[REMOVE ADS]

Aretha's satisfaction, the uk single

I just learned that the UK pressing of Chain of Fools and Satisfaction, the latter cut specically, featured background vocals by he Sweet Inspirations, which would make it different than the US versions. Can anyone in the UK confirm? I've found a copy of the UK ingle and might purchase it because of this difference.

Was Aretha a big seller in UK?

Well Kamasu, I did have the U.K 45 for a while but its long gone and I can't remember whether it had extra background vocals or not .. not much use am I ..

In answer to Luke's question she was always a bit hit and miss here, due to the fact that a lot of her records never got on the all important BBC Radio One playlist in 1968/9 and the early '70s.

In that "Classic Aretha" period she did have a number of UK chart entries though, including two top-tenners ..

The full list of her UK Atlantic hits is as follows ..

#10 : "Respect"
    #39 : "Baby I Love You"
    #37 : "Satisfaction"
    #47 : "Since You've Been Gone"
    #26 : "Think"
    # 4 : "I Say A Little Prayer"
    #13 : "Don't Play That Song"
    #14 : "Spanish Harlem"
    #37 : "Angel"
    #26 : "Until You Come Back To Me"

Roger