[REMOVE ADS]

Now Star Jones Wants Diana Ross to Return to Acting

Star Jones talks about her return to “The View” and about why she wants Diana Ross to return to acting
    By Greg Hernandez on Feb 29, 2012 10:50 am | Permalink | Comments [[0) | Let’s just get this straight: I have not been a big fan of Star Jones in the past.

I’m not sure I’m a big fan of hers now.

But I do think she is coming off more authentic in her recent television appearances than ever before.

I also think Barbara Walters handled Star’s recent return visit to The View horribly [read about that HERE] – so horribly that it made me think a little less of Barbara who has long been a hero of mine for all of her groundbreaking accomplishments in television news – and for all those dishy celebrity specials!

Star waded into friendlier television territory on The Wendy Williams Show this week and took the high road saying that Babs and Co. do not owe her an apology. But she does say she would not want to return to the show as a panelist and is quite happy with her regular gig on The Today Show.

Star’s book, Satan’s Sisters is also going to be made into a television movie. It’s about a group of women who co-host a talk show! Gee, wonder who THAT could be about. She wants Diana Ross to play the Barbara Walters-ish character. It would be fun but she’ll never get her. Ross is a fantastic actress – Oscar nominated for Lady Sings the Blues and Golden Globe nominated for Out of Darkness - but she has not made a film since 1999′s Double Platinum and does not seem in a rush to make another.

But here’s hoping!

Here is video of Star’s appearance with Wendy:

Star Jones Executive Producing Along With Suzanne DePasse

Star Jones’ ‘SATAN’s SISTERS’ Coming To TV…
    Feb 29, 2012 | By: T-Marie

Star Jones sat with Wendy earlier today and Wendy asked about when she returned to ‘The View’ last week and did she agree with Danny Deutsch, who said that the ladies were a bit hard on her and owed her an apology. Star basically never really directly responded, but did say that she would never return to ‘The View’ if she was asked to be part of the show again.

Star also revealed that her book ‘SATAN SISTERS’ was picked up by VH-1 to be turned into a TV movie, maybe even an ongoing series.She will be executive producing along with Suzanne De Passe, who’s known for bringing the Jackson 5 to Berry Gordy/Motown, executive produced ‘Sister Sister’ and ‘Showtime At The Apollo’, which are some of the projects she’s worked on.

‘Satan Sisters’ is basically a novel about talk show hosts, similar to ‘The View’ scenario, except with black people. When discussing who can possibly play the older [[Barbara Walters) character, legendary Diahann Carroll was Star’s first choice, but then she said Diana Ross would be perfect. She also mentioned Lynn Whitfield and Phylicia Rashad.

I’m looking forward to seeing a series about something like this, featuring us. Should be interesting.

Watch a clip from Wendy and Star’s chat, below…

Wednesday, February 29, 2012Satan's Sisters Movie on VH1!

Media mogul, Suzzane De Passe & talk show host, author and attorney, Star Jones are the two power houses collaborating as executive producers on the TV movie version of Star's tell all book titled, Satan's Sisters, which many believe is based on the cast of The View, which she used to be part of...

You know all the drama that occured when she was on the show especially before she had her dream wedding and when she "miraculously" lost weight, and when she got off the show, so unceremoniously, so this fictionalized account must be juicy. If you ask me, both parties should take some of the blame for what occurred and move on. Apparently, they must've taken my advice already because she was recently on the show, which to me shows how big hearted Barbara Walters must be even if others don't see it that way, because if Ms. Walters didn't want her on the show as a guest, guess what? She wouldn't have been there...

Back to the upcoming movie, with Suzzane De Passe and Star working on the movie, it's bound to be good. In the book, there's Maxine who is older woman of 65 years old many believe is loosely based on Ms. Walters. the lead host, who’s worked her way to the top of television royalty by kicking much butt and taking many names. She’s a long way from her family’s sharecropping past, but she’s got to do some serious legwork to keep it that way. She is also the grand dame, the super rich diva who lives uptown and has everything including plenty of baggage and connections.

Actresses being considered to play the role include, Diane Carroll, Diana Ross, Lynn Whitfield, and Felicia Rashad. Is it really fair for Star to name those names and have the women falling over each other to get the role? That's the question for another day...

For a review of the book, click here