[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tyler Perry Reveals New Movie For His Dream Muse: Diana Ross

Tyler Perry Reveals New Movie For His Dream Muse: Diana Ross
    HOLLYSCOOP EXCLUSIVE
    February 21, 2012 by: KRISTIN WONGShare00 ShareEmail
    0 0
    ShareEmailWriter/Director/ Tyler Perry has traveled a long, hard road to get where he is. But it’s more than paid off. The director now has 27 projects under his belt, with ‘Good Deeds,’ coming out February 24. The flick stars Thandie Newton, Eddie Cibrian, Gabriel Union and Rebecca Romijn.

Hollyscoop caught up with Perry at the ‘Good Deeds’ movie junket where we asked him who his dream costar was.

“Diana Ross,” Perry told us, without hesitation. And in fact, he revealed that he has some big plans in store.

“I have the perfect role for her,” Tyler told Hollyscoop. “And I haven’t shot that movie yet because I’m waiting for her to say yes.”

Well Halleluyer! So what’s it about? Don’t worry, Perry fills us in:

“It’s a jazz movie set in the 1940’s, and [Diana Ross] would play a jazz singer who runs a juke joint, and I just wish she would do it.”

As do we, Tyler. As do we.

If Tyler gets Diana on board, it would be a huge feat, as the singer hasn’t acted in anything since 1999, when she did a TV movie called ‘Double Platinum.’

Diana recently received the Lifetime Achievement award at the 54the annual Grammy Awards, though the celebration was a bit eclipsed by Whitney Houston’s death.

“It’s supposed to be the day of my celebration, but it’s hard to celebrate when there’s a loss like this,” Ross said as she accepted the award. “But I felt like if Clive [Davis] didn’t cancel it, then it was important that I be here.”

It was previously reported that upon hearing of Houston’s passing, Tyler Perry offered his private plane to carry her body from Los Angeles to New Jersey, where her funeral will be held.

He's been after her for 4 years to do this film. I wish she would meet with him to discuss the idea. It'd be great to see her on the silver screen again!

She's probably waiting to do the remake of the "Body Guard" LOL!!!!

Miss Ross needs to do another film!!

smark21 Guest
    He's been talking about this for several years now. I sense she's very happy working part time on her music [[touring, perhaps recording) while enjoying her time with family.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    He's been talking about this for several years now. I sense she's very happy working part time on her music [[touring, perhaps recording) while enjoying her time with family.
    Also, there is no demand for her services.....

She's Tyler's #1 in demand.

Hey, Marv,.............over on SD............they guys are all waiting for you! Or maybe you are lurking and listening. You'd love it.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    She's Tyler's #1 in demand.

Hey, Marv,.............over on SD............they guys are all waiting for you! Or maybe you are lurking and listening. You'd love it.
    Of course she is.....Tyler's # demand [[demand what?) Carlo, where's the pic of the little kid rolling his eyes? LOL!!!!

I don't know what SD you are talking about, but they are going to have to do whatever they are doing without me.

Midnight Johnny's show...........Andy, George, John and all of us are there.

There was another lecture on kindness, decency, treating the Supremes well, Mary's unhappiness with bad behaviour; all the good things we need to hear!

Come in, you'll love it. And Diana's newest release, charting again!

atcsm Guest
    To Marv2
    of course you do......

LadySingsBlues Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Also, there is no demand for her services.....

No demand for her services? Don't be delusional. When the #1 highest paid man in entertainment [[according to Forbes) is begging to have you star in his film...then you're in pretty big demand.

Never thought of it that way Lady.................but fair comment!

atcsm Guest
    Absolutely - you know it's head is exploding tonight.
    Never thought of it that way Lady.................but fair comment!

