[REMOVE ADS]

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    atcsm Guest
    Because insulting a former Supreme is classless, right?

honest man Guest
    atcsm Obviously the poster has no class, and clueless as we all know, cheers.

Yes, I understand what it is you are saying but that is why the "FANS" were wanting a Diana Ross and The Supremes Reunion ````but that wont happen as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    Some years ago, to an interviewer asking if there would ever be a Beatles' reunion, George Harrison replied, "I'm afraid there cannot be a Beatles' reunion so long as John Lennon remains dead." That can apply to The Supremes as well. Even if Diane and Mary were able to bury the hatchet and work together, and to engage Cindy, the fact remains that Florence Ballard is dead. The Supremes no longer exist and have not since 1967.

Diana was more than happy to share the spotlight at RTL, but Mary wouldn't join until it was too late. Also, Diana wanted all of The Supremes after her to share the stage as well. Mary was the one to say no to it - claiming it was just the money. Really, it was also that she didn't want the others there, just like she kept Cindy, Scherrie, Lynda and Susaye from various awards.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngroove View Post
    Agreed, based on past hostilities, notably between Diane and Mary, based on Diane’s inability to accept someone else having some spotlight, other than herself...
    [[Sorry people, if this may come off as a snide remark against Diane, may she remain eternally fabulous on her own right, whether with them or solo, but I'm still pretty jaded since been reading the "truth" in Mary Wilson's book).

YOU stop lying! Mary Wilson is NOT Your friend! She didn't even know who you were and requested a photo. i saw the email. YOU are the one smearing an innocent person [[smearing Mary by acting like she'd be friends with you when she pointedly has said on more than one occasion, "Who's Marv?") It's you she directed the admonishment "leave Diane and myself out of your PETTY squabbles" She doesn't need or want your defense and is horrified at your offense "on her behalf." You can obsess about various Supremes all you want but don't be going around acting like you are Mary are friends - you are NOT.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    What is to me dude? She is my friend and one our music icons. She was never a crack head. You should stop with the lying. What is it to me to see you trying to smear an innocent person? Everything!

What is your investment in these women any way? You would not know shit about any of it if Mary had not wrote about it and told it herself! What's there to elaborate? It evidently never became a big problem for her unlike with Diana Ross who has had several well publicized stints in rehab over the years! Oh don't even try to use that weak-kneed "don't waste your time replying" because I just did and you will never get away with smear tactics when I am around. You know nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    Diana was more than happy to share the spotlight at RTL, but Mary wouldn't join until it was too late. Also, Diana wanted all of The Supremes after her to share the stage as well. Mary was the one to say no to it - claiming it was just the money. Really, it was also that she didn't want the others there, just like she kept Cindy, Scherrie, Lynda and Susaye from various awards.
    That's why they were sitting in the audience on Oprah, while Diane was sitting on stage? Also, from the clips we've seen of their concert tour, you had Diana Ross singing and the other ladies all the way on the other side of the arena singing. It was rare to see a camera shot of all three in the same frame. They had to use the split-screen technique to show them all.

Miss Ross didn't deviate from the plan - Mary did by wearing Red instead of the agreed upon black, white or silver - then started singing lead out of nowhere and later claimed she thought Diana had forgotten the words. Mary was mad because they cut her solo so she took Diana's. The red dress was planned before she knew she was not getting the solo.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    Jeez...29 years after the 1983 event it's still being chewed on? I have never posted my take on this but I will do so now, and only one time.

The only people who saw the ridiculous incident were those in attendance. I was not there so this is all purely conjecture on my part.

From all accounts, Diane was quite ill with the flu or some such and was disoriented from it to a degree, in addition to having a history of taking unrehearsed star turns even when she was healthy. Mary admits she and Cindy had formulated a "contingency plan" to deviate from what had been rehearsed in case Diane herself deviated from what had been rehearsed. Diane apparently did deviate so Mary also deviated and then everything went all to hell. Two wrongs have never made a right after all.

