[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    There are many factions of the Baptist church. As I once mentioned before, I am used to a white Southern Baptist church, and it was very low-key and disciplined. Not even all Baptists are the same.
    You are correct, and we are very disciplined. In the deep south, some baptists don't even DANCE.

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    You are correct, and we are very disciplined. In the deep south, some baptists don't even DANCE.
    Well, No one dances in the one I grew up going to. I didn't even know people danced in churches until I was an adult and then I only saw it on TV.

Well, No one dances in the one I grew up going to. I didn't even know people danced in churches until I was an adult and then I only saw it on TV.
    Well.. we never danced in church... I meant many baptists from the deep south don't dance PERIOD. We're not like that here, though.

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    Well.. we never danced in church... I meant many baptists from the deep south don't dance PERIOD. We're not like that here, though.
    Jill it really does depend on the church. Some they do much more shouting and falling out, whereas others can get worked up into doing the holy dance.

I had my friends dying on my take of how Jesse looked especially when Tyler Perry was speaking. To me he was looking as if he was wondering how can I get in them pockets. LOL! [[I'm already ducking for cover for the team Jesse folk.)

Quote Originally Posted by nosey View Post
    I had my friends dying on my take of how Jesse looked especially when Tyler Perry was speaking. To me he was looking as if he was wondering how can I get in them pockets. LOL! [[I'm already ducking for cover for the team Jesse folk.)
    It makes me wonder what the hell he was even there for!

It makes me wonder what the hell he was even there for!
    He is the most reverend Jesse Jackson. He is a long time friend of Cissy Houston and Dionne Warwick. I was hoping so much that he was going to speak and that Aretha would sing. Those two together pack a huge ONE-TWO punch! Did you see his eulogy for Rosa Parks. He had Aretha up there behind him singing "I'll Fly Away" while he concluded his message...........they shut it down! LOL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nosey View Post
    OOOhh no you dit ent! Nosey! You don't go talking about no Jesse Jackson like that! Jesse is just short of Saint in my opinion. He can be friends with Tyler Perry if he won'ts to and if Tyler decides to make a nice donation it will not kill him, hehehehehehehehe........!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    OOOhh no you dit ent! Nosey! You don't go talking about no Jesse Jackson like that! Jesse is just short of Saint in my opinion. He can be friends with Tyler Perry if he won'ts to and if Tyler decides to make a nice donation it will not kill him, hehehehehehehehe........!
    Jackson is nothing but a mortal human being like the rest of us. He's made lots of poor choices in his life like any of us.

Jackson is nothing but a mortal human being like the rest of us. He's made lots of poor choices in his life like any of us.
    He's also has done a lot of good for people. He once helped one of my cousins from Chicago get of jail on a bogus marijuana possession charge years ago. He was a friend of one of my aunts.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    He's also has done a lot of good for people. He once helped one of my cousins from Chicago get of jail on a bogus marijuana possession charge years ago. He was a friend of one of my aunts.
    I know. I was just addressing the idea that he's a saint. I guess to you he is for that reason.

Most people have a good and a sinister side.

LOL @ Marv.

Soulster what I didn't get was why was T.D. Jakes's wife and daughters on the pulpit. Jakes' wife had on the hat. Their all grandstanders in my opinion. [[Again ducking for cover.)