[REMOVE ADS]

honest man Guest

Drats around the wordl recordings.

Hello people i remember reading a few years ago about some DRATS Tracks that where recorded for an album Around the world,it featured songs like Balhi hi, Jamaican farewell,etc i can't rememeber others,i still have article somewhere thought maybe easier to post than dig out,does anyone remember a tracklist and where any songs completed for album, cheers folks.

Hava Nagila was another one ...

Here are the list of songs recorded for the album:

- Around The World
    - Never On Sunday
    - Hava Nagila
    - C'est Si Bon
    - The Hawaiian Wedding Song
    - Danny Boy
    - Jamaican Farewell
    - Volare
    - La Bamba
    - Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport
    - Danke Schoen
    - Sukiyaki

Although instrumental tracks exist, there are no vocals on any of these songs.

honest man Guest
    thank you both , Brad i thought you would help out, so these songs were never giving vocals either, cheers.

"Around The World" did get vocals. It was released on the HIPO "There's A Place For Us" set. That set, by the way, is no longer listed at HIPO. I wonder why?

John, you're thinking of the track "Around The World In 80 Days" which was intended for the Tribute to the Girls album. "Around The World" was a different song that was written for this project.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacramento John View Post
    "Around The World" did get vocals. It was released on the HIPO "There's A Place For Us" set. That set, by the way, is no longer listed at HIPO. I wonder why?
    It must be sold out like the 'David' David Ruffin album. It's odd that other sold out albums are still listed!
    Last edited by copley; 03-20-2012 at 06:39 PM.

honest man Guest
    H ello people thank you for posts so i reckon there really are no DRATS unissued left to be released. I knew it had been mentioned before maybe Chim Cheree is all that is left studio wise maybe we have had all the unissued from main acts,i know i read nothing left on TEMPTS-MARVIN,We have had LOST AND FOUNDS and the anthology sets JIMMY-TOMMY -KIM etc,maybe only GKATP -SPINNERS-F4,Left out of main artists Edwin maybe,what a reality check,but then again what a bonus to have all this unissued stuff,20 years or so it would have seemed impossible,just a thought,cheers folks.

Tie mi kangaroo down sport? Are you kiddin'... I bet this LP would have sold less than 'Sing & Perform Funny Girl'..!

HW promised Marvin's Trouble Man SE for 2012!

honest man Guest
    Hello people i thought M arvin's 70s albums had been expanded, im sure i have trouble man in this form,sorry to mention DRATS again,but talking expanded got me thinking the LOVE CHILD album were all the songs recorded from that time frame,LTSI,COTC had older tracks thrown in, would love the love child expanded as that truly would have been a Current Motown album at the time ,with the leftover songs that were issued on the 2 later albums being included ,does anyone have any dates for songs on LTST, COTC.Any offers, cheers.

You can find Supremes song information here:

page one: http://www.dftmc.info/artists/as-03.html
    page two: http://www.dftmc.info/artists/as-04.html

Main Motown Page:
    http://www.dftmc.info/home.html
    And I mean this respectfully but a little punctuation goes a long way in understanding posts.

honest man Guest
    Cheers,Coodnight.......

Don't Forget The Motor City is an awesome website for information regarding Motown recordings; however I have a few problems with it. The first being that they only list the last recording date for a song, not all of the recording dates. Second, when they list an unreleased song for instance like the Supremes' "This Is Where I Came In," they mention that the song was completed. Regarding "This Is Where I Came In" December 20, 1968 is listed. This isn't necessarily so as the last date listed may mean the last session for the song like the strings, brass or background vocals. It doesn't mean that the song was completed with all vocals and instrumentation. I know the website is still a work in progress so hopefully they can list all recording dates and information when it is completed.

I believe that there are still more from the Contours, Lollipops,Kim Weston, Brenda Holloway,Miracles, Stevie Wonder,Hattie Littles, Underdogs, Liz Lands, Creations, Rita Wright, J.J.Barnes, Lewis Sisters, Little Lisa,Chris Clark, Mary Wells, Ivy Jo Hunter and I wouldn`t give up on the Tops, Tempts or Marvin just yet.

I know for a fact that there are a few more things on Kim Weston, Marvin Gaye, Martha & the Vandellas and the Four Tops still in the vault.

honest man Guest
    Hello folks great stuff from above posters, I thought they maybe collected onto a CFOM CD, I WAS MORE ON THE LINES OF COMPLETE ANTHOLOGIES , maybe more on Marvin- Tempts - 4 tops ,hmm good to hear, cheers.

honest man Guest
    Hello people not including live -alternative takes , how many cds worth of sixties unissued tracks do you think could be released,just a thought,cheers.

There must still be hundreds of tracks including lots by little known artists.

Don't forget the thousands of demos and instrumental tracks that if released would please fans and leave us saying "They kept this in the vault?!"

The label manager of UK Tamla Motown, Gordon Frewin, announced in the Sunday Times in the 90's that an estimated third of all recorded tracks were released at the time. That's a very rough guide but it gives us fans a general idea of what is left.

Brad raises an interesting point about instrumentals. One of the most famous of these is "True Fine Boy" assigned to Saundra Edwards.

Here are some more Funk Brothers instrumentals that I don't think have ever been heard before. I don't think they ever received vocals nor do I even know what the name of the tracks are. The second track is very similar to "Soul Man." They're great tracks!

Brad

The 2nd track is David Ruffin's "I Could Never be President"