[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Whitney Houston is dead

Omigod, Whitney Houston is dead

No details as of cause yet @ 8:34 pm EST.

Damn this year has started off terribly.

My condolences to her family and her daughter. May God bless her soul . R.I.P.

Yeah I'm very saddened by this but not surprised. As I posted a few weeks ago on this forum, many people, including Cissy Houston, tried to intervene many times. It is not officially known what the cause of death was, but I don't think it's a mystery. What a voice, what a talent--when I heard that note she hit in I Will Always Love You I was floored.

The greatest voice in music.

Whiteny Houston the greatest voice in contemporary music will not be erased from
    the public for some time. I cannot believe it the three cycle of death is complete Etta James, Don Corenlius and Whiteny. The cause of her death has not been announced as of 8:30 est her body
    was still in the hotel room under investigation. The movie "Sparkle" which she stars will be a huge hit.

There are no words.... A voice like that will be appreciated long after we're all gone from this earth. My prayers go out to her mother and family....

I am still in shock. I have no words. Please pray for her daughter.

dianesfan_1965 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BobC View Post
    Omigod, Whitney Houston is dead

She's home now.

Finally Home

i wonder if Whitney will receive a huge tribute for the Grammy Ceremony on the very night Diana is to receive her honor intersting to say the least. thanks for posting these video on Whitney Jobetrob.

SupremeBoy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by franjoy56 View Post
    i wonder if Whitney will receive a huge tribute for the Grammy Ceremony on the very night Diana is to receive her honor intersting to say the least. thanks for posting these video on Whitney Jobetrob.
    Diana already received her lifetime achievement award last night. It won't be part of tonight's telecast. A mention will be made for sure but that will be the extent of it.

I would think the prudent thing to do at the Grammy's would be to develop the best and most inspirational tribute to Whitney that they can manage under such a short time frame, but still have everything else they were planning to do also, and just say to hell with rules, regulations, time frame, sponsorship, etc. If the show goes an hour overboard, who cares? As much as she will deserve whatever is done or said in her honor, the other honorees who may have waited a lifetime for their big moment would certainly not deserve to have their time in the spotlight cut short or eliminated.

R.I.P. Whitney

It's looking like she drowned in her own bathtub and was taking "prescription drugs"

LadySingsBlues Guest
    CNN interviewed Diana & Gladys briefly about Whitney at the pre-Grammy gala

Starts at 7:10

Has Bobby Brown issued a statement? Not that I care about him.

I don't think so--not yet. Does anyone even know where he is? Not that I care, either

Whitney Houston was the greatest female vocalist of my lifetime. I thank God he loaned her to us....the World!

Bobby Brown was scheduled to appear with New Edition last night in either Memphis or Mississippi. Reports are that he is devasted and in crying fits. He broke down on stage last night telling the audience that he loved them and "I love you Whitney". It has also been reported that he spoke with his daughter Bobbi Chris who is in LA and she is understandably unconsoliable at this time. My sincere condolences go out to her mother, Cissy Houston, Sonny [[Gary) her brother, Bobbi Chris, Dionne Warwick and to Bobby Brown.

Search Go Whitney Houston 'could have drowned'

ShareThisSunday, 12 February 2012

Whitney Houston

enlarge

Related Articles
    Whitney Houston dead
    Bobby Brown 'devastated' by Whitney Houston's death
    Whitney Houston dies aged 48
    Cowell leads tributes to Houston
    Whitney Houston's death could have been the result of drowning in the bathtub, reports have revealed.

The legendary singer was pronounced dead in a fourth-floor hotel room on Saturday afternoon, with no immediate apparent cause of death. Beverly Hills Police Department's Lt Mark Rosen revealed that there were "no obvious signs of criminal intent" at a press conference shortly afterwards.

US website TMZ are now reporting that prescription drugs were found in the star's room, with "various pill bottles" spotted.

An insider also told the publication that when Emergency Medical Technicians arrived at the scene "Whitney's body was already removed from the bathtub so it will take an autopsy to determine if she OD'd, drowned or died from some other cause".

There is no evidence to suggest Whitney was drinking alcohol in the room.

