[REMOVE ADS]

Davy Jones of the Monkees Has Died R.I.P.

Hi All: This is hot off the presses. It was a heart attack. So sad.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1310769.html

I see it was posted already. Sorry!

Here is a message from Mike Nesmith. It is beautiful about Davy's transition.All the lovely people. Where do they all come from?

So many lovely and heartfelt messages of condolence and sympathy, I don’t know what to say, except my sincere thank you to all. I share and appreciate your feelings.

But let’s not get ahead of ourselves here.

While it is jarring, and sometimes seems unjust, or strange, this transition we call dying and death is a constant in the mortal experience that we know almost nothing about. I am of the mind that it is a transition and I carry with me a certainty of the continuity of existence. While I don’t exactly know what happens in these times, there is an ongoing sense of life that reaches in my mind out far beyond the near horizons of mortality and into the reaches of infinity.

That David has stepped beyond my view causes me the sadness that it does many of you. I will miss him, but I won’t abandon him to mortality. I will think of him as existing within the animating life that insures existence. I will think of him and his family with that gentle regard in spite of all the contrary appearances on the mortal plane.

David’s spirit and soul live well in my heart, among all the lovely people, who remember with me the good times, and the healing times, that were created for so many, including us.

I have fond memories. I wish him safe travels.

Marion County, FL, did he live here or was he working?

I turned on my computer at work and when I saw this on Yahoo I said oh F***! I loved the Monkees! My favorite was Micky but Davey was a close second, I am so glad I was able to see them live when I did it was a show I will never forget. I have about three Monkees albums and books about them. My heart literally jumped when I saw this and I must say Davey had good stage antics he was far from boring. Hey Hey Were the Monkees! RIP Davey....Cheer up Sleepy Jean!
    Steph

I just heard the news on WCBS ch. 2 here in NYC. Davey Jones was 66. I remember as a kid watching he and the Monkees almost every Saturday afternoon back in the sixties. We had a lot of fun. Cousin Brucie will be doing a tribute to Davey Jones this evening on his Sirus radio program. He called Jones the greatest "teen idol" of all time!

Well, he made some very good music with the rest of the Monkees. I know they were suppose to be doing a reunion tour this year. Well, my condolences go out to his family,friends and fans all over the World. Rest in peace Davey Jones. Thanks for all the fun and music!

Mickey Dolenz was just on Piers Morgan talking about his bandmate.
    It will be repeated 2nite

OK, it wasn't Marion County it is Martin County, FL, which is in the southern part of the state. I think he lived in
    Stuart.

Sorry to hear this,the monkees were just sort of around not good or bad just around and therein lies they legend...r.i.p.

I liked a few of the Monkees songs. And, who could forget the appearance he made in the episode of the Brady Bunch where Marcia tried to get him to sing at some school function.

I have an mp3 of that song "Girl".