To make matters worse, many in attendance had been waiting and, dare I say, hoping that some kind of discord would transpire and when it did they ate it up and then fed the leftovers to the media, after seasoning them up no doubt. Mary then took the ball and ran with it in Dreamgirl, reportedly at the direction of the publisher, who was looking for dirt and would not have sent the book to press without it. Had she in fact wanted to take the high road and at least balance the good girl/bad girl equation and address her own shortcomings rather than depicting herself solely as a victim, Mary would probably have lost the book deal at a time when she was having personal and financial difficulties.

There's definitely no heroine in this, but, sadly, there are two victims who no doubt both regret their behavior and would go back and do it all differently if they could. Neither wishes to revisit it [[who would?) and both have made that abundantly clear. It's us, the fans who claim to love these ladies, who have kept the pot boiling for nearly thirty years and no doubt will keep it boiling for the next thirty.

Even though it might finally quiet this tempest in a teapot, there will never be a Supremes reunion — at least not in a public performance. It's too bad the only people who seem to have moved on are the two actual participants.

YOU stop lying! Mary Wilson is NOT Your friend! She didn't even know who you were and requested a photo. i saw the email. YOU are the one smearing an innocent person [[smearing Mary by acting like she'd be friends with you when she pointedly has said on more than one occasion, "Who's Marv?") It's you she directed the admonishment "leave Diane and myself out of your PETTY squabbles" She doesn't need or want your defense and is horrified at your offense "on her behalf." You can obsess about various Supremes all you want but don't be going around acting like you are Mary are friends - you are NOT.
    LOL. You must be addressing marv2. In his mind Mary is his friend. People do hear voices you know. LOL

Best to you and thanks for the laugh on this quiet Saturday night.

Roberta

atcsm Guest
    "not wrote about" Correct grammer is "not written about". Why do you give Whitney a pass but not
    Diana? Diana was able to overcome her demons, but unfortunately for us all Whitney was not. Where is the difference? Serious question - man to man.

What is to me dude? She is my friend and one our music icons. She was never a crack head. You should stop with the lying. What is it to me to see you trying to smear an innocent person? Everything!

What is your investment in these women any way? You would not know shit about any of it if Mary had not wrote about it and told it herself! What's there to elaborate? It evidently never became a big problem for her unlike with Diana Ross who has had several well publicized stints in rehab over the years! Oh don't even try to use that weak-kneed "don't waste your time replying" because I just did and you will never get away with smear tactics when I am around. You know nothing!

Miss Ross didn't deviate from the plan - Mary did by wearing Red instead of the agreed upon black, white or silver - then started singing lead out of nowhere and later claimed she thought Diana had forgotten the words. Mary was mad because they cut her solo so she took Diana's. The red dress was planned before she knew she was not getting the solo.
    That is a bunch of lies so don't believe any of it! Mary Wilson did wear a black dress for the taping. They even printed publicity pictures from the taping in the Detroit Free Press showing Mary wearing a black dress and head-dress surrounded by the Four Tops [[all smiling). Diane was so foul, she didn't even speak to Miss Johnnie Mae that day when they met up to rehearse.

For the finale, she, Marvin Gaye, Martha Reeves etc changed clothing. Diana Ross did forget the words to "Someday We'll Be Together" mostly because she had been drinking and not because of some flu! Mary started singing the lead after Diana Ross had completely stopped! It was not because she was mad about her speech being cut earlier [[that was impossible to know that her speech was going to be edited out , because they were still taping that night!). After the shove and then later the pushing of the microphone away from Mary's mouth, Diane ran to the back of the stage for fear of getting her ass kicked right there in front of the audience.

Berry Gordy later chewed her ass out before the after party held across the street at the mall! Now that is what happened. People can add or subtract all they want,but it will not change the facts, the truth!

atcsm Guest
    You're dreamworld is a fascinating read - you Jackie Collins you.

That is a bunch of lies so don't believe any of it! Mary Wilson did wear a black dress for the taping. They even printed publicity pictures from the taping in the Detroit Free Press showing Mary wearing a black dress and head-dress surrounded by the Four Tops [[all smiling). Diane was so foul, she didn't even speak to Miss Johnnie Mae that day when they met up to rehearse.

