[REMOVE ADS]

Detroit still in ruins, why?

I found these disturbing videos on YouTube, they're recent [[February 2012).

Brewster Housing Projects, Febr. 2012

insulationking has made lots more vids on the demise of Detroit on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=935djO02MtM

So very sad to see these kinda ruins. Most of the two layered low houses still don't seem too bad, why on earth was such a vast part of the city abandoned? Is it known if the Detroiters who lived here, have been able to collect their belongings before they [[had to?) abandoned their homes? Some of the houses seem full of very private property. I do not understand.

But the Ford [[or Dodge) commercial told me the city was on 100 percent rebound? I'm watching the Super Bowl in 2011 and this Ford commerical comes on saying the city is back, they showed a bunch of people running, going to work, etc., said all is well in Detroit. The 15 or so people in the party all said, "That's an awesome commercial!"

I didn't say anything, but wanted to say, "It's also a lie. Detroit is still struggling to recover."

I hope it does recover, but lying commercials just hide the fact that the city needs help. Car companies need to shut up until they can immediately provide Detroit residents thousdans of jobs.

Sorry I posted this thread also on the Motown forum, where already many comments have been posted.
    I'd suggest let's move this thread over there?