[REMOVE ADS]

Remembering Florence Ballard 2/22/76

This is the 36 anniversary of the passing of Florence Ballard one of the original Supremes. Flo passed away on this day in 1976. Although it put a wound on
    many Supremes Fans, we have come to appreciate the efforts Flo put into making the Supremes a household word.

On Jan. 15, 1961 the name Supremes were born, and Flo is credited for picking the name from Janie Bradford's list of names she picked and the rest is history.

Since then the memory has been planted in many books a movie in which Ms. Jennnifer Hudson dedicated her emmy award to Florence Ballard saying this award is dedicated to a lady who never really got her chance you will never be forgotten.

We don't need to go through the whole ritual of what Flo's career was but I would like to say Michelle Chapman said "if it weren't for Flo there would be no Supremes. Gladys Horton said "Flo didn't have to help us get a hit record", the Supremes didn't have one at this time, Catherine Anderson who remembered Flo taking part in the Marvelettes replacing Wanda briefly said if you want to remember Flo "Just remember Her". Diana Ross said "Flo had this beautiful voice" Otis Williams said Flo was a singer who could sing, and said that the Supremes were not the same without her. Mary Wilson said Flo is always with me in spirit, we fans will never forget the wonderful times she brought to the Supremes, even though times weren't always what they seem. The Supremes were Supreme with her.

R.I.P Florence Ballard.

Quote Originally Posted by franjoy56 View Post
    This is the 36 anniversary of the passing of Florence Ballard one of the original Supremes. Flo passed away on this day in 1976. Although it put a wound on
    many Supremes Fans, we have come to appreciate the efforts Flo put into making the Supremes a household word.

On Jan. 15, 1961 the name Supremes were born, and Flo is credited for picking the name from Janie Bradford's list of names she picked and the rest is history.

Since then the memory has been planted in many books a movie in which Ms. Jennnifer Hudson dedicated her emmy award to Florence Ballard saying this award is dedicated to a lady who never really got her chance you will never be forgotten.

We don't need to go through the whole ritual of what Flo's career was but I would like to say Michelle Chapman said "if it weren't for Flo there would be no Supremes. Gladys Horton said "Flo didn't have to help us get a hit record", the Supremes didn't have one at this time, Catherine Anderson who remembered Flo taking part in the Marvelettes replacing Wanda briefly said if you want to remember Flo "Just remember Her". Diana Ross said "Flo had this beautiful voice" Otis Williams said Flo was a singer who could sing, and said that the Supremes were not the same without her. Mary Wilson said Flo is always with me in spirit, we fans will never forget the wonderful times she brought to the Supremes, even though times weren't always what they seem. The Supremes were Supreme with her.

R.I.P Florence Ballard.

Lovely posting but I must point out that Jennifer Hudson never won an Emmy for Dreamgirls. It was at the Golden Globes that Miss Hudson acknowledged Miss Ballard and not the Emmy Awards.

Roberta

atcsm Guest
    Thank you for posting this - Bless Florence. Nice of her to be remebered.

Emmy or Golden Globe they are both just as significant, the words are still the same.
    and Jennifer played the hell out of her part even though it was a Dreamgirls thing it was
    still supreme to me. This is Flo's space on the anniversary of her passing.

and it was a Golden Globe award trophy she won, as well as an academy award for best supporting actress award.

Quote Originally Posted by franjoy56 View Post
    Emmy or Golden Globe they are both just as significant, the words are still the same.
    and Jennifer played the hell out of her part even though it was a Dreamgirls thing it was
    still supreme to me. This is Flo's space on the anniversary of her passing.
    But facts are facts dear. And the fact is Jennifer Hudson dedicated her Golden Globe to Florence.

That said, I'll remember dear Flo in my prayers tonight.

Roberta