[REMOVE ADS]

"Sorry Is A Sorry Word" video clip

Could someone identify the technicians in this clip? The only one I recognized was Russ Terrana. And was the guy directing the musicians Ivy Jo Hunter? Thanks.

We went through this once before and you may find it useful to check the archives.

Are you speaking about the guys in the Control Booth or inside the studio?

Arranger Paul Riser red cardigan, Cornelius Grant Tempts guitarist with headphones, Brian Holland interrupting, Ivy Jo Hunter in tie.Is it Bobbye Porter on congas.

I would be nice to know what clip is being reffered to, and where one can find it.

It`s on the Temptations "Get Ready The Definitive Performances 1965-1972" dvd, and it`s brilliant.

Thanks! One should not assume just everybody knows what is being discussed.

As requested:

Well done nabob you are much cleverer than me.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Polhill View Post
    Arranger Paul Riser red cardigan, Cornelius Grant Tempts guitarist with headphones, Brian Holland interrupting, Ivy Jo Hunter in tie.Is it Bobbye Porter on congas.
    I think the guy with the headphones on is actually William Weatherspoon. Next to him in the red cardigan is engineer Cal Harris and behind him, I think it's James Dean.

Lawrence Horn is at the mixing desk in the bit with Russ Terrana in.

As xtown says, it might pay to check the archives just to be sure!

Cheers

Paul
    Last edited by bradburger; 02-23-2012 at 08:57 PM.

Paul

I can't find it...would it be on the old Forum. I remember Ralph pointing out many of the names

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Paul

I can't find it...would it be on the old Forum. I remember Ralph pointing out many of the names
    Here you go:-

http://faac.us/adf/messages/131452/1...tml?1164622786

I might be wrong but there might have been more than one thread on the subject.

Cheers

Paul

Paul-That's the one. Well done for finding it. I distinctly remember my dialogue with Ralph.

DVDMike and Roger...I would suggest you check out that thread.

Thanks boy, I`m wrong again. I did get a couple right.So nice to have a thread going that wasn`t DR&TS.Nice to finally see Weatherspoon & Dean. Apologies to all.

Roger-This is why Soulful Detroit was set up. To pass on the legacy. The archives are incredible sources of information. Many of the people involved in Detroit music who have now sadly left us, have contributed personally to this Forum, eg Mike Terry. I could go on but I don't want to show any bias. Ralph brought these people on board and made SDF special.

Once upon a time, my aim was to ensure that at least 50% of the Motown threads were not about DRATS. But I failed miserably! HAHA.

I read through that old thread and it instantly reminded me of why this forum was so different and special to all the others. There were contributions from so many people and from all over the world. All of us had the same common interest and that was all that mattered. It was new and exciting.

It also reminded me why we needed to donate to the Forum........in order to preserve our legacy.

Pages 15 and 16 of the booklet included in the DVD identify the people in the clip except for James Dean. Thanks guys for the responses.
    Last edited by dvdmike; 02-25-2012 at 12:25 AM.