For the finale, she, Marvin Gaye, Martha Reeves etc changed clothing. Diana Ross did forget the words to "Someday We'll Be Together" mostly because she had been drinking and not because of some flu! Mary started singing the lead after Diana Ross had completely stopped! It was not because she was mad about her speech being cut earlier [[that was impossible to know that her speech was going to be edited out , because they were still taping that night!). After the shove and then later the pushing of the microphone away from Mary's mouth, Diane ran to the back of the stage for fear of getting her ass kicked right there in front of the audience.

Berry Gordy later chewed her ass out before the after party held across the street at the mall! Now that is what happened. People can add or subtract all they want,but it will not change the facts, the truth!

What has that got to do with Mary banning them from various award presentations?

Both Lynda and Scherrie have stated numerous times that decision was Oprah's - NOT Diana's. She requested they be brought up but Oprah said the cameras and lighting were already set. Ask them.

It was a huge stage and all three were spaced apart for much of it - they were just trying to spread out. And they took turns being in the middle and on each end. It is not as if Diana was not sharing the stage - they were there and had solos. I hate to be bursting your bubbles, or are you happy to learn Diana is not as bad as you thought?
    That's why they were sitting in the audience on Oprah, while Diane was sitting on stage? Also, from the clips we've seen of their concert tour, you had Diana Ross singing and the other ladies all the way on the other side of the arena singing. It was rare to see a camera shot of all three in the same frame. They had to use the split-screen technique to show them all.

Quote Originally Posted by atcsm View Post
    Sorry, but Marv's account is completely true, and corroborated by words directly from Berry Gordy's mouth.

A lie don't care who tell it! ooooooooooooooooooooo..........More lies! With what Mary does with The 4 Tops, no wonder she had to change her dress! hehehehehe.......... she may have changed into a black dress, but she wore red on stage and you and the other millions who saw it know it - so stop your lying or take your no-friend-of-Mary's ass to Youtube and refresh your memory! lolol

Now you're lying about Diana not having the flu. You don't know her or her flu bug [[or WERE you also buds with the flu bug back then?) You just make stuff up.

As for Mary's solo - she KNEW it got cut cuz she never sang it. No one's talking about no speech but you.

And lastly, Berry did not chew her ass before the party......he just told her the same thing he said to several others at the party "what is wrong with Mary? What is she high on? Suzanne is furious at her - I'd keep my distance until she gets treatment!"

why do you have to make up so much stuff? The truth will set you free!

Dude. If that is what Mary told you, then run with it! That way you can leave me alone to be free to enjoy my rights of Freedom of Speech as an American citizen. Free from the "threat" of you and your buddies "telling Mary on me" who she has told you she doesn't even know! So what's it going to be?

Quote Originally Posted by atcsm View Post
    We are still waiting for you to contribute something, anything of value to this forum other than your weak-kneed bitchy responses to the posts of others. Can't you find anything of worth to contribute?

Sorry, but Youtube doesn't lie. And Mary was the one who was drunk. She admitted to drinking lots of champagne in the dressing room and Cindy said Mary was acting crazy,

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    Sorry, but Marv's account is completely true, and corroborated by words directly from Berry Gordy's mouth.

What has that got to do with Mary banning them from various award presentations?

Both Lynda and Scherrie have stated numerous times that decision was Oprah's - NOT Diana's. She requested they be brought up but Oprah said the cameras and lighting were already set. Ask them.

It was a huge stage and all three were spaced apart for much of it - they were just trying to spread out. And they took turns being in the middle and on each end. It is not as if Diana was not sharing the stage - they were there and had solos. I hate to be bursting your bubbles, or are you happy to learn Diana is not as bad as you thought?
    This Supremes shit has really got you crazy huh? It's not so much about what I, one individual thinks. It's more important to know what the public thinks and that is she is a self-centered, egotisical, selfish bitch. That's what her reputation is and it began before she ever left the Supremes. Now when she did leave the group, that is when it set in like cement that she does not like sharing the spotlight. The whole RTL situation was just a reminder to the public that she has not changed! You can spin it the way you want to, but the proof is in the fact that her career nose-dived well over 25 years ago in this county and has yet to rebound.

