[REMOVE ADS]

4 hrs of soul on BBC4 tonight

UK listies should tune into BBC4 TV at 9pm tonight for nearly 4 hours of [[almost) solid soul.
    1st up is a 75 minute documentary on Bill Withers. This is followed by 30 mins of a Bill Withers live show from back in 1974 [[probably his appearance on the BBC's 'Old Grey Whistle Test' prog). Then its 'Kings of Romance with Barry White [[& a few non soul singers) before it all finishes with 30 minutes of classic soul [[old BBC footage of Reffa, Percy Sledge, Al Green, Solomon Burke, Isaac Hayes & Rusty Springboard).
    ........ Not going out myself tonight, so know what I'll be doing.

If that documentary is "Still Bill" you're in for a treat, one of the best I ever saw.

StillBill was fantastic. Watching the concert now.

Yes the documentary was fascinating.
    Bill Withers is a one off, a real man with principals.

Still Bill was absolutely blinding! The anecdote about the A&R guy telling him to do a cover of Elvis Presley's In The Ghetto was priceless!

There can be good things on BBC Radio as well.

There's an hour-long programme on BBC Radio 2 on Monday 12th March at 10pm, "The Wicked Pickett: The Life and Times of Wilson Pickett".

It sounds like something really worth watching. Unfortunately we cannot view BBC4 here in the States. Speaking of which, BBC America is bizarre in that it shows only shows the same 3-4 shows daily. I don't understand that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    It sounds like something really worth watching. Unfortunately we cannot view BBC4 here in the States. Speaking of which, BBC America is bizarre in that it shows only shows the same 3-4 shows daily. I don't understand that at all.
    As I was going out that evening I set the video to record it all and then burnt it to disc when I got home. Give me a day or so to actually watch it and then I'll send you the disc for your own viewing pleasure! I'll be in touch via Private Message to get a postal address from you. Although the disc would have been recorded on the UK PAL system, I'm sure most computers can view these, regardless of where you are in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotspurman View Post
    As I was going out that evening I set the video to record it all and then burnt it to disc when I got home. Give me a day or so to actually watch it and then I'll send you the disc for your own viewing pleasure! I'll be in touch via Private Message to get a postal address from you. Although the disc would have been recorded on the UK PAL system, I'm sure most computers can view these, regardless of where you are in the world.
    Thank you so much Hotspurman. That is very nice of you.

Marv