be debut on Hulabooloo May 12, 1965 in their most famous stage version of the song with the dance spin routine.
    Fran! I have the original broadcasts of all those Hullabaloo performances including the one with "Back In My Arms Again", Frankie Avalon was the host. The dance routine was way ahead of it's time! A still photo from that particular performance ended up on the cover of Time Magazine. You are right, it does not sound right without Mary and Flo's vocals.

marv, do you have the last performance they did on hulaboolo I hear a symphony is that the only
    song they sang on that show, i remember len barry was on that show but was the other song
    the supremes sang was the four tops i can't help myself and that was it.

Quote Originally Posted by franjoy56 View Post
    marv, do you have the last performance they did on hulaboolo I hear a symphony is that the only
    song they sang on that show, i remember len barry was on that show but was the other song
    the supremes sang was the four tops i can't help myself and that was it.
    I have that show also. I will have to watch it to determine what other songs they performed. . They sang "I Can't Help Myself " on the show where Sammy Davis hosted and they performed "Nothing But Heartaches."

I like ska'ed up soul BUT that's coz I've heard so much of it down the years.
    Ska was inspired by Nola R&B and then singers from the 'Islands' discovered the songs of Curtis Mayfield, Chicago soul, NY soul, southern soul and then Motown.
    There are so many great Ska & reggae versions of soul songs it's unbelievable [[well IMO they're great).
    My FAVE version of one Motown song is THE ska version & that song has been a hit 3 times for Motown artists . GO FIGURE.
    Delroy has done good versions of Motown >> Put Yourself In My Place, Lovin You Is Sweeter Than Ever, Ain't That Peculiar, I'm Still Waiting, It's A Shame, Stop In The Name of Love, Same Old Song, Baby I Need Your Lovin, This Old Heart of Mine, Once Upon A Time, What's Going On + soul songs like Keep On Trying, I'm The One Who Loves You, You Must Believe Me, Closer Together, Call On Me, Hey Girl Don't Bother Me, Lean On Me, When She Was Girl, Can I Change My Mind, Spanish Harlem, Miss Grace.
    .... AND I haven't even listed the Motown song that he does my fave version of !!!

Delroy goes Motown & I just love it ..........
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBffN9JOOn4

I used to have this one on single. Bob Andy on The Elgins "Stay In My Lonely Arms" [[of course Bob Andy and Marcia Griffiths also had a single release on Tamla, "Young Gifted and Black").

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE4o2mccaY4
    Last edited by mysterysinger; 04-03-2012 at 01:48 PM.

Well I think it's really freash - I'd dance to it at a bbq or party - even sing along in the car. Of course I still prefer the original but this is nice. Good job! )