[REMOVE ADS]

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Unhappy

Even though two of the Andrews Sisters are deceased, there is a better chance to see an Andrews Sisters reunion before we see a Supremes reunion.

Technically speaking, the hopes of a Supremes reunion were buried with Blondie Ballard.

Mary
    I believe it was an agreement among the girls.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    So this agreement; was it just a "Supremes" thing, or a whole "Motown 25" thing.

CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN WHY MARTHA REEVES WORE GOLD AND NO ONE IS NAILING HER TO THE CROSS?

I hope I made myself clear. Because the facts don't add up. You have Martha Reeves in gold, Marvin Gaye in red, High Inergy and DeBarge in a rainbow of colors, and I'm pretty certain several of the Jackson's were not in BLACK, WHITE or SILVER.

I call BULLSHIT on this color scheme.

supremester Guest
    Because, when push comes to shove [[pun intended) she still is, to the general public worldwide, the single most important Motown artist and always will be. Her catalog sells, her concerts sell and the media is still very interested in the woman behind the voice behind the biggest percentage of Motown's top 100 hits. That's according to Billboard. If you take it international, her percentage doubles. Miss Ropss IS The Boss!

QUOTE=jobeterob;99220]I think the hatchet was buried years ago; this is why Mary congratulated Diana online recently on the Grammy and why she published her online letter asking the fans to leave her and Diana out of the petty talk.

But the fans cant let go ~ they'd love a Beach Boys style reunion. And yes, it probably is a NO, which is why it's wanted even more.

Stevie and Smokey do show up everywhere, at every funeral and they comment all the time. And yes, Diana, Stevie and Smokey do put out the odd new release ~ but they'll always be remembered for their heydays. And yes, Stevie today might sell the best of the three ~ but none of them are Taylor Swift, Lil Wayne or Adele.

But why is it that there is STILL so much attention paid to Diana? Why are there thousands of pictures of the Grammy? Why is she the one they all still talk about?[/QUOTE]

supremester Guest
    Because Martha and the others are not now, norwere they then, members of Diana Ross & The Supremes. Cindy and Suzanne DePass have commented on this publicly.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    Mary
    I believe it was an agreement among the girls.

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    Because, when push comes to shove [[pun intended) she still is, to the general public worldwide, the single most important Motown artist and always will be. Her catalog sells, her concerts sell and the media is still very interested in the woman behind the voice behind the biggest percentage of Motown's top 100 hits. That's according to Billboard. If you take it international, her percentage doubles. Miss Ropss IS The Boss!
    [/QUOTE]
    So full of shit. Every human walking the planet knows that MICHAEL JACKSON is the single most important artist to come out of motown.

Both of you are full of sh1t, cause we all know that Shantel Baker is the single most important Motown "artist".

So full of shit. Every human walking the planet knows that MICHAEL JACKSON is the single most important artist to come out of motown.[/QUOTE]

And who did Michael Jackson loved, admired and worshipped to the point of him naming her in his final WILL????? Ms Diana Ross of course.
    I rest my case.

most of the 80's/90's Thriller MJ fans hardly even associate him with Motown; it's his Epic era stuff that filled the charts upon his death,certainly not his Motown output;
    ROSS is the face of MOTOWN, always will be

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    Both of you are full of sh1t, cause we all know that Shantel Baker is the single most important Motown "artist".
    Here! Here! I'm SO thankful someone finally stood up and spoke THE TRUTH! Thank you.....skooldem!

supremester Guest
    Such language, Jill. Do you have anger issues that cause such strong outbursts at differing opinions in a discussion forum? I disagree with you. Michael is the BIGGEST Motown artist, but, as far as importance goes, I still say Diana Ross. It is Miss Ross who got The Supremes their audition, and Ross is why Gordy signed them. It's his faith in her talent and abilities that led him to book them at The Copa and her fronting every groundbreaking success of The Supremes that blazed the trail for other Motown artists to follow. Additionally, the income generated from Diana Ross & The Supremes funded Motown's rapid expansion. Anyone at the company back in the day will tell you that. Of course, Mary, Flo, The andantes, writers, producers, promo, A&R, and Artist Development all helped tremendously, but, ultimately, it was Diana Ross' visage on Mike Douglas, LLoyd Thaxton and other daytime shows - not to mention all the primetime shows that broke the barrier of black pop groups. Not to take anything away from MJ, but I stand behind my statement.
    So full of shit. Every human walking the planet knows that MICHAEL JACKSON is the single most important artist to come out of motown.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    Such language, Jill. Do you have anger issues that cause such strong outbursts at differing opinions in a discussion forum? I disagree with you. Michael is the BIGGEST Motown artist, but, as far as importance goes, I still say Diana Ross. It is Miss Ross who got The Supremes their audition, and Ross is why Gordy signed them. It's his faith in her talent and abilities that led him to book them at The Copa and her fronting every groundbreaking success of The Supremes that blazed the trail for other Motown artists to follow. Additionally, the income generated from Diana Ross & The Supremes funded Motown's rapid expansion. Anyone at the company back in the day will tell you that. Of course, Mary, Flo, The andantes, writers, producers, promo, A&R, and Artist Development all helped tremendously, but, ultimately, it was Diana Ross' visage on Mike Douglas, LLoyd Thaxton and other daytime shows - not to mention all the primetime shows that broke the barrier of black pop groups. Not to take anything away from MJ, but I stand behind my statement.
    So full of shit. Every human walking the planet knows that MICHAEL JACKSON is the single most important artist to come out of motown.
    [/QUOTE]

