[REMOVE ADS]

Oprah's Bobbi K Interview - Seems Pretty Mundane

Whitney Houston's daughter: 'I can always feel her'By the CNN Wire Staff
    updated 11:14 PM EDT, Sun March 11, 2012
    Bobbi Kristina Brown arrives at a private viewing for her mother, Whitney Houston, on February 17 in Newark, New Jersey.STORY HIGHLIGHTS
    NEW: Houston's sister-in-law says the late singer was "chasing a dream"
    NEW: She and Bobbi Kristina Brown, Houston's only child, speak to Oprah Winfrey
    Brown says she can still hear her mother's voice and and feel her spirit sometimes
    Houston, 48, died in her Beverly Hills hotel room last month
    [[CNN) -- Whitney Houston's only child opened up Sunday about her late mother in her first interview since the singer's death last month.

Bobbi Kristina Brown, 19, told Oprah Winfrey she can still hear her mother's voice sometimes and feel her spirit, urging her to "keep moving."

"She's always with me. I can always feel her," Brown said during the interview that aired on Winfrey's network, OWN.

In the same show, Winfrey also spoke to Houston's sister-in-law and friend, Patricia Houston, and her brother, Gary Houston.

Houston, 48, died February 11 in her room at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, California, the day before the music industry gathered for the annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles.

The famed singer won six Grammys and sold 170 million albums, singles and videos during her career. But in recent years, her accomplishments were overshadowed by her struggles with drug addiction.

When asked whether she feared drugs would one day take her friend, Patricia Houston told Winfrey she "would be kidding" to say otherwise. "The handwriting was kind of on the wall."

Recently, she said, she observed Houston "chasing a dream, looking for love in all the wrong places."

Houston was married to singer Bobby Brown from 1992 until 2007. Bobbi Kristina was born in 1993.

"I'm her daughter. I gotta keep moving. I gotta carry on her legacy ... I still have a voice," Brown told Winfrey.

Houston's daughter was interviewed briefly by Beverly Hills police the day her mother died, but she was too distraught to offer helpful information, sources have said.

Whitney Houston toxicology reports pending

She was taken twice to a Los Angeles hospital briefly after her mother's death, a source close to the family said last month.

The grief comes in waves still, Brown said, and sometimes it doesn't seem real that her mother is gone.

"I'm getting through it. I'm doing as good as I possibly can," she said. "Just trying to keep going."

Oprah's interview with Bobbi Kristina "seems pretty mundane"? Are those your words? The young lady's mother passed away, so I'm not sure what you were expecting. I thought it was emotional and heartfelt. She paid tribute to her mom and showed the world the love they shared. I wouldn't expect anything more than that.

I thought it was a good interview. At least we heard the truth about how Whitney was found. I think that Whitneys sister-in-law handled herself very well. I wonder if they asked Oprah OR if she asked for the interview. Considering all that has happened and its only been a month they were sad but all concerned handled themselves well regarding the drug topics, and Bobby Brown. It was made clear that they wanted him at the funeral and dispelled a lot of rumours. I thought the interview may be for damage control but it wasnt.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    I thought it was a good interview. At least we heard the truth about how Whitney was found. I think that Whitneys sister-in-law handled herself very well. I wonder if they asked Oprah OR if she asked for the interview. Considering all that has happened and its only been a month they were sad but all concerned handled themselves well regarding the drug topics, and Bobby Brown. It was made clear that they wanted him at the funeral and dispelled a lot of rumours. I thought the interview may be for damage control but it wasnt.
    The only thing I found odd was Oprah and Bobbi Kristina standing up. Oprah is a big gal and the camera is kinder to her when she sits.

That said, Oprah Winfrey has the most beautiful feet on any woman I have ever seen. Miss Winfrey's feet look soft and have a very sensual shape.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    The only thing I found odd was Oprah and Bobbi Kristina standing up. Oprah is a big gal and the camera is kinder to her when she sits.

That said, Oprah Winfrey has the most beautiful feet on any woman I have ever seen. Miss Winfrey's feet look soft and have a very sensual shape.

Roberta
    She must be using some of Penny's Avon products!

I teared up with her brother, Gary, broke down while singing I Look to You.

Sounds like it was a pretty good interview; I wished I'd seen it. Thanks for the synopsis Stephanie. I would bet that Oprah was chasing after this interview.

I wonder how it rated.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Sounds like it was a pretty good interview; I wished I'd seen it. Thanks for the synopsis Stephanie. I would bet that Oprah was chasing after this interview.

I wonder how it rated.
    I don't have a link handy, but I read at another site it pulled in 3.5 million viewers, which is good for OWN.

I thought it was a good interview as well. I agree with Roberta in that I wondered why she and Bobbi Kristina were standing up. It would seem to me that they would be more comfortable having that conversation sitting down, and it was such a heavy topic!