[REMOVE ADS]

Dynamic Superiors CD

I didn't know this was available.

Dynamic Superiors/Pure Pleasur
    Dynamic Superiors [[Artist) | Format: Audio CD

Be the first to review this item Like 1330277521 false 0 0 0 0 [[0)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Price: CDN$ 19.93 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over CDN$ 25. Details
    o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o

Usually ships within 7 to 12 days.
    Ships from and sold by Amazon.ca. Gift-wrap available.

17 new from CDN$ 12.73 1 used from CDN$ 38.35

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
    Page 1 of 1 [[Start over) Back

Let Yourself Go: The '70s Albums Vol. 2 [[3CD) ~ Supremes
    CDN$ 55.85 Next
    Product Details
    Audio CD [[Nov 2 2010)
    Number of Discs: 1
    Label: Dark Peak Productions
    ASIN: B0040U8XTG
    Other Editions: Audio CD
    Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
    Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #20,247 in Music [[See Top 100 in Music)

Would you like to update product info, give feedback on images, or tell us about a lower price?

Track Listings
    1. SHOE SHOE SHINE
    2. SOON
    3. LEAVE IT ALONE
    4. DON'T SEND NOBODY ELSE
    5. ROMEO
    6. STAR OF MY LIFE
    7. CRY WHEN YOU WANT TO
    8. I GOT AWAY
    9. ONE-NIGHTER
    10. RELEASE ME
    11. DECEPTION
    12. PLEASURE
    13. NOBODY'S GONNA CHANGE ME
    14. FEELING MELLOW
    15. FACE THE MUSIC
    16. HIT AND RUN LOVERS
    17. A BETTER WAY
    18. DON'T GIVE UP ON ME BABY
    19. AIN'T NOTHING LIKE THE REAL THING

Product Description
    Album Description
    Digitally remastered two-fer containing a pair of albums from the under-appreciated Soulsters on one disc: The Dynamic Superiors and Pure Pleasure, both released in 1975. The albums were produced by the hitmaking husband-and-wife team of Nick Ashford & Valerie Simpson. The Dynamic Superiors' lead singer Tony Washington was openly gay - and seemingly, the first openly gay black recording artist, predating Sylvester and Carl Bean by a number of years. The group's self-titled Motown debut included the now-classic 'Shoe Shoe Shine,' a Top 20 US R&B hit and the follow-up, 'Leave It Alone' which reached #13 on the US R&B charts as well as the Ashford & Simpson chestnut, 'Don't Send Nobody Else'. Pure Pleasure included the dance hit, 'Face The Music,' a Top 10 disco hit in 1975
    Product Description
    Digitally remastered two-fer containing a pair of albums from the under-appreciated Soulsters on one disc: The Dynamic Superiors and Pure Pleasure, both released in 1975. The albums were produced by the hitmaking husband-and-wife team of Nick Ashford & Valerie Simpson. The Dynamic Superiors' lead singer Tony Washington was openly gay - and seemingly, the first openly gay black recording artist, predating Sylvester and Carl Bean by a number of years. The group's self-titled Motown debut included the now-classic 'Shoe Shoe Shine,' a Top 20 US R&B hit and the follow-up, 'Leave It Alone' which reached #13 on the US R&B charts as well as the Ashford & Simpson chestnut, 'Don't Send Nobody Else'. Pure Pleasure included the dance hit, 'Face The Music,' a Top 10 disco hit in 1975

Tag this product [[What's this?)
    Think of a tag as a keyword or label you consider is strongly related to this product.
    Tags will help all customers organize and find favorite items.
    Your tags: Add your first tag
    Search Products Tagged with

See most popular tags

Customer Reviews
    There are no customer reviews yet on Amazon Canada
    5 star: [[0)
    4 star: [[0)
    3 star: [[0)
    2 star: [[0)
    1 star: [[0)

Share your experience with this product with others
    Create your own review

Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com [[beta)
    Amazon.com: 4.8 out of 5 stars [[8 customer reviews)