Broke the barrier of black pop groups? And the Shirelles didn't have any hits?

Redhot needs to come over here to this thread and spread some positive energy.

There will be no reunion. That train did, in fact, leave the station.

Penny
    AVON Rep.

Penny is right. I have to admit I'm amazed that some of you seem to dwell on a subject that is, in my opinion, a big waste of time. The Supremes were "Then" and this is "now". I think attempts ought to be made to accept that fact and move on.

And who really cares who the biggest Motown act was? All of the stable contributed to the magic that once was Motown.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    and who really cares who the biggest motown act was? All of the stable contributed to the magic that once was motown.
    yyyeeesss!!!

This is one of those threads that should be filed under "Garbage Threads" or deleted ~ it is very few people talking about nothing and failing to remember Marybrewster's wolds that when you call Mary Wilson a slut and an addict and Diana Ross a bitch and a drunk, you are addressing your Mother and your sister and so many other women that have had life issues; and it just might be that both Miss Ross and Miss Wilson survived and thrived in their own way and should be congratulated for not becoming Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    This is one of those threads that should be filed under "Garbage Threads" or deleted ~ it is very few people talking about nothing and failing to remember Marybrewster's wolds that when you call Mary Wilson a slut and an addict and Diana Ross a bitch and a drunk, you are addressing your Mother and your sister and so many other women that have had life issues; and it just might be that both Miss Ross and Miss Wilson survived and thrived in their own way and should be congratulated for not becoming Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston.
    I take issue with that. I loved Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston. They made some incredible music that I have enjoyed. They were not perfect people, but they did what they were sent here to do. I could never look down on either one of them!

Who really does care who the biggest Motown Act was? To me, ALL the people [[not just the performers) were incredibly special people to create what they did right there in DETROIT MICHIGAN! They were one of the best examples of a "team effort" that I have ever seen and that includes the World of sports!

LadySingsBlues Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I take issue with that. I loved Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston. They made some incredible music that I have enjoyed. They were not perfect people, but they did what they were sent here to do. I could never look down on either one of them!

Who really does care who the biggest Motown Act was? To me, ALL the people [[not just the performers) were incredibly special people to create what they did right there in DETROIT MICHIGAN! They were one of the best examples of a "team effort" that I have ever seen and that includes the World of sports!

Same for Diana. Too bad you don't have enough decency & respect to give her the same courtesy. Instead, you'd rather foolishly gage an internet campaign on behalf of another woman who has already said publicly that she wants no parts of it. SMH.

Lady,
    You're about to step over a line that I don't like. Rein in the negativity please.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by LadySingsBlues View Post
    Same for Diana. Too bad you don't have enough decency & respect to give her the same courtesy. Instead, you'd rather foolishly gage an Internet campaign on behalf of another woman who has already said publicly that she wants no parts of it. SMH.
    Lady,
    You're about to step over a line that I don't like. Rein in the negativity please.
    Perhaps we are reading different posts Ralph. My interpretation of LadySingsBlues post is that she is agreeing with Marv in that all the Motown performers were increditbly special people that made special music and were not perfect people. Diana was part of that group. All LadySingsBlues asked was for Marv to give the same condsideration and understanding to Diana as he asked everyone else on the board to have for Michael and Whitney. That’s not negative

LadySingsBlues Guest
    Lady,
    So funny that it takes THAT to go out of line but Marv2 can freely exercise his freedom of speech to no reprimanding. Interesting, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by LadySingsBlues View Post
    So funny that it takes THAT to go out of line but Marv2 can freely exercise his freedom of speech to no reprimanding. Interesting, indeed.

Goodbye Lady.

atcsm Guest
    Total over reaction.

atcsm Guest
    Why are you so protective of him? I guess it's true what they say about your relationship with him - go for it.

