[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm trying to stay away from this thread as much as possible, but I do have a few questions, if anyone can confirm:

It's been said that Diana only confirmed a day or two before the event. Were Mary and Cindy's participation contingent on Diana's appearance? Would they have appeared somehow without her? Is that where Mary's "speech" came in?

Because everyone is so obsessed with the "red dress"; when did Mary know [[or not know) about the color scheme? If Mary didn't know until last minute, was she just supposed to somehow find a dress a day or two before the event? How come there isn't any discussion about Martha Reeves gold outfit, or Marvin Gaye's red jacket?

I Believe it was more than a couple days before the event when Motown got confirmation that she would do it. Michael Jackson was one of the longest hold out for the event and it took Berry to get him to do it. As far as Mary's outfit that evening it has already been stated that she had on a black dress prior to that. It was obvious that the change was intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    I'm trying to stay away from this thread as much as possible, but I do have a few questions, if anyone can confirm:

It's been said that Diana only confirmed a day or two before the event. Were Mary and Cindy's participation contingent on Diana's appearance? Would they have appeared somehow without her? Is that where Mary's "speech" came in?

Because everyone is so obsessed with the "red dress"; when did Mary know [[or not know) about the color scheme? If Mary didn't know until last minute, was she just supposed to somehow find a dress a day or two before the event? How come there isn't any discussion about Martha Reeves gold outfit, or Marvin Gaye's red jacket?

Thanks captain. I am truly looking at getting to the bottom to this. Lord knows how much sleep I have lost at night.

So my next question is: is it unheard of for a performer to change outfits several times in one evening? I sort of compare this to an awards show. I can't keep straight how many times I see stars change in one evening. I think at the last big show [[Grammy's maybe?), I bet Adele changed at least 2 or 3 times. And typically, when the emcee of a show is female, I don't think it's unheard of for she to change multiple times. Recently I saw Carrie Underwood host something, and if she changed her dress once, I bet she changed it 10 times. This dates back to even when Diana hosted the AMA's. I swear I saw her in more than one outfit.

So basically, Mary wore one dress to give her speech, which I assume the audience saw in part, then changed her dress for the reunion with Diana and Cindy. Doesn't sound too out of the ordinary to me.

Oh no of course not - it is common for a performer to change outfits during the night. The question or statement was raised earlier that Mary possibly didn't have anything black or white to wear that evening. It obvious that she did have something black to wear and she did have it on earlier. The fact that she wore a different color shows one or two things [[1) She did it intentionally to deviate from the agreement or [[2) She is color blind.

Thanks captain. I am truly looking at getting to the bottom to this. Lord knows how much sleep I have lost at night.

So my next question is: is it unheard of for a performer to change outfits several times in one evening? I sort of compare this to an awards show. I can't keep straight how many times I see stars change in one evening. I think at the last big show [[Grammy's maybe?), I bet Adele changed at least 2 or 3 times. And typically, when the emcee of a show is female, I don't think it's unheard of for she to change multiple times. Recently I saw Carrie Underwood host something, and if she changed her dress once, I bet she changed it 10 times. This dates back to even when Diana hosted the AMA's. I swear I saw her in more than one outfit.

So basically, Mary wore one dress to give her speech, which I assume the audience saw in part, then changed her dress for the reunion with Diana and Cindy. Doesn't sound too out of the ordinary to me.

So this agreement; was it just a "Supremes" thing, or a whole "Motown 25" thing.

CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN WHY MARTHA REEVES WORE GOLD AND NO ONE IS NAILING HER TO THE CROSS?

I hope I made myself clear. Because the facts don't add up. You have Martha Reeves in gold, Marvin Gaye in red, High Inergy and DeBarge in a rainbow of colors, and I'm pretty certain several of the Jackson's were not in BLACK, WHITE or SILVER.

I call BULLSHIT on this color scheme.
    Last edited by marybrewster; 03-27-2012 at 09:08 AM.

Mary
    I believe it was an agreement among the girls.

So this agreement; was it just a "Supremes" thing, or a whole "Motown 25" thing.

CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN WHY MARTHA REEVES WORE GOLD AND NO ONE IS NAILING HER TO THE CROSS?

I hope I made myself clear. Because the facts don't add up. You have Martha Reeves in gold, Marvin Gaye in red, High Inergy and DeBarge in a rainbow of colors, and I'm pretty certain several of the Jackson's were not in BLACK, WHITE or SILVER.

I call BULLSHIT on this color scheme.

supremester Guest
    Because Martha and the others are not now, norwere they then, members of Diana Ross & The Supremes. Cindy and Suzanne DePass have commented on this publicly.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    Mary
    I believe it was an agreement among the girls.