[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Yes, it was the Hurricane Katrina fundraiser. Thank you for refreshing my memory, bradsupremes. That was the function I was thinking of.

And as far as the relationship with Berry and Mary; how many of us are "good friends" with our boss from 10 years ago, let alone 40 years ago? I've been working for 20 years and have had 100's of co-workers and over the course of time, 20 - 30 supervisors or bosses. I can only think of a handful of co-workers and 1 former boss that I keep in regular contact with. I think their relationship is what it is: based on respect and mutual admiration. Mary isn't 16 anymore and Berry no longer has the ability to "pull one over" on her. Yet they have formed a bond that will last forever.

The same with Martha Reeves. Berry isn't that much older than her, yet she always refers to him as "Mr. Gordy". So no matter what has happened, no matter the outcome of the lawsuits or what was written in years past, these women love this man and the feeling I'd bet is more than mutual.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    There was also a Motown tv special that was talked about here by one of the producers or something. Things fell apart and it never happened. Last time I brought it up I got yelled at by someone here who I now ignore and who is crazy. Anyway, it was reported that DMC would be on that television show. Don't know the truth of it all though. We fans can always hope. It is show business and anything can happen.

Penny
    Avon Rep.
    Best not to mention that "Motown tv special" Penny. The person who was supposedly involved is also on my ignore list as well.

Happy New Year to you hon.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    Wasn't there mention of them crossing paths right after RTL? I have the worst memory but I think it was that fundraiser for Hillary Clinton where Diana performed. Someone please fill in the details if you remember. I think Diana was sitting at a table with the Whoopie Goldberg, Cher, and maybe the Clintons when Mary walked up to Diana and said we should talk or something like that. Now I would have LOVED to have been a fly on the wall that evening. LoL.
    You know, I remember hearing something about that happening too. I want to say it was not even a year after RTL that it happened. I thought I heard or read somewhere that they ran into each other at this party, talked for a bit and were very nice to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post

You know, I remember hearing something about that happening too. I want to say it was not even a year after RTL that it happened. I thought I heard or read somewhere that they ran into each other at this party, talked for a bit and were very nice to each other.
    I think it might have even been the same year as RTL: 2000.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BobC View Post
    Hmmm--interesting. Seems like I recall something about Katrina too but I can't swear to it.

Ivana Trump? That is especially interesting because few people know that it was Donald Trump who got the original 5th Dimension back together in the 90's, to play at one of his hotels.
    That was probably just wishful thinking amongst the fans.

I remember in 2002 or 03, Susaye tried to interest the rest of the Supremes in a TV documentary but several said no to the idea and the project went nowhere. I remember Susaye discussing the proposal and its fate at her Yahoo group.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I think it might have even been the same year as RTL: 2000.
    Yes,it was in LA during the time around the Democratic party convention when Al Gore received the Presidential nomination.

You are correct about this smark21. Bill and Hillary Clinton invited Diana to perform at a big Democratic fundraiser for the Gore campaign in Bel-Air in the summer of 2000. After Diana's show Mary Wilson, who was in the audience went up to Diana and they hugged and chatted for about one minute. I think fans unrealistically magnified this hence the one off DMC reunion rumor.

Mary Wilson looked spectacular that night! Gorgeous!

I remember hearing about possible Las Vegas New Year's eve performance.