[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    Truthfully... when David Babcock told me that I was like "Oh please, bitch". I thought that one was pretty far fetched. Not that I don't think Gene Simmons would TRY to arrange something like that. THAT I would believe.
    Actually, at first I thought you were referring to another incident, hehehehehehe.... I'm not going there[[unless I am pushed.).

Gene Simmons is disgusting.

You all talk like there is something wrong with being a lesbian. That is shameful. My daughter is a lesbian and a wonderful, talented woman. I love her with all my heart. There is nothing wrong with her.

I don't know who Dionne or Diana sleeps with. I never even thought about it until you people brought it up. It doesn't matter to me. I love their voices and the music they have made.

It reeks of homophobia in this thread and on this site from time to time.

Penny

Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    You all talk like there is something wrong with being a lesbian. That is shameful. My daughter is a lesbian and a wonderful, talented woman. I love her with all my heart. There is nothing wrong with her.

I don't know who Dionne or Diana sleeps with. I never even thought about it until you people brought it up. It doesn't matter to me. I love their voices and the music they have made.

Penny
    This thread isn't about lesbians. That is the point! It is about a recent interview Dionne Warwick did regarding the recent loss of a loved one, Whitney Houston. All the talk about what she is wearing and how it looked masculine etc,etc was just diversions. I think Dionne handled the interview just fine and the interviewer was sympathetic thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post

Penny
    I have a gay nephew Penny and I adore and love the young man so much.

You are right about homophobia on this site. Only a month or so ago a notorious poster got away with calling Gay people freaks which is shocking in 2012.

I don't think Dionne is a Lesbian lady but if she was it wouldn't bother me one lick. All I said was she was dressing in a masculine way as of late but it's probably because she's dressing for comfort and not for glamor and her flat shoes are probably real comfortable on her feet.

Maybe you should send Dionne some of that Avon Mint Foot Cream that I bought from you. It's the best thing I have ever applied to my feet.

God bless you Penny.

Fondly,

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    I have a gay nephew Penny and I adore and love the young man so much.

You are right about homophobia on this site. Only a month or so ago a notorious poster got away with calling Gay people freaks which is shocking in 2012.

I don't think Dionne is a Lesbian lady but if she was it wouldn't bother me one lick. All I said was she was dressing in a masculine way as of late but it's probably because she's dressing for comfort and not for glamor and her flat shoes are probably real comfortable on her feet.

Maybe you should send Dionne some of that Avon Mint Foot Cream that I bought from you. It's the best thing I have ever applied to my feet.

God bless you Penny.

Fondly,

Roberta
    Would you mind staying on topic?

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    never heard that before. Well if true, i hope diana had a good time and had an orgasm.
    orgasm?? Isn't that something like a hopsicord?? And do they still make those???

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Would you mind staying on topic?

Or, in your case, hehehehehehehe
    It is sad when we go off topic. But at least the off topic was still about Dionne. Your comment below took the topic totally off Dionne and institigated others to mention three ways and orgasms and other stuff that had nothing to do with Dionne. WOULD YOU MIND STAYING ON TOPIC?
    Would like for me to start talking about what I've heard about Diana Ross etc,etc?
    Back on topic, Dionne was dressed comfortably on GMA. She was not performing. She was wearing flats instead of heals. You can't assume someone's sexual orientation by their appearance. And also, who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post

Or, in your case, hehehehehehehe
    It is sad when we go off topic. But at least the off topic was still about Dionne. Your comment below took the topic totally off Dionne and institigated others to mention three ways and orgasms and other stuff that had nothing to do with Dionne. WOULD YOU MIND STAYING ON TOPIC?

Back on topic, Dionne was dressed comfortably on GMA. She was not performing. She was wearing flats instead of heals. You can't assume someone's sexual orientation by their appearance. And also, who cares?
    Oh just blow it out your ear. Diane was just used to get them to get off of Dionne and the silly rumor that Calibaby injected into this thread out of nowhere in an attempt to keep his/her agenda going on somewhere at SDF! Back on topic, sure now that it has been exhausted. You want to pick a fight?

... Diane was just used to get them to get off of Dionne
    Well, right there you admitted that you got off topic. So why do you mind if others get off topic?

Oh just blow it out your ear.... You want to pick a fight?
    Why do YOU ask. Sounds more like YOU want to pick a fight. Telling me on various occasions to blow it out of my ear, that I don't know anything, that I don't need to know everything, that I'm stupid etc.

But you can get away with calling members names. After all, Sir Ralph has made you omnipotent so
    if you pick a fight with me, I am sure that he will allow you to win. Nevertheless, I usually do not pick fights. I kind of outgrew that. Do you still enjoy picking fights? Well, I have to go to my accountant and get my taxes done. So you take care of yourself. You are much loved on this site. Touch.

honest man Guest
    SNAP mate we have something in common,where's KNOBBY , cheers.