She did not ban anyone.

A lie don't care who tell it! ooooooooooooooooooooo..........More lies! With what Mary does with The 4 Tops, no wonder she had to change her dress! hehehehehe.......... she may have changed into a black dress, but she wore red on stage and you and the other millions who saw it know it - so stop your lying or take your no-friend-of-Mary's ass to Youtube and refresh your memory! lolol

Now you're lying about Diana not having the flu. You don't know her or her flu bug [[or WERE you also buds with the flu bug back then?) You just make stuff up.

As for Mary's solo - she KNEW it got cut cuz she never sang it. No one's talking about no speech but you.

And lastly, Berry did not chew her ass before the party......he just told her the same thing he said to several others at the party "what is wrong with Mary? What is she high on? Suzanne is furious at her - I'd keep my distance until she gets treatment!"

You see, this is why I usually don't like responding to you guys because I know you cannot handle the truth. You start in with the juvenille jokes and quips in an embarrassing attempt to appear witty or funny. You just appear to be full of sour grapes. You act mortally wounded whenever you learn some things that are not necessarily pretty about Miss Ross. Well there are a lot of unpleasant things that you don't know about in the World. If you keep up with the lies and bullshit, I have no choice to refute it with the truth and I am all about the truth kiddo!
    Last edited by marv2; 03-25-2012 at 01:08 AM.

Even celebrities of Mary's calibre have to worry about crazed, dellusional and obsessed fans. If Mary knew just how many HOURS you spend "defending your friend" and attacking The Supreme Supreme, she'd be worrying for her safety. If you love Mary as you claim, ease up on her all together - the lies and the attacks in her defense.
    As for your rights of free speech - there are exceptions to that "right" and you consistantly comment on other's including implied threats of violence and other forms of intimidation to get them to quit. What's good for the goose............ what's it going to be?

Dude. If that is what Mary told you, then run with it! That way you can leave me alone to be free to enjoy my rights of Freedom of Speech as an American citizen. Free from the "threat" of you and your buddies "telling Mary on me" who she has told you she doesn't even know! So what's it going to be?

I didn't say she didn't have the flu, I said that the flu is not what caused her to forget the words to the song and act like a general asshole throughout the evening. She was drinking. It is also becoming evident that either you cannot read properly or you read and understand English but chose to ignore what I just wrote. I said Mary wore a black dress and changed before the finale. Why are you pretending that I did not just write that?

AGAIN! I am referring to speech she gave while wearing a black dress at the taping! It was edited out later, so what you said about her being mad about it, made no sense. Not doing a solo on the program was discussed days before the taping, so your non-point is moot!

One of the members here, Cleoharvey was at the taping and I reposted his account of things he saw that night. I know others that were also there that night.
    Oh yes he did chew her out in the old fashion Detroit way and others heard it! So we can discuss this over and over and over, but there will be not much new to add to the facts. You will just have to deal with what WAS!
    Last edited by marv2; 03-25-2012 at 01:05 AM.

HA! Juvenile jokes? That's a pip coming from YOU. Here's the Youtube clip showing Mary wearing red and you wearing mud hehehehe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ2Cna4yeEM

THIS is exactly how accurate Marv is!

You see, this is why I usually don't like responding to you guys because I know you cannot handle truth. You start in with the juvenille jokes and quips in an embarrassing attempt to appear witty or funny. You just appear to be full of sour grapes. You act mortally wounded whenever you learn some things that are not necessarily pretty about Miss Ross. Well there are a lot of unpleasant things that you don't know about in the World. If you keep up with the lies and bullshit, I have no choice to refute it with the truth and I am all about the truth kiddo!

Even celebrities of Mary's calibre have to worry about crazed, dellusional and obsessed fans. If Mary knew just how many HOURS you spend "defending your friend" and attacking The Supreme Supreme, she'd be worrying for her safety. If you love Mary as you claim, ease up on her all together - the lies and the attacks in her defense.
    As for your rights of free speech - there are exceptions to that "right" and you consistantly comment on other's including implied threats of violence and other forms of intimidation to get them to quit. What's good for the goose............ what's it going to be?
    Nice try! But nothing you said means or will change anything with me. LOL!

supremester Guest
    Now Marvie-Poo, play nice with others - especially on The Supreme Being's birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    Now Marvie-Poo, play nice with others - especially on The Supreme Being's birthday.
    Greg, God is the Supreme Being. I would think you'd know that since it is Lent. Shouldn't you be somewhere focusing on your health? It would make sense to me......

