[REMOVE ADS]

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Stephanie, based on the law, there is a difference between murder and manslaughter. Doesn't mean anything to most people since if someone is dead , they are dead but in terms of the law there is a difference...just thought I'd throw that out there. Ironically I looked into that a few days ago because of other questions I had.

Zimmerman was able to keep his gun because in the eyes of the State Prosecutor a crime had not been committed and right or wrong....he had a permit and a legal right in the State of Fla to carry a gun....and unfortunately and for now....still does.

I need to re-word that. The State prosecutor decided there was no evidence to charge and or prosecute Zimmerman....personally same thing as far as I'm concerned but sometime semantics can trip you up.
    Last edited by ms_m; 04-02-2012 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    Hey Marv and everyone else,
    His father [[Zimmerman) being a judge has been in my mind for along time now. I think the one way we can end this case a lot quicker is to see if there are any phone records of thefather of Zimmerman talking to anyone and what was said. If there is ANY evidence of a payoff its all over. I have never in my life seen a man commit murder and not being held AND given the gun back. His dad had to have something to do with this.
    Stephanie I agree. Just today it was reported that Zimmerman's family were there at the police station that night! hmmmmmm..... I think it is a great idea to subpena the father's phone records once this thing goes to trial and it is going to trial! The FBI landed in Sanford, FL today to begin conducting their own, separate investigation. Keep in mind that all of this comes at a great financial cost to the Federal Government, so I can imagine that they are not very pleased with the way this case was handled by the local authorities!

Export him back to Mexico- we can't allow any one to take the law into their own hands. He can patrol all he wants in Mexico- let's see how long he last down there.

Don't forget that the son of Sanford's police officer was caught on tape beating a homeless man a couple of years ago and it took six weeks for them to decide to press charges against him. It's obvious that Sanford's finest look out for each other, so that courtesy probably extends to judges. Anything to get the benefit of the doubt in the next big case that the judge is going to handle, I guess.

Oh, and Zimmerman has a white parent and a Bolivian parent, not Mexican.

Update: Arrest warrant issued for police officer's son [[w/video)

An arrest warrant was issued Thursday for the son of a Sanford police officer, who was caught on camera punching a homeless man, according to Police Chief Brian Tooley.

In the amateur video, the homeless man is seen trying to break up a fight when the police officer's son, Justin Collison, sneaks up from behind and punches Sherman Ware in the back of the head.