Quote Originally Posted by LadySingsBlues View Post
    No demand for her services? Don't be delusional. When the #1 highest paid man in entertainment [[according to Forbes) is begging to have you star in his film...then you're in pretty big demand.
    It is the audience that creates the demand and no one outside of you few guys here on Soulful Detroit are discussing her. Out in the REAL World, out from behind your computer, some do not even know who she is, others believe she had long retired and some couldn't tell you anything about her from the last 20 plus years except maybe the DUI arrest and jumping on security at the airport in London and perhaps her Supremes tour that got cancelled. She has been DISMISSED a long time ago! Those are the facts.

Goodnight!
    Last edited by marv2; 02-22-2012 at 10:38 AM.

I don't like where this is heading....

It's this constant negative talk about Diana, Mary, etc. that makes me consider leaving these boards. It all goes back to that old saying "If you don't have something nice to say then don't say it at all." I wish some people took it seriously.

Alrighty, I'm stepping back now. Back to the music.
    Last edited by bradsupremes; 02-22-2012 at 01:57 AM.

It's amazing how everyone but Ralph can see it.

Mr Perry has been going on about this for years, seems like it's become like an obsession for him to get Diana on board and it seems no matter how much Diana is not taking any notice of him, he's still dertermined to get her for the role, I wonder whether he will give up some day if Diana doesn't get in touch with him. [[it has been over 4 years now, since he's been chasing after her).
    It looks as if he's keeping the filming of the movie on hold until he hears from Diana, I hope Diana does meet up with him, at least to discuss it but at the end of the day it's up to Diana whether she wants to do it or not.
    Last edited by David J; 02-22-2012 at 10:16 AM.

The Bodyguard script was written for Diana Ross and Steve McQueen to star in in the 70's. She [[or the powers that were guiding her career at the time) turned it down. It's funny how so much of Whitney's career was built on Diana Ross's projects or writers, ie, Michael Masser, Ashford and Simpson, The Bodyguard, etc. Ms. Ross, and her career, really did open some doors. Amazing when you look back in hindsight.

it is the audience that creates the demand and no one outside of you few guys here on soulful detroit are discussing her. Out in the real world, out from behind your computer, some do not even know who she is, others believe she had long retired and some couldn't tell you anything about her from the last 20 plus years except maybe the dui arrest and jumping on security at the airport in london and perhaps her supremes tour that got cancelled. She has been dismissed a long time ago! Those are the facts.

Goodnight!
    huh???there's another world outside of sdf??...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A trash fire needs oxygen to grow. The best way to punish the folks you think are trolling the threads is to ignore them, not argue or make a counter point, just pretend they don't exist. Responding is giving them attention and it really doesn't matter to a troll if it good or bad, just that they get some and make you somehow care about their view. If no one gives them their fix they'll get tired of it and stop or just leave. I learned that lesson back in the over the top Tony Turner infestation of every thread awhile back and wish others could do the same. Every Diana Ross topic these days seems to start in one place and wind up in the gutter a mile away from it's beginning. I found this board in hopes of learning about the acts I love since I wasn't alive for the classic Hitsville period but it's getting real tired to try and dig through all the conflicts to find the real pearls of information I crave. If you don't want to see Diana Ross in a Tyler Perry movie don't buy a ticket. That will be the ultimate gage of demand. I respect your decision. Those of us that do will go to the theatre or buy the DVD and enjoy ourselves without making you feel any less a person for doing so in return....

I wonder what is stopping Diana from doing another film. It seems she has had opportunity since 1999 and Double Platinum. Didn't she have a deal with ABC for a couple more films? Maybe she doesn't like the process of film making. For the record, I hope Tyler Perry doesn't give up and eventually relents and appears in his movie. I would love to see her onscreen again - big or small. I just wish she did more than just tour every other year. It would be nice to see her doing guest spots on television.

Quote Originally Posted by arrr&bee View Post
    huh???there's another world outside of sdf??...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ah.......YEAH! I woke up in it this morning! LOL!!!

RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by simplysupreme View Post
    It's amazing how everyone but Ralph can see it.
    I'm starting to wonder if they aren't one in the same person...

Diana Ross has said she probably won't do any more movies because they are too time consuming and she doesn't want to spend that amount of time away from her family. It sounds like she regards it as a lot of work at this stage of her life. And does she need this? No. She has all the attention anyone would want. She has all the money she'll ever need.

But should she do it? Yes. She should do one last film, Tyler Perry's. I'd put that ahead of another album. And she can pick up the tour again next year.

Go Diana Go!

selinasian Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RossHolloway View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if they aren't one in the same person...
    Nah! Once Marv has caused trouble, Ralph steps in and 'straight-but-knows-a-lot-about-frocks-earrings-shoes-and-wigs' Marv skulks into the background [[where his beloved Mary spent her career) and waits for his distractors to be admonished, warned and banned.
    Last edited by selinasian; 02-22-2012 at 06:15 PM.

But should she do it? Yes. She should do one last film, Tyler Perry's. I'd put that ahead of another album. And she can pick up the tour again next year.
    Actually she could accomplish both with this project. She could do the film, and then record the soundtrack.

Diana Ross has said she probably won't do any more movies because they are too time consuming and she doesn't want to spend that amount of time away from her family. It sounds like she regards it as a lot of work at this stage of her life. And does she need this? No. She has all the attention anyone would want. She has all the money she'll ever need.

Go Diana Go!
    Does she really have all the money she'll ever need? marv2 has intimated on more than one occasion that Miss Ross is broke and he seems to know all of Diane's personal information.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    I don't like where this is heading....

It's this constant negative talk about Diana, Mary, etc. that makes me consider leaving these boards. It all goes back to that old saying "If you don't have something nice to say then don't say it at all." I wish some people took it seriously.

Alrighty, I'm stepping back now. Back to the music.
    Just ignore the MASTER OF negativity. He never changes. Don't let him spoil things for you. Don't give him that kind of power. He really means nothing in the large scheme of things. He is nothing!

smark21 Guest
    If Diana Ross were to make one more movie, I would rather have her work with someone besides Tyler Perry. As a writer, he's blantantly obvious in his dialogue and driving home his messages. As a director, he has very little filmic style. I find his movies at best, high camp melodrama. I rather have her conclude her film career with a quality production, not Double Platinum, or a large screen equivalent with a hokey kitchsy message, which is what Tyler Perry would most likely do.

Aside from the fact that I just don't think she enjoys the movie making process, I think she may be relunctant because it's another Jazz movie. On top of that I think it has the word "Blues" in the title. She may be thinking, I've already done that.

supremester Guest
    That's a great idea! Do a sequel - after all, the project was written for her and now that the kids are grown, she might want to do it as the character with an AARP card........ Of course that would have to be after the Tyler Perry film and The Woody Allen film if she accepts them.

supremester Guest
    Roberta, If Miss Ross had no income at all, the real estate investments made from the 20+ million contract in 1981 would keep her on easy street forever. She wouldn't be turning down lucrative gigs like American Idol, Caesars Palace 8 weeks a year etc. Her last Euro tour 3 summers ago was another series of arena sell outs generating millions, not to mention the dozens of gigs here in the US that she continues to do well at. In fact, there are only a few 85.00 seats in the back balcony in Florida and some 60.00 & 80.00 seats in the back corners in Atlanta left in the current tour. She's doing great, but would tour a lot more if she needed to. That doesn't include the royalty checks from around the world. Not only does she get sizable bucks off The Supremes catalog, but also 40 years of solo work - much of which was vastly more popular in other countries. Her wealth has recently been estimated to be between 160 and 200 million.......Miss Ross broke??? How absurd! Who told you such a thing? Don't buy any wooden nickles from them! LOLOLOL

Supremester, Roberta was being sarcastic about Diana's worth. But thanks for the info. She has done well and continues to sell out wherever she appears. Welcome to SDF.

