[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson and the Funk Brothers in Concert!

http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs...O0201/70621009

March 01, 2012 The original Dreamgirl, Mary Wilson from the Supremes, joins the musicians who created the Motown sound, The Funk Brothers, at Britt at 7:30 p.m., Sunday, June 24.

You know Wilson’s story from Jennifer Hudson’s Oscar-winning turn in “Dreamgirls” last year. [[And from her best-selling autobiography and her stint on the lecture circuit in the 1970s and ‘80s.) Learn more at her Web site, www.marywilson.com .

Related Stories
    Chris Botti / Chiara CivelloGreg Brown / John HammondMartha Graham Dance CompanyChicagoThe Cowboy Junkies / Joan OsborneLyle Lovett and His Large Band / k.d. langThe Temptations / The Four TopsBritt Classical SeasonRiders in the Sky / Don Edwards Craig Chaquico / Tower of PowerThe Bellydance Superstars The Doobie Brothers Hootie and the Blowfish / Carey Ott Robert Earl Keen / Waybacks Dave Bromberg with Angel Band / The Dougie MacLean Acoustic BandShe’ll perform with The Funk Brothers, the studio band that backed the Supremes and loads of other Motown masters. The group includes three original members — Eddie Willis on guitar, Uriel Jones on drums and Bob Babbitt on bass — and seven new members. Their story was told in “Standing in the Shadow of Motown,” a 2002 documentary.

Marv, I don't think this is a current article. I just checked the link and the date at the top changed to "March 02, 2012", which I think is just a placeholder for today's date [[since your post says "March 01, 2012") and not the date the article was published. I haven't received any info on this show. If you check Bob Babbit's tour schedule on his website, they did this date back in 2007. I could be wrong.

Anyone know how Bob is doing? Last I heard, he was in the hospital...
    Last edited by carlo; 03-02-2012 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Marv, I don't think this is a current article. I just checked the link and the date at the top changed to "March 02, 2012", which I think is just a placeholder for today's date [[since your post says "March 01, 2012") and not the date the article was published. I haven't received any info on this show. If you check Bob Babbit's tour schedule on his website, they did this date back in 2007. I could be wrong.

Anyone know how Bob is doing? Last I heard, he was in the hospital...
    Good looking out Carlo! I actually saw Mary and the Funks back in 2005 on Long Island. I was hoping they were getting back together for some shows. I haven't heard anything regarding Bob in a good while. Anyone out there with an update?