Ouch !!! eventhough you put some folks on ignore their post still show up when others copy them in their comments. I guess there is no full proof 100% method of ignore. At any rate at the after party after Motown 25 everyone was focused on Michael Jackson and he was the center of attention. Does anyone even remember Diana being there ?

i'm sure that Michael knew she was there; he wouldn't even exist as the MJ he became without the influence of Diana Ross [[whom he so supremely wanted to be..or at very least, be like..)

I'll contribute my little bit of discomfiting news.........I was told by somebody who was there that MJ didn't like Mary much because of how she treated Diana.

That's as ugly as I wanna get.

Think we are needing either Mary Brewster's or Mary Wilson's posts here: leave Diane out of the petty talk; and when you call them bad names, you are talking about your Mom and your sister and your daughter. But we'll just carry on I'm sure...........

is this a music board!?

That is a true statement but again I ask, Was Diana even at the after party ?

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I'll contribute my little bit of discomfiting news.........I was told by somebody who was there that MJ didn't like Mary much because of how she treated Diana.

Think we are needing either Mary Brewster's or Mary Wilson's posts here: leave Diane out of the petty talk; and when you call them bad names, you are talking about your Mom and your sister and your daughter. But we'll just carry on I'm sure...........

and the bashing of the Supremes continues....why can't the Supremes be like other girl groups of days gone by like The Shirelles, The HOneycone, and others who don't have so much annimosity, the fans should won't let it alone. Let it go already, like someone said better to leave well enough alone and enjoy the music we got. when the rtl failed that should have closed the door to the supremes ever getting together again, even though we wished it could have been cindy, and Mary diana picked instead of scherrie and lynda. and through all this Flo's memory is left in the dust when Michelle Chapman said if it weren't for Flo there would be no Supremes,, Diana and Mary go your way and enjoy the rest of your lives with whatever success is out there for you both, Cindy god bless you fo being a supreme and putting up with all that came with it from from Mary, Diana & Jean. Scherrie I imagined was a blessing to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post

Not true as usual! Michael Jackson and the Jackson family adored Mary Wilson. Michael even as an adult still kept in touch with his childhood playmate, Mary's son for a good long time. So Jobeterob, I don't know where you got your ideas up there in Canada, but you are wrong. I starting to believe you like making things up just to keep fights going. Am I right?
    Last edited by marv2; 03-25-2012 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thisoldheart View Post
    is this a music board!?
    It is for the most part until you come into a Supremes or Diana Ross thread and then it becomes some sort of freakish soap opera.

Quote Originally Posted by franjoy56 View Post
    and the bashing of the Supremes continues....why can't the Supremes be like other girl groups of days gone by like The Shirelles, The HOneycone, and others who don't have so much annimosity, the fans should won't let it alone. Let it go already, like someone said better to leave well enough alone and enjoy the music we got. when the rtl failed that should have closed the door to the supremes ever getting together again, even though we wished it could have been cindy, and Mary diana picked instead of scherrie and lynda. and through all this Flo's memory is left in the dust when Michelle Chapman said if it weren't for Flo there would be no Supremes,, Diana and Mary go your way and enjoy the rest of your lives with whatever success is out there for you both, Cindy god bless you fo being a supreme and putting up with all that came with it from from Mary, Diana & Jean. Scherrie I imagined was a blessing to work with.
    Well Fran, there are just some strange people out there I've come to learn. Truthfully, I don't even listen to Supremes music much at all, except when Mary is in concert. I am not interested in any reunion. I do however feel obligated to speak up when I read things that I know are untrue or when people like MotownManiac slurs Mary by calling her a tramp. Other than that, the Supremes are a nice memory from years ago.