4 of 4 people found the following review helpful:
    5.0 out of 5 stars Dynamic Superiors/ Its about Time its on CD!, May 12 2011
    By D. R. Bell - Published on Amazon.com
    This review is from: Dynamic Superiors/Pure Pleasur [[Audio CD)
    Man, I've been waiting for years for this to come out on cd!! These boys were so good back in the 70's I seen then when they came to Dayton, Ohio when I was 23 years old, and the lead singer Tony Washington was to tough and grand, the whole group can sing there butts off, These are the two best albums that the group had as far as I'm concern, Shoe shoe shine, Cry when you want to, Leave it alone, Star of my life, Remeo and Nobody's lGonna change me are my favorite, but the whole cd is really injoyable, If you grew up in the 70s and know your music and Motown, you know you have to buy this cd, Like the other reviewer said, I thought I would go to my grave without hearing these songs again by such a great group of men, I don't know why Motown didn't give this qroup the permotion like they did on some of there other Motown artists, but they should have, but who knows back then they had problems with a lot of egos & drugs in groups,also, everybody can't be the star, just be happy for the one who can go to the next level, like Miss Diana Ross who took The Supremes far as they could go, and left while they were still on top and went on too be the Superstar that she worked so hard to become, and you know there will always be hater's but she didn't let that stop her, and that's what these guys should have done, I hope they are still around, I heard the lead singer Tony Washington is no longer with us, God wanted him to sing for him, such a sweet voice, so Motown Fans get this cd, and you will understand why I feel the way I do about the Dynamic Superiors from Washington, D.C. they were great!!!

Danny Bell

Dayton, Ohio

4 of 4 people found the following review helpful:
    5.0 out of 5 stars Motown Fans Can Now Rejoice!, Jan 13 2011
    By John L. Hughes, Jr. "hughes_jr" - Published on Amazon.com
    The Dynamic Superiors were a mid-70s Motown vocal group noted for its openly gay lead singer Tony Washington. Both of these Ashford & Simpson produced albums were critically acclaimed, and produced such deep soul hits as the Blue Magic-like "Shoe Shoe Shine" [[the group's only pop hit), "Leave It Alone," "Deception," and the top-10 disco hit "Face The Music."

Of the two albums, the group's self-titled debut has the best songs, while PURE PLEASURE flows better due to the increase of slinky, uptempo grooves found in "Hit And Run Lover," the pro-gay "Nobody's Gonna Change Me," and the aforementioned "Face The Music". Compiler David Nathan does an excellent job with the very detailed liner notes which incorporate a 1975 group interview with a 2010 conversation with producer Valerie Simpson. According to Nathan, the master tapes to the song "Soon" has been damaged towards the end of the song, thus it fades out nine seconds earlier on this cd reissue [[they're not missed).

The only lowpoints on this reissue is the unnecessary remake of the r&b classic "Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing," the preachy "A Better Way", and a draggy ballad called "Feeling Mellow". And the group's version of "Don't Send Nobody Else" won't make you forget about the glorious hit version by Ace Spectrum.

4 of 5 people found the following review helpful:
    5.0 out of 5 stars THANK TOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!, Dec 23 2010
    By Tyrone Michael Bess "T.M.B" - Published on Amazon.com
    I thought i was going to go to my grave without this being done.I did a review about why not the first album was not released as a cd? and to see this it,s like christmas foreal.The single shoe shoe shine is just a small part of the ashford & simpson production. You got songs like romeo,cry when you want to, star of my life.Just a great album.I have two copies of this album, one i have not even played thats how great this album is. If you really want to see them at their best , go to you tube and pull up shoe shoe shine and watch their performance classic!.Well i need to place order again ,this time on cd so i can enjoy!
    › Go to Amazon.com to see all 8 reviews 4.8 out of 5 stars

It was released last year.

It sounds great though I must say of the two, Pure Pleasure is the best album.

