[REMOVE ADS]

ROLLING STONE finally gives The Marvelettes some luv!!!

huntergettingcaptured Guest
    Great post! Thanks for alerting us, Jimi [[and I loved the comment you left on the page!)

RossHolloway Guest
    Nice mention in RS, especially considering that for the most part the magazine has ignored Motown.

in the 60's when Rolling Stone started, a then closeted Jann Wenner[[editor) clearly had a thing against Motown, the assumption was that Gordy wouldn't advertise, the slams against The Supremes in particular still resonate for me from my teen age days[[I used to read EVERY music magazine);
    the success of Stevie Wonder and Marvin Gaye in the early 70's forced them to re think their stance,and then long time jazz/Billie Holliday fan Ralph J .Gleason came out in favor of "Lady Sings The Blues" ,the film and the album, and Diana Ross finally got the cover of RS;
    a young Michael Jackson also got a Rolling Stone cover, but it was a struggle every step of the way..