Prosecutors are expected to decide in the next several days whether to charge the 21-year-old son of a Sanford police lieutenant with a crime for sucker-punching a homeless man, leaving him sprawled on a sidewalk in downtown Sanford with a broken nose.
    A video shot by a witness shows Justin Collison attacking the man then walking away and punching another man Dec. 4.
    WFTV -Channel 9 broke the story Tuesday, reporting that Sanford officers that night had the video of the attack and interviewed Collison but did not arrest him. He is the son of Lt. Chris Collison of the department's patrol division.
    Acting Sanford police chief Capt. Jerry Hargrett said late Wednesday afternoon that his officers made "blatant" policy violations that night, including not handcuffing Collison or patting him down.
    But Hargrett did not fault officers for opting not to arrest Collison. He said he was not sure why the officers made no arrest but said there is no evidence that Collison was given preferential treatment.
    Still, Hargrett said that his agency on Wednesday began an internal investigation into the conduct of four officers that night, one a sergeant.
    Lt. Collison was not on duty that night and is not a subject of the inquiry.
    "We are appalled by it. It's socking," Hargrett said of the video. "It's very disturbing."
    Earlier in the day, Sanford police Capt. David Del Rosso said Collison hadn't been charged because the man who was punched, Sherman Ware, hadn't sworn out a formal complaint and couldn't be found to make one.
    Mid-afternoon the department issued a news release, asking anyone with information on how to find Ware to come forward.
    That apparently worked. Police interviewed Ware Wednesday afternoon. Hargrett would not say what the homeless man said, but added, "Oh, yes, he does feel like he was a victim."
    Collison could not be reached for comment by the Orlando Sentinel on Wednesday.
    He told police that night that he was at the Wet Spot, a bar on Sanford's Park Avenue, when he was jumped by a white man inside and moments later was hit in the head. Collison said he then stepped outside and punched someone, according to a police report.
    That someone was Ware, who is black, had not been inside the bar and had not hit anyone, Hargrett said. The video shows Ware trying to break up a fight on the sidewalk when Collison walks up behind him, draws back his arm and unloads an uppercut to the back of Ware's head.
    Hargrett called it a sucker punch.
    It caused Ware to pitch forward, hit his head against a nearby light pole and go to the ground. He was taken to Central Florida Regional Hospital with a broken nose.
    Officer Samuel McNeil wrote in his report that he did not arrest the lieutenant's son because Ware gave no sworn written statement and that Collison and his friend, Eric Lassady, who was also involved in the bar fight, gave conflicting accounts.
    A few days after the fight, police asked the State Attorney's Office in Sanford to review the case and decide whether to file an aggravated battery charge against the lieutenant's son. It had taken no action as of mid-afternoon Wednesday.
    Hargrett said late Wednesday afternoon that prosecutors were reviewing Ware's statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    You're correct. Someone asked me if I believed race relations go worse since President Obama was elected. I told them they had not gotten worse, in my opinion. It just allowed race baiters to cloak their agenda with that of the president's opponents and by siding with them, those opponents had to represent them in their policies and rhetoric. The vitriol we are hearing was already there but it wasn't kosher to put it out in the public discourse. Now, they cannot appeal to their base because of policy failure or fact, so they are appealing to them on emotion. Unfortunately, a lot of that emotion considers skin color a trait that affects behavior and the darker the skin, the "darker" the behavior.
    It's hard to say if race relations have actually gotten worse. the increase in interracial marriages between Blacks and Whites have gone up, there are more integrated neighborhoods and workplaces. But, that racial undercurrent was always there, but has deepened directly because of the animosity between Blacks and those who hate Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by tmd View Post
    Export him back to Mexico- we can't allow any one to take the law into their own hands. He can patrol all he wants in Mexico- let's see how long he last down there.
    What an ignorant-ass thing to say! Zimmerman is a U.S. citizen, and not Mexican. End of story.

Jerry says Zimmerman is part Bolivian. I have been reading that he is part Cuban. What is the truth, and does it matter? He's a U.S. citizen.
    Last edited by soulster; 04-03-2012 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    What an ignorant-ass thing to say! Zimmerman is a U.S. citizen, and not Mexican. End of story.

Jerry says Zimmerman is part Bolivian. I have been reading that he is part Cuban. What is the truth, and does it matter? He's a U.S. citizen.
    He is a U.S. Citizen that denied another U.S. Citizen, Trayvon Martin his Civil Rights!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    He is a U.S. Citizen that denied another U.S. Citizen, Trayvon Martin his Civil Rights!
    The Government is investigating this, we are talking about Zimmerman's race, a young man is dead, and the murder is legally free, able to run and scratch.

The Government is investigating this, we are talking about Zimmerman's race, a young man is dead, and the murder is legally free, able to run and scratch.
    This is true. The only race angle is the fact that Martin was killed because he's black, not because Zimmerman is white, beige, purple, paisly, or striped. People have successfully turned the attention away from black men being unfairly profiled toward who's doing the profiling. There is nothing to see from that perspective considering that many of us profile each other unfairly, as well. So, for every racist like Zimmerman who kills someone based on perception, I can show you 20 brothers or sisters that have the same perspective. It's not fair, regardless of who holds that perspective. The point of all this is the fact that this young brother should still be unknown, alive, and well as he looks forward to summer break. But, he's dead and his family and friends miss him.

Hopefully we are getting close to a Zimmerman arrest.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...ed-prosecutors

This is true. The only race angle is the fact that Martin was killed because he's black, not because Zimmerman is white, beige, purple, paisly, or striped. People have successfully turned the attention away from black men being unfairly profiled toward who's doing the profiling. There is nothing to see from that perspective considering that many of us profile each other unfairly, as well. So, for every racist like Zimmerman who kills someone based on perception, I can show you 20 brothers or sisters that have the same perspective. It's not fair, regardless of who holds that perspective. The point of all this is the fact that this young brother should still be unknown, alive, and well as he looks forward to summer break. But, he's dead and his family and friends miss him.
    I still can't get over the screams. The screams for help, for mercy and Zimmerman shot him any way..........

