[REMOVE ADS]

Whitney's homecoming was very moving

I teared up a few times during it. Especially at the end as they brought the coffin out. You could see Ray J touching it and breaking down.

Alicia is getting criticized for her peformance, but I thought she did a good job.

I would have loved to have seen Aretha perform. What happened? Was she sick, or was she just too upset to make it?

I was also looking for Natalie Cole. Whitney and her were very good friends for a number of years, but I didn't see her. Of course, there were so many celebrities that were there.

All in all she had a good send off.

Quote Originally Posted by thaperson View Post
    I teared up a few times during it. Especially at the end as they brought the coffin out. You could see Ray J touching it and breaking down.

Alicia is getting criticized for her peformance, but I thought she did a good job.

I would have loved to have seen Aretha perform. What happened? Was she sick, or was she just too upset to make it?

I was also looking for Natalie Cole. Whitney and her were very good friends for a number of years, but I didn't see her. Of course, there were so many celebrities that were there.

All in all she had a good send off.
    They said she was having leg spasms on the news, and it would interfere with her performance. Also, It's been doucumented Aretha's disdain for air travel, although it wasn't mentioned as a reason for her cancellation.

She had plenty of time to make it by car or train so I guess it was her leg. Why was Alicia criticized?

I saw on the news where it said she had leg spasms.

Her concert at Radio City tonight, however, is still on.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    She had plenty of time to make it by car or train so I guess it was her leg. Why was Alicia criticized?
    She is already here Luke. Aretha is here in New York and sang last night somewhere.

Report Bobby Brown upset and left early over seating issues.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Alicia was criticized but not in a really bad way by some for her almost screaming some of the lyrics out to her song, especially the word "angel" over and over. She was clearly distraught. Be Be Winan broke down early in his song but recovered well and sang a great tribute. I was expecting to hear some traditional songs, but none to my knowledge were performed.

Yes my hometown sent her off in style..The whole winans Family did a wonderful job.Kim Burrell did a great job aswell

Quote Originally Posted by abfan View Post
    Yes my hometown sent her off in style..The whole winans Family did a wonderful job.Kim Burrell did a great job aswell
    I liked what Kim Burrell sang,but I was also disappointed that changed from what she was suppose to sing, "I Believe In You and Me".

Do you all realize that more people around the World saw Whitney Houston's funeral than saw the Grammy Awards? This year the Grammy's had their second highest ratings in their history.

What a moving Homecoming, a few tears were shed but none more so as the Casket was leaving The Church and Whitney's Vocals came through! May She now Rest in Peace!

I was disappointed with Alicia, her shouting of some lyrics, but no one knows how someone feels deep inside! The Church Choirs were Amazing as was The Winans Family, CeCe's "No Tears" so touching.

My heart goes out to Cissy and Whitney's Daughter! God Bless Them.

I got to say that Cissy bein helped out by the nurses right behind the casket is a sight I won't soon forget. It breaks my heart. A mother should never have to go through that.

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    I got to say that Cissy bein helped out by the nurses right behind the casket is a sight I won't soon forget. It breaks my heart. A mother should never have to go through that.
    Nope, it's just not supposed to happen this way. No parent should ever have to ever bury their child.

It's just heartbreaking.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by jaybs View Post
    What a moving Homecoming, a few tears were shed but none more so as the Casket was leaving The Church and Whitney's Vocals came through! May She now Rest in Peace!

I was disappointed with Alicia, her shouting of some lyrics, but no one knows how someone feels deep inside! The Church Choirs were Amazing as was The Winans Family, CeCe's "No Tears" so touching.

My heart goes out to Cissy and Whitney's Daughter! God Bless Them.
    A LOT of tears were shed and there was wailing going on but according to CNN having the one camera made it almost impossble to pick up much of the audio from floor level and video from various angles.

I thought Rev. Donnie McClurkin did an excellent job as well as R. Kelly.

That is the scene I wished they had blocked.

Why didn't they allow Whitney's daughter to walk directly behind the casket? Surely Cissy could have walked with her son and Bobbi Christina for support.

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    Why didn't they allow Whitney's daughter to walk directly behind the casket? Surely Cissy could have walked with her son and Bobbi Christina for support.
    It's just tradition... the "elders go first" kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    Those woman accompanying Cissy work for the funeral home and as the chief mourner, that was their job to assist her during the recessional. Bobbi Kristina should have been walking with her FATHER for support regardless of how some feel. All and all I think they did an excellent job as the service, although long, was very orderly and the director was extremely professional.

You almost have it Jill, but it is the chief mourner[[s) that go first. I just experienced this personally twice in the last few years. Usually the clergy lead the casket out, followed directly by the chief mourners.

That is not tradition.

They are holding the burial services now over in Westfield.

It was a very moving service and I really enjoyed the choir singing uplifting songs of praise; CeCe Winans, R Kelly and the words of Kevin Costner, Clive Davis and Tyler Perry. I think it was great that they took it back to her roots and had real "church" as many of us know it. Dionne did a great job as mistress of ceremony. The lifting of the casket was very moving and watching Cissy and Ray J break down was painful. Continuing to keep the friends and family in prayer.

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    It was a very moving service and I really enjoyed the choir singing uplifting songs of praise; CeCe Winans, R Kelly and the words of Kevin Costner, Clive Davis and Tyler Perry. I think it was great that they took it back to her roots and had real "church" as many of us know it. Dionne did a great job as mistress of ceremony. The lifting of the casket was very moving and watching Cissy and Ray J break down was painful. Continuing to keep the friends and family in prayer.
    Dionne was magnificient. A very strong woman. The service was as it should have been. Marvin Winans handled his duties expertly. "God has spoken, so let the church say amen!". We'll miss Whitney and may she rest in peace.
    Last edited by marv2; 02-20-2012 at 03:17 PM.