[REMOVE ADS]

Martha Reeves on Jimmy Kimmel Live tonight!

She will be performing her latest single "I'm Not Leaving" with The Crystal Method.

I am really looking forward to this! I want her to really this song out! I also hope that they interview her.

I just saw it! Wow! Martha looked and sounded great! They have a hit on their hands. I was pleasantly surprised to see Louis Price of the Temptations on backgrounds. 2012 and Martha Reeves is still rockin' out! LOL!!! I love it!

smark21 Guest
    Here's the performance.

Just great! We seem to be seeing a renaissance for Martha-they may have a hit on their hands!

So many people like this song... and WOW did she sound and look great.. LOVE the dress!

when is this available on itunes?

It's up there now, Jimi.

I tried last night right after the show, under martha reeves, under crystal method, and nothing...I'll try again now...everyone should buy this immediately, get Martha back onto Top 40 radio...YES!!

Love it. This is great for Martha. Tight background singers....who were they? Let's all support Martha!

i just went back to itunes and it is STILL NOT up there...
    what is it under? I did crystal method, and then Martha reeves and there's NOTHING [[for the USA, anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
    Love it. This is great for Martha. Tight background singers....who were they? Let's all support Martha!
    One of the background singers was Louis Price. He was one of the Temptations lead singers when they were with Atlantic in the 70's.

I looked up "Martha Reeves" on iTunes and found it included under all of her albums. However, I'm using iTunes Canada, so maybe it's not available in the States yet?

It's on Amazon downloads in the U.S.

it should be on itunes U.S.!

smark21 Guest
    Did anyone noticed that Martha's mic was not set higher than the band or the background singers?

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Did anyone noticed that Martha's mic was not set higher than the band or the background singers?
    I noticed it and was disappointed that she did not sound like the lead. I originally heard the song in a thread on this board, and it was much better. She was out front. I like the song, and her performance. Listen to it here

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    it should be on itunes U.S.!
    It is. I found it. The Crystal Method "I'm Not Leaving". There's even a 4 song "album" with the original version of the song and 3 remixes.

Oh I really enjoyed that song last night. I have got to say that is probably one of the best group of Vandellas I have ever seen behind her. Martha sounded okay. I like her studio work better these days. Her voice just warbles a bit much for me.

Penny

Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    Oh I really enjoyed that song last night. I have got to say that is probably one of the best group of Vandellas I have ever seen behind her. Martha sounded okay. I like her studio work better these days. Her voice just warbles a bit much for me.

Penny
    I thought she sounded and looked great and there were no Vandellas there!

The warbling seemed less to me. I do wish she'd eliminate it--can she?

Leave Martha alone. Martha looks and sounds fantastic. She does not warble. Martha Reeves is a legend.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post

Penny
    I agree Penny! I really liked her new Vandellas. I didn't know she got rid of Lois and Delphine. Maybe they could help you sell AVON since they're no longer touring?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    The warbling seemed less to me. I do wish she'd eliminate it--can she?

http://www.thevoiceclub.com/audio/ho...ntrol-vibrato/

"Warblng" is technically called vitrato. Some vibrato is needed or the voice sounds too 'steely' and cold. If the vibato gets too pronounced it sounds....well, like a warble. As the voice gets older, sometimes this develops and some people have it from the get go. Opera singer Beverly Sills developed a wide vibrato from probably doing roles she took on later in her career that did some vocal damage [[too heavy of a role). Martha seems to go into a wide vibrato when she gets into the upper range. I image some vocal training could help? I'm not a singer but live with a former opera singer so have heard about 'vibrato' forever. Her vibrato sounded less in the new music and always enjoy Martha. At 70 I'm just glad Martha is with us and still performing. Go Martha!

Of course-me too! I listened to some vocal coaches on tv after Whitney's death who said there is no reason for a singer to lose their voice or have it diminish, if they practice and take care of it.

I've loved Martha for 50 yrs! She looks great for 70, but someone needs to tell her to wear clothes that fit! Her voice has long since gone AWOL. She sounds much better on the studio recording as her voice has been 'corrected'. I still love her though and like this song.