LOL, yes, only Marv thinks Diane is broke!

One more movie would be nice. But no more Double Platinums. And I was slightly disappointed by Stolen Moments because it was a little too much of a rehash of Lady. So, I too, would not be in favor of a LSTB rehash or a movie too close to that.

But............if it were as fresh as Blue.........we're on.

I think Diana should consider this. Someone needs to enlist Rhonda for support. I'm sure Mr. Perry will consider any issues Diana has with any direction the script takes.

LadySingsBlues Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    Aside from the fact that I just don't think she enjoys the movie making process, I think she may be relunctant because it's another Jazz movie. On top of that I think it has the word "Blues" in the title. She may be thinking, I've already done that.
    I agree. I would love to see Diana on the big screen again but as soon as I read "jazz singer"...I could see why she probably is not returning calls.

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    Of course that would have to be after the Tyler Perry film and The Woody Allen film if she accepts them.
    Woody Allen wants her in a film too?

SupremeBoy Guest
    This threads another great example of how marv2's panties get twisted anytime Diana Ross is praised or name is mentioned. He needs to take his meds.

smark21 Guest
    Roberta, If Miss Ross had no income at all, the real estate investments made from the 20+ million contract in 1981 would keep her on easy street forever. She wouldn't be turning down lucrative gigs like American Idol, Caesars Palace 8 weeks a year etc. Her last Euro tour 3 summers ago was another series of arena sell outs generating millions, not to mention the dozens of gigs here in the US that she continues to do well at. In fact, there are only a few 85.00 seats in the back balcony in Florida and some 60.00 & 80.00 seats in the back corners in Atlanta left in the current tour. She's doing great, but would tour a lot more if she needed to. That doesn't include the royalty checks from around the world. Not only does she get sizable bucks off The Supremes catalog, but also 40 years of solo work - much of which was vastly more popular in other countries. Her wealth has recently been estimated to be between 160 and 200 million.......Miss Ross broke??? How absurd! Who told you such a thing? Don't buy any wooden nickles from them! LOLOLOL

That's not true. Diane Ross is broke. She has to play weddings and birthday parties to make some coin. Her 3rd daughter Chudney is selling baked goods to help out her mother. And when Diane does get a gig, it's not a prestigious parking lot show like the Supreme Supreme Shantal Baker. No! Diane plays rat infested dumps like the Hollywood Bowl and Radio City Music Hall, hellholes dripping with sewage. And no one attends her shows other than the few people here at this forum who like to talk about her. Everyone else in the world has forgotten Diane Ross, if they don't outright despise her. And let's not get started about her unfortunate gastrointestinal issues. Po' Diane. Heeeheeheee.

I think it's very flattering that Mr.Perry wants to work with Diana. I
    just would like him to keep the chase on the down-low and go thru the usual
    professional channels. He's kind of putting her on the spot publicly unfairly.A
    talented, successful black filmmaker wrote something just for her is to me very
    touching.

I too would love to see her acting again. I think our Lady D. wants her children
    to shine on the big and small screen, but I don't think she wants any bad vibes
    if things don't work out great. If she accepts I'll be thrilled, if she declines
    I'll accept and respect her decision.

That's not true. Diane Ross is broke. She has to play weddings and birthday parties to make some coin. Her 3rd daughter Chudney is selling baked goods to help out her mother. And when Diane does get a gig, it's not a prestigious parking lot show like the Supreme Supreme Shantal Baker. No! Diane plays rat infested dumps like the Hollywood Bowl and Radio City Music Hall, hellholes dripping with sewage. And no one attends her shows other than the few people here at this forum who like to talk about her. Everyone else in the world has forgotten Diane Ross, if they don't outright despise her. And let's not get started about her unfortunate gastrointestinal issues. Po' Diane. Heeeheeheee.
    I'm a fan of sarcasm. Maybe that's why I loved Dorothy on The Golden Girls. Love this post.