Over reaction, huh? I've put up with the Marv haters for years now. Care to show me proof that I play favorites or are you like those idiots that like to stir up trouble? Marv CONTRIBUTES to this forum. I suggest you try and do all he does also.

atcsm Guest
    Ok, I'll pick a Motown star and bash her to no end with insults, then I will threaten to beat up posters.

Well that is a bright reply...................You haven't been around here long enough to know what is happening regarding Marv. Or are you one of THEM?

atcsm, Show me, on this thread, where you feel Marv was out of line. Then shut your pie hole.

atcsm Guest
    "pie hole" - such a classy moderator. Maybe not on this thread, but there are plenty of examples on other threads.

And you just LOVE bringing that up. Good bye to you also.

Lead by example Ralph. As the good book of Peter says:

"Not domineering over those in your charge, but being examples to the flock."

And the book of Timothy wisely states:

"Let the elders who rule well be considered worthy of double honor, especially those who labor in preaching and teaching."

Tell you what, Roberta. You try and moderate the many trouble makers that seem to drift in here bent on disrupting the forum. THEN you can spout off Biblical wisdom. The way that I look at it, I AM being in charge of my flock and protecting them from scum balls. Simple.

Tell you what, Roberta. You try and moderate the many trouble makers that seem to drift in here bent on disrupting the forum. THEN you can spout off Biblical wisdom. The way that I look at it, I AM being in charge of my flock and protecting them from scum balls. Simple.
    The Lord is my moderator Ralph and he leads me through life. My dear Ralph, calling your flock names is not leading by example.

One of my favorite scriptures is from the book of Proverbs: "Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it."

Fondly,

Roberta

I guess you're not reading what some meatheads write here, Roberta. I'm not calling anyone that is in my flock responsibly anything. You've been around here long enough to figure that one out, I would hope.

Amen Ralph!

Thank you, Luke. Always a voice of reason.

I guess you're not reading what some meatheads write here, Roberta. I'm not calling anyone that is in my flock responsibly anything. You've been around here long enough to figure that one out, I would hope.
    Ralph, calling people meatheads and telling members to shut their pie hole isn't showing leadership. I understand you are speaking out of anger and frustration, but calm yourself Ralph. A rational man is a wise man.

The good book of Proverbs rightly states:

"Better a patient man than a warrior, a man who controls his temper than one who takes a city.”

The book of Ecclesiastes says:

“Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the lap of fools.”

Food for thought my dear man.

Fondly,

Roberta

Roberta,
    I only refer the title "Meathead" to meatheads. When they quit disrespecting the forum, I will treat them with civility. Until then, if the shoe fits..............

Roberta,
    Since we are waxing Biblical, how about..."Don't cast your pearls before swine"?

Roberta,
    Since we are waxing Biblical, how about..."Don't cast your pearls before swine"?
    Wise words Ralph, from the good book of Mathew.

Keep your eyes and ears close to all threads Ralph and what is written in the book of Isaiah will surely ring true:

"On that day the deaf will hear words of a book, And out of their gloom and darkness the eyes of the blind will see."

You know your Bible well, Roberta. I just gave you my best shot.I once was a church organist, but probably should have paid closer attention to the Bible study side of the service.

You know your Bible well, Roberta. I just gave you my best shot.I once was a church organist, but probably should have paid closer attention to the Bible study side of the service.
    The Bible is the most inspirational book ever written and reading it keeps me in constant contact with my God and my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. I read it every day Ralph and the words and messages I get guide me through life.

Fondly,

Roberta

Yes it does, Roberta.

One of the psalms says to bash the brains in of the enemies' babies.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    One of the psalms says to bash the brains in of the enemies' babies.
    Well I hope you never attempt to do that.

The old Testament says we shouldn’t eat pork, meat, shrimp, crab and lobster, but most of us do.

The book of Leviticus states:
    “And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you: They shall be even an abomination unto you;
    ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcasses in abomination.”

“And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be cloven-footed, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you. Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcass shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you.

Now, I can’t in all good conscience follow either of those doctrines, but most of the Bible gives me strength, courage and and inner peace.”

As a Christian, the point of the Bible is my guide for life but I do understand that it was written thousands of years ago and many things that were written back then are rather silly in our current world.

I am a devout Christian woman who is both pro-choice and pro-Gay. My church preaches tolerance, love and acceptance and yes, we do have a lively bible study group that I attend but there are some things in the bible we know are out of date.

Roberta

smark21 Guest
    Is there an applicable Bible verse regarding a Supremes reunion?

Evan if I were religious, I would prefer to discuss my religion somewhere other than on a board dedicated to music.
    Here is a link to a a message board to discuss the bible. And I understand that the moderator does not call members offensive names.
    http://bibleforums.org/forum.php

Now , back to the music, before we all get deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Is there an applicable Bible verse regarding a Supremes reunion?
    LOL. I'm sure there are many smark21.

Roberta