I heard on TV today two things that caught my attention. 1) Almost every time prior that Zimmerman called he identified himself as George Zimmerman of Neighborhood Watch. The night of the shooting he did not. 2) On every prior call about an individual the police asked him to ID the person and the person was always black.

I still can't get over the screams. The screams for help, for mercy and Zimmerman shot him any way..........
    This still upsets me on a different level. I'm old enough and cynical enough that it shouldn't, but I'm still angry about this one. Two other points:
    1. I've had a broken nose. If someone punches you in the nose and breaks it, you don't react by finding your gun and discharging it. You bring both hands up to your nose and ask yourself "WTF just happened to my nose?", and that's your entire reaction before curling up to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    2. If they were rolling on the ground, where did Zimmerman find the angle, let alone the space to shoot him? They would have been tight on each other and there would have been next to zero opportunity to point the firearm. In other words, you need space to use a gun and I don't see someone in an altercation wherein he's wrestling on the ground having that space.

This still upsets me on a different level. I'm old enough and cynical enough that it shouldn't, but I'm still angry about this one. Two other points:
    1. I've had a broken nose. If someone punches you in the nose and breaks it, you don't react by finding your gun and discharging it. You bring both hands up to your nose and ask yourself "WTF just happened to my nose?", and that's your entire reaction before curling up to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    2. If they were rolling on the ground, where did Zimmerman find the angle, let alone the space to shoot him? They would have been tight on each other and there would have been next to zero opportunity to point the firearm. In other words, you need space to use a gun and I don't see someone in an altercation wherein he's wrestling on the ground having that space.
    Regarding your first point, you are 100% correct. You do nothing other than what you said. As for the second point, if Zimmerman had the gun out, I would think he would have shot Martin in the side. If he did not have the gun out, given his description of what was going on, how did he get it out. If he had the strength to fend Martin off with one arm, why did he have to shoot him. If he was using both hands, we are back to how did he get the gun out. Me thinks Zimmerman is full of s--t.

Quote Originally Posted by MotownSteve View Post
    I heard on TV today two things that caught my attention. 1) Almost every time prior that Zimmerman called he identified himself as George Zimmerman of Neighborhood Watch. The night of the shooting he did not. 2) On every prior call about an individual the police asked him to ID the person and the person was always black.
    Ahemmmmmmm...........

Regarding your first point, you are 100% correct. You do nothing other than what you said. As for the second point, if Zimmerman had the gun out, I would think he would have shot Martin in the side. If he did not have the gun out, given his description of what was going on, how did he get it out. If he had the strength to fend Martin off with one arm, why did he have to shoot him. If he was using both hands, we are back to how did he get the gun out. Me thinks Zimmerman is full of s--t.

It doesn't add up does it? That poor kid.

I just read about another case in Florida. This guy plead guilty to murder and received a 27 year sentence. He was released early on probation in recognition of 'good behavior'. So far, so good. However, it was his 7th sentence. Something very wrong in Florida. [URL="[URL="http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/03/11008324-baseball-pitchers-widow-outraged-as-murderer-gets-out-10-years-earlyhttp://"] http://"] http://

But, they lock up 11 year old boys for life in Florida, right?

But, they lock up 11 year old boys for life in Florida, right?
    I think I remember that case. I've been to Florida many times, but I have no interest anymore.

George Zimmerman has a new lawyer. I find it interesting that neither the old or the new lawyer has ever seen him I imagine that George wants to put that off until his "injuries" have healed. hmmmmmm........

The crazy thing is that none of his lawyers have ever met Zimmerman. What kind of lawyer represents a client they have never met? No high-profile one would touch the case, especially with such a flimsy defense.

The crazy thing is that none of his lawyers have ever met Zimmerman. What kind of lawyer represents a client they have never met? No high-profile one would touch the case, especially with such a flimsy defense.
    You are so very right!

You are so very right!
    Well, I need to rephrase part of my post: The crazy thing is that none of Zimmerman's lawyers have ever met him.

George Zimmerman has set up a legal defense fund website [[I'm sure you all would love to contribute). Looks to me like Mr. Zimmerman believes he is going to be arrested and will wind up in court.

I'm guessing that for many who were born and raised in the south, this type of situation is no shock, but for those of us who are not accustomed to seeing this kind of "southern justice", it's infuriating. It should never take this long for a murderer to be investigated. Zimmerman should have been charged by now.