roberta, if miss ross had no income at all, the real estate investments made from the 20+ million contract in 1981 would keep her on easy street forever. She wouldn't be turning down lucrative gigs like american idol, caesars palace 8 weeks a year etc. Her last euro tour 3 summers ago was another series of arena sell outs generating millions, not to mention the dozens of gigs here in the us that she continues to do well at. In fact, there are only a few 85.00 seats in the back balcony in florida and some 60.00 & 80.00 seats in the back corners in atlanta left in the current tour. She's doing great, but would tour a lot more if she needed to. That doesn't include the royalty checks from around the world. Not only does she get sizable bucks off the supremes catalog, but also 40 years of solo work - much of which was vastly more popular in other countries. Her wealth has recently been estimated to be between 160 and 200 million.......miss ross broke??? How absurd! Who told you such a thing? Don't buy any wooden nickles from them! Lololol
    oh now you tell me,what am i gonna do now with all these wooden nickels in my piggy bank...i thought they were worth at least a dollar which i was gonna use to buy a ticket to the new diana ross movie...rats foiled again!!

supremester Guest
    Well we all know how bad Tyler perry is a gauging what the public wants, this would probably just continue that trend.

supremester Guest
    I know, that was meant for whoever initiated the silliness. Someday we'll figure out why. Thank you so much for the warm welcome, I like it here already!

Quote Originally Posted by arrr&bee View Post
    oh now you tell me,what am i gonna do now with all these wooden nickels in my piggy bank...i thought they were worth at least a dollar which i was gonna use to buy a ticket to the new diana ross movie...rats foiled again!!
    hehehehehhehehehe.......!

Heeeheeheeehehehe. Po Diane. Yo momma. LOL

Did Diane get the gastrointestinal illness at the party I put on for Marv after the Lifetime Achievement Award? I noticed she was wearing only one earring at the party.........the one left over from the 60's after Flo stamped the other one into oblivion. Diane has had to conserve and make do.

Did Diane get the gastrointestinal illness at the party I put on for Marv after the Lifetime Achievement Award? I noticed she was wearing only one earring at the party.........the one left over from the 60's after Flo stamped the other one into oblivion. Diane has had to conserve and make do.
    I dunno. I do know that more people are watching Diana Ross fart at the Grammys than know she was given an honorary Grammy! LOL!!!!! That's one fart being heard around the World.....hehehehehehe!

I dunno. I do know that more people are watching Diana Ross fart at the Grammys than know she was given an honorary Grammy! LOL!!!!! That's one fart being heard around the World.....hehehehehehe!
    Tacky and very immature, quite childish with those "LOL!!!!!" and "hehehehehehe!". Grow up. If you watched Whitney's funeral [[as you stated you have), her body guard, Ray requested that we love all the entertainers and stop the ridicule of them, can't you at least do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryon6 View Post
    Tacky and very immature, quite childish with those "LOL!!!!!" and "hehehehehehe!". Grow up. If you watched Whitney's funeral [[as you stated you have), her body guard, Ray requested that we love all the entertainers and stop the ridicule of them, can't you at least do that.
    Yeah those that are worthy of my love will have it! Tell me again what to do, hear?

Like I made Diane go up onstage and fart in front of a national television audience......git outta here! LOL!
    Last edited by marv2; 02-23-2012 at 10:18 PM.

atcsm Guest
    Ryon6 - you know he's nothing but common trash. Loves his fart jokes. He was giddy with delight when Mr. Cornelius died because he thought it would propel Miss Wilson into the spotlight because of some youtube video.But she's a star and didn't need that. He said that Miss Wilson would have a lot to say about it, but so far hasn't produced any links. Some of the Supremes have called him out on the carpet, but to no avail - just watch him self destruct - it will happen. Midnight Johnny's show has really thrown him for a loop.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryon6 View Post