Excellent observation, Milven!

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Well, right there you admitted that you got off topic. So why do you mind if others get off topic?

Why do YOU ask. Sounds more like YOU want to pick a fight. Telling me on various occasions to blow it out of my ear, that I don't know anything, that I don't need to know everything, that I'm stupid etc.

But you can get away with calling members names. After all, Sir Ralph has made you omnipotent so
    if you pick a fight with me, I am sure that he will allow you to win. Nevertheless, I usually do not pick fights. I kind of outgrew that. Do you still enjoy picking fights? Well, I have to go to my accountant and get my taxes done. So you take care of yourself. You are much loved on this site. Touch.
    Stick him on ignore Milven. He's a horrible person who craves attention, even though most of it is negative.

Fondly,

Roberta

Luckily, I never knew these people early in life.

I was told that many of the jealousies arose over who got the Motown promos etc.; and there were some very connected people that got them all; but they are gone from here.

I think Marv is Eso or at least they should meet in a love fest of sorts. I think it might be a blast to watch for 5 to 10 minutes.

Poor Dionne......her few minutes here are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Luckily, I never knew these people early in life.

I was told that many of the jealousies arose over who got the Motown promos etc.; and there were some very connected people that got them all; but they are gone from here.

I think Marv is Eso or at least they should meet in a love fest of sorts. I think it might be a blast to watch for 5 to 10 minutes.

Poor Dionne......her few minutes here are gone.
    Does anyone know what this guy is talking about? I always thought Fruit Loops was just a cereal! hehehehehehe......

Does anyone know what this guy is talking about? I always thought Fruit Loops was just a cereal! hehehehehehe......
    It's possible that I may have known the answer but then blew it outta my ear as per your instructions above.

Oh just blow it out your ear....
    Last edited by milven; 03-25-2012 at 10:55 AM.

Foks, I still have to say that regardless of her age and regardless of her legendary status, if Dionne Warwick still wants
    to work as a performer she still has to depend on venues and promoters to book her. Image is soooo important!
    Looks can get you the gig or get you passed on and it was always that way in this business and still is that way.

smark21 Guest
    She's in the studio audience of American Idol sitting next to Jordin
    Sparks. No wig, short grey hair and shades.

Quote Originally Posted by randy_russi View Post
    Foks, I still have to say that regardless of her age and regardless of her legendary status, if Dionne Warwick still wants
    to work as a performer she still has to depend on venues and promoters to book her. Image is soooo important!
    Looks can get you the gig or get you passed on and it was always that way in this business and still is that way.
    Randy Russi I don't necessarily agree and it's probably safer to say it varies from one promoter to the next. Many of the promoters I talk to these days, even ones that book older acts, are kids. At least compared to me they are kids and they are more interested in packing the venue than the clothes an artist wears. Especially since many are a lot more laid back and casual in their dress. Also, they probably will not judge an artist based on how she or he dressed while during an interview since many will require tapes of various shows you have done or they have seen you in shows before even approaching you for a booking. Based on what I've seen, many old school artists stay pretty true to the glitz and glamour when on stage but many will dress down off stage. I don't see it as that big of an issue to be honest, but that's just my take.
    Last edited by ms_m; 03-28-2012 at 10:28 PM. Reason: let's try spell checking

Something else just crossed my mind. Is it possible there is a bit of a double standard going on? I started thinking back on interviews I've seen with male artists who were extremely casual in dress and I don't remember any big deal being made over it.

Sometimes, and this is from a woman's perspective, a certain way of dress is simply comfortable for you because it's what you have become accustomed to. If heels and full make up is what you have always known, you feel naked with anything less. Flip the script and like many others have noted, sometimes you reach a certain age and don't worry about what others think and focus on what you think and feel....but hitting that stage is a job, your livelihood... and like many people in any job, they dress for what is appropriate and even expected for that job.

Now taking this to another level...in this day and age, image means different looks for different people and I can think of several young artists whose image [[style of dress) truly perplexes me [[to put it nicely) but they still get gigs.

If Dionne Warwick starts showing up in sweats and tennis shoes at gigs then maybe we should become concerned although...if she gets and keeps people in the seats consistently from venue to venue dressed in sweats and tennis shoes....trust me, promoters will not blink an eye...may not like it because they think she should be dressed a certain way but if she's making them money, they will get over it.

Ok, I'm over my 2 cents worth...LOL
    Last edited by ms_m; 03-28-2012 at 11:03 PM.

From the women performers I know in show business, all of whom are from the '60s just like Dionne, image is still very
    important. There was a performer who couldn't get a booking agent to work with her at one time because she had
    taken on a sloppy appearance for awhile--and that was an off stage appearance.

Also, I'd like to add, being interviewed on television IS an appearance so the way you look does matter. And that's
    of course my opinion too.