Marv's pretty much right on all accounts of that except Im pretty sure she didnt attend the after party,everybody else did but she skipped it flying out of town in a charted helicopter..now a serious question - there exists a photo of this night of marvin in his white suit and shades sharing a microphone with Diana whos wearing fur..when was this ? at the rehearsal ?ive always wanted to know..I doubt Diana was drunk but she was known to take a few nips of Brandy before performances and that night she was certainly entering the lions den that night
    Last edited by nomis; 03-25-2012 at 11:20 PM. Reason: mistake

yes Marv it is shameless how Mary is being bashed here after all if it weren't for her the Supremes would have ended in 1970, when Berry insisted on replacing Jean with Syretta Wright another Diana clone that the group did not need at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    Marv's pretty much right on all accounts of that except Im pretty sure she didnt attend the after party,everybody else did but she skipped it flying out of town in a charted helicopter..now a serious question - there exists a photo of this night of marvin in his white suit and shades sharing a microphone with Diana whos wearing fur..when was this ? at the rehearsal ?ive always wanted to know..I doubt Diana was drunk but she was known to take a few nips of Brandy before performances and that night she was certainly entering the lions den that night
    Thank you Nomis. Like I said she and Berry had their "discussion" before the after-party. That may have been why she got the heck up out of there! LOL! Anyway, Jet Magazine did a nice job with photos covering the after party. I am not sure about Marvin and her sharing a mic. It may have been during rehearsals because for the finale he was in a red suit.

supremester Guest
    God, to you, is The Supreme Being and you don't "know" that, you can only think or believe it. The vast majority of the world has nothing to do with Lent, I among them. My Catholic buds are all about it, though. To me, Miss Ross IS the Supreme Being and it is my right as an American citizen to believe so. As for my health, thank you for caring - this is so much nicer than when you posted that you wish I had died on the operating table - please know I have concerns for your health as well, dear.

Greg, God is the Supreme Being. I would think you'd know that since it is Lent. Shouldn't you be somewhere focusing on your health? It would make sense to me......

supremester Guest
    I recall hearing she was there for a short while and jetted back to her tour - but that was so long ago that I could be fuzzy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    Ouch !!! eventhough you put some folks on ignore their post still show up when others copy them in their comments. I guess there is no full proof 100% method of ignore. At any rate at the after party after Motown 25 everyone was focused on Michael Jackson and he was the center of attention. Does anyone even remember Diana being there ?

I thought they brought Lesley Gore in to the party and she sang in her best teen angst voice: "It's MY party and I'll cry if I want toooooooooooooo"............and then the pity party of the failed Supremes reunions and the endless cayiying for another one started in earnest!

I'm trying to stay away from this thread as much as possible, but I do have a few questions, if anyone can confirm:

It's been said that Diana only confirmed a day or two before the event. Were Mary and Cindy's participation contingent on Diana's appearance? Would they have appeared somehow without her? Is that where Mary's "speech" came in?

Because everyone is so obsessed with the "red dress"; when did Mary know [[or not know) about the color scheme? If Mary didn't know until last minute, was she just supposed to somehow find a dress a day or two before the event? How come there isn't any discussion about Martha Reeves gold outfit, or Marvin Gaye's red jacket?

I Believe it was more than a couple days before the event when Motown got confirmation that she would do it. Michael Jackson was one of the longest hold out for the event and it took Berry to get him to do it. As far as Mary's outfit that evening it has already been stated that she had on a black dress prior to that. It was obvious that the change was intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    I'm trying to stay away from this thread as much as possible, but I do have a few questions, if anyone can confirm:

It's been said that Diana only confirmed a day or two before the event. Were Mary and Cindy's participation contingent on Diana's appearance? Would they have appeared somehow without her? Is that where Mary's "speech" came in?

Because everyone is so obsessed with the "red dress"; when did Mary know [[or not know) about the color scheme? If Mary didn't know until last minute, was she just supposed to somehow find a dress a day or two before the event? How come there isn't any discussion about Martha Reeves gold outfit, or Marvin Gaye's red jacket?

Luckily, none of them came in rags anyways.

And they looked a lot classier dressed than for Motown 40.

