[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Hey guys thank you for commenting on my questions..btw, I Really love the alternate of Kiss Me Now!

atcsm Guest
    OMG - that intro to To Love Again. Can't wait for the album to hear Harmony - are you going to tease it tonight?

atcsm Guest
    harmony?????

Wow, Baby It's Me hey!

Good show.....................................thanks so much.

geez..................BABY ITS ME whoa.

atcsm Guest
    Please do Baby It's Me.......

atcsm Guest
    thank you both very much

atcsm Guest
    love you johnny!

Thank you Andy. Thank you George. Thank you Johnny. for an awesome show!

Johnny, Andy, and George,

Thank you for such an informative show! I really appreciate all you do to preserve this fantastic music!

Everyone have a fantastic week!

What a fantastic three hours! Thank you George and Andy for taking the time to share so many wonderful experiences and so much insightful information. Thank you so much for including "Go Where Your Mind Goes" on this set, I really like that song. It's so unique. And please keep providing new and updated information as it becomes available as you work on these wonderful projects. Thanks John, thanks everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenpwood View Post
    In Natalie Cole's memoir she talks about how she and Whitney Houston would commiserate over how many vocal takes Masser would have them do on a song....
    Apparently he did the same with Ross: "Touch me in the morning" is famous for being a patchwork of takes.
    That may be the reason why Ross agreed to record Masser's "In your arms" in 1981 but didn't want him to produce it.

I can't get to hear the show as it's way past my bedtime. So can any of you guys tell me about the Interview?

Is it the one with Diana talking about the rival version of Love Hangover with 5th Dimension....which came out on a promotional 45 in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    Excited for the show! :-)
    Thanks, Brad!

Quote Originally Posted by motownlover View Post
    "Present for my Motown fix: Diana '76!"

I believe I just rhymed, yes?

Thanks John, Andy, and George!

Howard in Long Beach, CA, USA
    Thanks, Howard!!

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Greetings from sunny Arizona! I am listening and messaging via cell phone [[ the magic of technology!) Hello to MJ, George and Mr. Andy. Thanks for playing " Mahogany ". This song was so influential in me becoming the fantastic person and fabulous drag queen I am today. Lol. No, I don't know where I am going to, but I'm having an amazing time getting there! Question: are there any Andantes on backing tracks on this set? And, why was Mahogany included on this set as well as the soundtrack?
    marybrewster....so glad you were able to listen to the show from Arizona...always a pleasure to have you....

Quote Originally Posted by atcsm View Post
    I have never listened to this show but am loving what I'm hearing. I just ordered the CD. Great job John.
    atcsm...welcome to our weekly party! Nice to have you...and thank you.

loved the Mas Que Nada response - controversy put to sleep.
    Yes, atcsm....George did do a great job with that....

Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    I'm late but I'm here. I was out celebrating my feastday- Fat Tuesday... "Honey, fat is where it's at"
    It's great to hear those cuties Andy & George... and you, the always cute and gracious JP. How long have your guests been on? Will there be a podcast?
    Carole...sorry I didn't get to your post last night. Andy and George got connected to the show at about 9:25P...there were a few glitches. And I DID record the show....so I will be able to create a podcast....sadly without the music....station rules re: copyright issues. Thanks, Carole!

love you johnny!
    atcsm...well, thank you! And do come back for more next week!

Quote Originally Posted by lovechild View Post
    Thank you Andy. Thank you George. Thank you Johnny. for an awesome show!
    Thanks, Tony...much obliged!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenpwood View Post
    Johnny, Andy, and George,

Thank you for such an informative show! I really appreciate all you do to preserve this fantastic music!

Everyone have a fantastic week!
    Glen...thank you so much!!

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    What a fantastic three hours! Thank you George and Andy for taking the time to share so many wonderful experiences and so much insightful information. Thank you so much for including "Go Where Your Mind Goes" on this set, I really like that song. It's so unique. And please keep providing new and updated information as it becomes available as you work on these wonderful projects. Thanks John, thanks everybody.
    Thank YOU, Joseph!! And now....It's YOUR turn! [[*smile)

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    I can't get to hear the show as it's way past my bedtime. So can any of you guys tell me about the Interview?

Is it the one with Diana talking about the rival version of Love Hangover with 5th Dimension....which came out on a promotional 45 in the UK
    John....sorry that you are so old that you can't stay up for the festivities [[*grin)
    I couldn't begin to break down all that was talked about, because, frankly, there was so much. But, i did record it for podcast, and I will try to get it up on the WOMR website before too long. I can say that I totally missed addressing the rival versions of "Love Hangover"....and I regret it...sorry!

Folks...thanks so much for your involvement and presence in tonight's show. It means a lot to me...and I know that Andy and George appreciated it too. It's a wonderful thing for me to be able to be part of making available a time where we can share NEW old Motown! A huge thanks to Andy and George and Harry and Kevin for making this all possible.

Please come back next week for Joseph Monreal's [[SDF's own sophisticated_soul) "Listener's Choice" tribute to the late Etta James!
    Have a great week!
    John

I only caught the last half of the show but that was one of the best Motown interviews/shows that I have ever heard.

In a very rational way, you guys dealt with the next releases, the Andantes on early Supremes singles, the trolls on the Internet, TCB and Mas Que Nada and you gave us the stories about meeting Mr. Gordy, sending the CDS to Diana and Rhonda etc.

Very well done, very professional.

I have been sent that interview and it doesn't mention the rivalry about Love Hangover. However, I loved the interview and Diana sounded as though she was enjoying it.

As we've received edits from that interview on disc 2, perhaps Andy & George will incorporate other portions of the same interview as a bonus on a future Diana Ross expanded release.

is there anywhere to listen to this after it's been broadcast?

Buried back in this thread, MJ did say a podcast would be made available.

If he doesn't tell us soon, I'm sure you can ask and he'll give you the goods.

It may have been the single best show that he has had thus far.

The guys knew the hardcore issues that the fans care about and addressed them all. They were supportive of Diana, but all the Supremes as well and very supportive of the caring fans.

At their best.......!

I just finished listening to the 3 part interview with Andy Skurow and George Solomon recorded in December of 201l, and what a rare treat that was! I've searched in vain for a podcast of these gents more recent appearance on "Night Flight" discussing the Diana Ross 1976 Hip-o Select expanded edition, but understand it will be posted as time permits. I've always been curious wether the subjects of these expanded editions ever receive a copy and evidently that question has been answered!

By the way, Midnight Johnny's interview with Francis Nero is quite revelatory, and well worth checking out. He is very sensitive to his guests and knows when to pull back and let them reflect on their experience, rather than steering the conversation and questions to fit an agenda. What a refreshing change from radio hosts who pontificate their views and love to hear the sound of their own voice.
    Last edited by R. Mark Desjardins; 03-11-2012 at 01:50 AM.