I just heard something where they someone claims Zimmerman obeyed all police commands. What about 'don't follow him'?

I don't know about nastier, but it is getting more ridiculous! That man is not a man of God. He is a publicity hog. He is going there to support the murdering of an unarmed kid by George Zimmerman? That is totally perverted!

Just heard on PoliticsNation: George Zimmerman suffered from shaken baby syndrome due to Trayvon pounding his head on the sidewalk. Anyone want to buy a bridge?
    Last edited by MotownSteve; 04-06-2012 at 09:45 PM.

Just heard on PolitisNation: George Zimmerman suffered from shaken baby syndrome due to Trayvon pounding his head on the sidewalk. Anyone want to buy a bridge?
    Then that is one big, mean, fat-assed baby! Trayvon would need the strength of Hercules to shake that big dude.

Zimmerman had better hope this doesn't go to a jury trial. Their defense is shaky, and built on lies. You can say what you want in the court of public opinion/media, but you can't get away with it so easily in a court of law.

Zimmerman had better hope this doesn't go to a jury trial. Their defense is shaky, and built on lies. You can say what you want in the court of public opinion/media, but you can't get away with it so easily in a court of law.
    In some jurisdictions the defendant can wave a jury trial. But, given the house of cards his defense is built on any trial could be a disaster for him.

His attorneys also quit today!

His attorneys also quit today!
    Yes. Now Zimmerman's talking to Sean Hannity, and has apparently fled the state. What's more, Hannity just put himself in this case, and, if Zimmerman is charged, could have placed himself, and Fox news, in a bad legal situation. That's the good part.

Zimmerman looks just like a guilty person, and this all suddenly starting to remind me of O.J. Simpson.
    Last edited by soulster; 04-10-2012 at 11:15 PM.

Yes. Now Zimmerman's talking to Sean Hannity, and has apparently fled the state. What's more, Hannity just put himself in this case, and, if Zimmerman is charged, could have placed himself, and Fox news, in a bad legal situation. That's the good part.

Zimmerman looks just like a guilty person, and this all suddenly starting to remind me of O.J. Simpson.
    soulster, you are, hopefully 100% right. His ex legal advisers say they are sure he is still in the country. I would not be surprised if he fled to Bolivia. If I remember correctly, that is where his mother is from.

Last edited by MotownSteve; 04-20-2012 at 12:20 PM.

George Zimmerman was smiling and smirking as he left the courtroom. Oh well, on to part two of this drama.

Florida has a weird justice system: http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2...nd-your-ground

This woman, Ms. Alexander who's been physically abused by her husband in the past fired off a gun into the ceiling of her home and now faces up to 20 years in prison? In Florida?

This law is sure a bad and very stupid law; it is made to cause problems and grief. I wish there was a way to sue the State of Florida for creating circumstances endangering the public with this law. And also, I wish lawyers down there could come up with a way to challenge the lawn and have it struck down.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    And also, I wish lawyers down there could come up with a way to challenge the lawn and have it struck down.
    A lawn mower?

A lawn mower?
    hehehehehehehehehe.....!!!!

I see in the UK papers that the trial is going on now. What are the latest developments?

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    I see in the UK papers that the trial is going on now. What are the latest developments?
    So far, it's not looking good for the defense.

So far, it's not looking good for the defense.
    Zimmerman killed a 17 year old kid for no reason other than hate. He robbed a teenagar of his life he stole his future and caused heartache for the Martin family. It shouldnt go well for the defense because hes guilty and should spend all of the rest of his days in jail. May God forgive George Zimmerman for what he did.

Roberta

They showed the court proof today that Trayvon Martin's arms and hands were positioned behind his body as he laid dead on the ground. A photo taken by one of the first persons on the scene with his cell phone camera shows this. This makes it appear that Zimmerman's story of Martin being on top of him pummeling him implausible.

Here's some good video coverage of the trial:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/geor...aints-19480565

They showed the court proof today that Trayvon Martin's arms and hands were positioned behind his body as he laid dead on the ground. A photo taken by one of the first persons on the scene with his cell phone camera shows this. This makes it appear that Zimmerman's story of Martin being on top of him pummeling him implausible.
    And, that is on top of the many lies he has told.

"Florida justice". That is an oxymoron if ever there was one. I predict he will walk, and not because he should.