[REMOVE ADS]

Motown Lost And Found: Time Can't Erase 1966-1970 Gladys Knight & The Pips

This was promoted as a forthcoming release back in 2000 and advertised as such on the Tower Records Sampler.

Whatever happened to it?

It was sadly "put on the burner" and....it's still there!

ERASED!.......lol

The company was sold shortly after the Tower sampler became available. We've seen priorities change with changes in management. Fortunately, a dedicated group continues to develop product for us, today.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    ERASED!.......lol
    Hahahahaha!

I would love to have a Gladys Knight & the Pips Lost & Found!

It wasn't erased completely. Some of the tracks were suggested for the Cellarful of Motown series and can be found there eg. Everyday I Love You More Than Yesterday, Here Are The Pieces, If You Ever Get Your Hands on Love.

I thought I'd read that Gladys Knight had a contractual problem with UMG, other than the Motown recordings, and she therefore 'blocked' any any UMG product.

I raised this question some time ago and it appears that most the tracks have been released with only 7 including 1 alt. not yet available.

Quote Originally Posted by snakepit View Post
    I thought I'd read that Gladys Knight had a contractual problem with UMG, other than the Motown recordings, and she therefore 'blocked' any any UMG product.
    That can't be true because some came out later on Cellarful of Motown.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Polhill View Post
    I raised this question some time ago and it appears that most the tracks have been released with only 7 including 1 alt. not yet available.
    What was the alternate that is not now available?

"Take Me In Your Arms And Love Me"

Delete that one from your list Roger. That is definitely wrong.

Hmmm now this would make a nice set

That is from information I gathered, but I`m wrong again - bugger! What more do you know on the subject.

Roger

I know my place and it's not my place to say anything more. But I didn't want you hold on to incorrect facts.

Look boy, contrary to popular belief I`m not working for the C.I.A. I promise I`ll keep what ever you divulge a secret.

lol

Since it didn't happen, there's not much more to say. I'm not holding on to any secrets. It contained "A Man Is A Woman's Weakness" in addition to those mentioned above. This was on the the Tower Sampler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D00ZLoE3vY

"A Man Is A Woman's Weakness" is also on "Love Songs" which was released in 2009.

Those tunes that did appear on the CFOM releases are superior to a lot of what the group released. Honestly I don't think that with the Pips or without Gladys ever made a bad record in her life. They recorded some sub par songs, but performed them as if they were just starting out trying to make a name for themselves, throughout their careers. Part of the problem as I see it is that they were still a major factor in the music business up through the 80's. I saw her recently in concert and must say, she has never sounded better. My primary wish is for World Peace, with a GK and T Pips Lost and Found being in my Top 40.

Assigned tracks to GK&P are:"The Hunter Gets Captured..", "Where Is The Love", "Earthquake", "I`ll Cross My Heart", "I Ain`t That Easy To Lose", "When Someone Loves You [[You`re Never Alone)","You Took This Far [[Take Me All TheWay)", "My Life Can`t Go On Without You", "Make My Water Boil [[Loving You Has Been So Wonderful)", "Love Woke Me Up This Morning", "I Should Be Proud", "Mobile Lil The Dancing Witch", "Breakthrough [[I`ve Got My Freedom)" and "Why`d You Do It". They were only assigned and most were probably not finished or recorded.There is more than likely a track called "Time Can`t Erase"

The cd could be "If You Ever Get Your Hands On Love", "Here Are The Pieces..", "Everyday I`ll Love You..", "I`m Gonna Get You", "The Day You Take One..", "A Bird In The Hand..", "A Man Is A Woman`s Weakness", "Good Lovin`Ain`t Easy..", "It`s Never Too Late..", "The Lonely Eyes And Lonely Heart..", "Just Like You Never Loved Me", "Somebody Stole The Sunshine" Alt.and "It`s Bad For You To See Me". Two others "I`m Gonna Make You Love Me" and "No One Could Love You More" were recorded in 1971.

Could well be Roger! But that's only 15 tracks.

The cd could be "If You Ever Get Your Hands On Love", "Here Are The Pieces..", "Everyday I`ll Love You..", "I`m Gonna Get You", "The Day You Take One..", "A Bird In The Hand..", "A Man Is A Woman`s Weakness", "Good Lovin`Ain`t Easy..", "It`s Never Too Late..", "The Lonely Eyes And Lonely Heart..", "Just Like You Never Loved Me", "Somebody Stole The Sunshine" Alt.and "It`s Bad For You To See Me". Two others "I`m Gonna Make You Love Me" and "No One Could Love You More" were recorded in 1971.
    Haven't all these tracks already been found?

Assigned tracks to GK&P are:"The Hunter Gets Captured..", "Where Is The Love", "Earthquake", "I`ll Cross My Heart", "I Ain`t That Easy To Lose", "When Someone Loves You [[You`re Never Alone)","You Took This Far [[Take Me All TheWay)", "My Life Can`t Go On Without You", "Make My Water Boil [[Loving You Has Been So Wonderful)", "Love Woke Me Up This Morning", "I Should Be Proud", "Mobile Lil The Dancing Witch", "Breakthrough [[I`ve Got My Freedom)" and "Why`d You Do It". They were only assigned and most were probably not finished or recorded.There is more than likely a track called "Time Can`t Erase"
    Roger, where did you read that 'Hunter' had been assigned to Gladys? It was written for Wanda by Smokey.

RossHolloway Guest
    Those are some interesting track titles and that would make for a great release.

Have you considered emailing Universal to ask if they might re-consider it. You have a 50% chance of a YES answer. It must be worth a try. I am sure the folks at Universal will be pleased that you took time out to show interest in what they are doing.

classic.motown@umusic.com

I have already asked HW

RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    I have already asked HW
    So what was his response?

Perhaps more relevant..is when

It might be time for a reminder

RossHolloway Guest
    Perhaps if everyone reading this thread would take a few moments out of thier day to send a new email that might help to give the project some momentum. I just sent an email myself. Hopefully I'll get a response soon.

Surely someone could lose some more GK&P tracks so they can be found for this release. Actually I wouldn't mind if they lost the re-recordings of "Giving Up" and "Every Beat of My Heart" and found the originals.

Thanks everybody for showing interest. The "unreleased" tracks that I read about are: "Don`t Compare Me To Her", "Nothing But A Fool", "The Hunter Gets Captured..", "When Somebody Loves You", "You Need Me" and of course "Time Can`t Erase". Copley I trawl through track annotations and note them down. "Hunter.." was the first, but for the life of me I can`t find my source.The tracks above came from Motown Treasures and include "Hunter..". I just want to the bottom of this like everybody else.

Hi Roger. I realise now that it's Blinky's version which was 1st assigned to Gladys not the Marvelettes and of course just to confuse me more [[which is very easy) you meant the CD 'Motown Sings Motown Treasures' not the Yahoo Group Motown Treasures - duh!

Quote Originally Posted by RossHolloway View Post
    So what was his response?
    Latest response from Harry as of today.

Q. Will the proposed Gladys Knight & The Pips 'Lost & Found' ever happen?

A. Hard to say, but probably not in the near future.