Yes, I had this for some time now and it brought back a lot of memories.

The record "Soon" is an absolute gem.

I was playing it last week and was surprised to find that the musician credits for one of the Records was unavailable, which usually is not the case for a reissue. Nick and Val production magic at it's best!

I also got it last year,i am happy that hip-o select released it,on cd,Dynamic Superior were at they're best,But like you said motown4Ever518,Nick and Val Production was Magic.
    Please stay positive

Quote Originally Posted by REDHOT View Post
    I also got it last year,i am happy that hip-o select released it,on cd,Dynamic Superior were at they're best,But like you said motown4Ever518,Nick and Val Production was Magic.
    Please stay positive
    David Nathan's soul music label released the Dynamic Superiors. Hip O Select did not.

That makes sense of course. This would be a very hard sell.

You're right Kamasu.Jr,my mistake.
    Please stay positive

Recently I went back and listened to these albums in particular and this collection of songs represent the best of their output, sadly their 1976 album " You Name It" was pure garbage. Nick & Val were gone and the various producers had no idea what to do with them. Honestly I couldn't even listen to the album in its entirety. I was getting a headache. I always wanted to see them live..........

Cry, When You Want To was the jam! Thought Shoe, Shoe Shine was hokey.

Thought Shoe, Shoe Shine was hokey.

I hear you Nosey, but if you look at the history of recordings coming out of Motown, quite a few were "hokey' and relied heavily on sentiment and nostalgia. Most of the artists and writers tapped into a similar vein and had tremendous success. Smokey, Tempts, Supremes, HDH were all guilty of being a little bit hokey, but they sold plenty of records. The Dynamic Superiors tale of a poor man expressing his love for this woman while maintaining that he doesn't have much now but still loves her is quite effective. "I may not have much to think of, but there will always be, plenty of love"........sublime........

Pal, you are right on the money. I don't think Nick has ever gotten enough credit as being a writer of lyrics. When people think of A+S it is always as a package. There is an earthiness to the lyrics, and economy of words that cut to the chase, and a hint of New York hip, that plays well in Peoria, no disrespect to the good citizens of Peoria. Of course, the flowerbed of Ms. Simpsons melodies made the ride to producing the lyrics as smooth as a flying, fluffy mattress.

Pal, you are right on the money. I don't think Nick has ever gotten enough credit as being a writer of lyrics. When people think of A+S it is always as a package. There is an earthiness to the lyrics, and economy of words that cut to the chase, and a hint of New York hip, that plays well in Peoria, no disrespect to the good citizens of Peoria. Of course, the flowerbed of Ms. Simpsons melodies made the ride to producing the lyrics as smooth as a flying, fluffy mattress.

Nick & Val were simply the right producers/writers for this group. The group itself performed the lyrics in their own unique way,like the marriage between Smokey and The Temptations.

The intro to the very record we're discussing is evident of that fact, you really can't tell where its going but you know you like it :

First of all
    Let's get one thing straight
    All the things you desire
    Will have to come late...............................

[[ "Leave it Alone" ) My favorite Dynamic Superior tune follows this trend beautifully, the piano intro was perfect and their front man Tony Washington provides mostly backing vocals and high end close outs on the song, much the way Emanuel Johnson did for Joe Thomas on Enchantments hit "Its You That I Need".

Two more Dynamic Superior CDs to be released May 22:

You Name It

http://www.amazon.com/You-Name-It-Dy...3588636&sr=1-5

Give & Take

http://www.amazon.com/Give-Take-Dyna...3588636&sr=1-4

Brief descriptions from Dusty Groove:

You Name It

http://www.dustygroove.com/item.php?...mp%3Bgo_y%3D11

Give & Take

http://www.dustygroove.com/item.php?...mp%3Bgo_y%3D11
    Last edited by johnjeb; 04-04-2012 at 09:40 PM.

Well spotted John

Just ordered my CDs from amazon, expecting delivery Thursday the 24th. Looking forward to having these.