I don't know anything about the dresses really but I've always thought when Mary came out she always looked quite upset ~ and I'm talking about her face. I have no idea what might have made her look that way ~ maybe she'd just been told their set had been cut down a lot. That would have upset me as well.

And who can blame her for pushing hard ~ she knew this might be the last attempt to achieve success and a hit.

Thanks captain. I am truly looking at getting to the bottom to this. Lord knows how much sleep I have lost at night.

So my next question is: is it unheard of for a performer to change outfits several times in one evening? I sort of compare this to an awards show. I can't keep straight how many times I see stars change in one evening. I think at the last big show [[Grammy's maybe?), I bet Adele changed at least 2 or 3 times. And typically, when the emcee of a show is female, I don't think it's unheard of for she to change multiple times. Recently I saw Carrie Underwood host something, and if she changed her dress once, I bet she changed it 10 times. This dates back to even when Diana hosted the AMA's. I swear I saw her in more than one outfit.

So basically, Mary wore one dress to give her speech, which I assume the audience saw in part, then changed her dress for the reunion with Diana and Cindy. Doesn't sound too out of the ordinary to me.

jobete-

You're right! Diana, Mary, Cindy all looked fabulous that night [[Motown 25). I'm not sure what the scoop was with Motown 40. I guess it's pretty difficult to find one "look" that compliments 3 ages, and 3 body types.

Back to Motown 25, you've got Diana in a very smart and super sparkly suit with fierce fox [[?) stoll. She shines like a big diamond on that stage! She sure had the audience on their feet! Even Claudette jumps up from the first row!

I've always enjoyed watching Cindy come out to a thunderous applause. The way she "swooshes" her arm is very Sullivan-esque. I keep looking for her gold lame' batwings, LOL.

Then you've got Mary, every inch the red hot mama! How wonderful for her to help Diana sing "Someday" while Diana announces her former singing partners. I don't know how Diana could have done it otherwise. It's too bad Diana didn't take the song back, after Mary gestures to her after the lyric "every, every night". Ever the professional, she just keeps the show moving along!

It's too bad it wasn't a longer "reunion", but I suppose with very little rehersal time, it went as well as it could.

smark21 Guest
    Given the assessments of Diana’s and Mary’s characters and morals on this thread, perhaps they should have their public reunion on either Dr. Phil or Judge Judy.

Smark that is the funniest thing I have read all day. Supremester I am glad your health is much better.

Oh no of course not - it is common for a performer to change outfits during the night. The question or statement was raised earlier that Mary possibly didn't have anything black or white to wear that evening. It obvious that she did have something black to wear and she did have it on earlier. The fact that she wore a different color shows one or two things [[1) She did it intentionally to deviate from the agreement or [[2) She is color blind.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Thanks captain. I am truly looking at getting to the bottom to this. Lord knows how much sleep I have lost at night.

So my next question is: is it unheard of for a performer to change outfits several times in one evening? I sort of compare this to an awards show. I can't keep straight how many times I see stars change in one evening. I think at the last big show [[Grammy's maybe?), I bet Adele changed at least 2 or 3 times. And typically, when the emcee of a show is female, I don't think it's unheard of for she to change multiple times. Recently I saw Carrie Underwood host something, and if she changed her dress once, I bet she changed it 10 times. This dates back to even when Diana hosted the AMA's. I swear I saw her in more than one outfit.

So basically, Mary wore one dress to give her speech, which I assume the audience saw in part, then changed her dress for the reunion with Diana and Cindy. Doesn't sound too out of the ordinary to me.

So this agreement; was it just a "Supremes" thing, or a whole "Motown 25" thing.

CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN WHY MARTHA REEVES WORE GOLD AND NO ONE IS NAILING HER TO THE CROSS?

I hope I made myself clear. Because the facts don't add up. You have Martha Reeves in gold, Marvin Gaye in red, High Inergy and DeBarge in a rainbow of colors, and I'm pretty certain several of the Jackson's were not in BLACK, WHITE or SILVER.

I call BULLSHIT on this color scheme.
    Last edited by marybrewster; 03-27-2012 at 09:08 AM.