The 48-year-old musical icon was removed from the hotel room on a gurney and will now be taken to the morgue for an autopsy to determine the cause of death.

Whitney had a celebrated career in the 80s and 90s but later hit headlines for her tumultuous marriage to Bobby Brown and her battle with drugs.

She had one child, daughter Bobbi Kristina, 18, from her union with the singer.

TMZ have also reported that Bobbi got into an "angry shouting match" with police officers outside the hotel room where her mother was found. Law enforcement sources say the teen "showed up on the 4th floor of the Beverly Hilton several hours after Whitney's death."

When officers denied access to Whitney's body, Bobbi reportedly "screamed, cursed and demanded to see her mother."

According to reports, she was ultimately not allowed in the room. Whitney's cousin Dionne Warwick showed up later on and was also "turned away" by enforcement officers.

Meanwhile, it has been reported that Jennifer Hudson will lead a tribute to the star at tonight's Grammy Awards.

Whitney was a six-time Grammy winner, and insiders say the show's producers are keen to present a fitting tribute at the ceremony later today.

According to Ken Ehrlich, the show's executive producer, the plan is to honour Whitney's life with a "respectful musical tribute," says e! Online.

"It's too fresh in everyone's memory to do more at this time, but we would be remiss if we didn't recognise Whitney's remarkable contribution to music fans in general, and in particular her close ties with the Grammy telecast and her Grammy wins and nominations over the years," he added.

Many stars have taken to their Twitter pages to express their grief at the loss of such an iconic and influential musician.

"I feel sick.... Life is precious, we are fragile souls. Let's love each other! I miss you beautiful Whitney, the whole world misses you!! [[sic)" Alicia Keys exclaimed.

Singers Jennifer Lopez and Pink also voiced their sadness over Whitney's untimely death.

"Such a loss. One of the greatest voices of our time. Sending out prayers to her family... #R.I.P.Whitney," Jennifer wrote, with Pink adding: "Whitney was the reason many of us do what we do. "a few stolen moments is all that we share" RIP [[sic)."

© Cover Media

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/en...#ixzz1mCC5hLSS

smark21 Guest
    Here's a report on events concerning what turned out to be Whitney's last days:

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-th...144148765.html

Apparently Whitney didn't have enough water in her lungs to be officially declared a drowning--so it's looking like drugs/alcohol are probably the culprit. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenpwood View Post
    There are no words.... A voice like that will be appreciated long after we're all gone from this earth. My prayers go out to her mother and family....
    I just read that Tyler Perry is supplying his jet to take Whitney's remains back to New Jersey.

May she be with the Lord and her beloved daddy John.

Our hearts are broken Sister Whitney.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by texassoul View Post
    Has Bobby Brown issued a statement? Not that I care about him.
    Oh yes he has! He got the news while doing a New Edition concert Saturday in Mississippi, and he broke down crying.

Geez! Why do people hate the man so much? They both did the drugs.

Y'all liked his "Don't Be Cruel" album. Y'all liked New Edition...

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    I just read that Tyler Perry is supplying his jet to take Whitney's remains back to New Jersey.

May she be with the Lord and her beloved daddy John.

Our hearts are broken Sister Whitney.

Roberta
    Where did you read that? According to CNN, the family is taking her to Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    TMZ is reporting that her body is going back east for Burial in New Jersey.

What statement did he put out? I still haven't heard one.

I hated Bobby Brown and New Edition. They started that whole whiny, sniveling singing style that I find highly irritating. He brags about going to prison, he brags about doing drugs, he get DWI's--why would I like him?

Oh yes he has! He got the news while doing a New Edition concert Saturday in Mississippi, and he broke down crying.

I don't hate Bobby Brown. He is one of my favorites. Still is. Whitney didn't hate him either. Yes, "Don't Be Cruel" is now a classic JAM! Bobby had many more that I still enjoy listening to. My sincerest condolences go out to him and the rest of the family.

I hated Bobby Brown and New Edition. They started that whole whiny, sniveling singing style that I find highly irritating. He brags about going to prison, he brags about doing drugs, he get DWI's--why would I like him?
    That's what I say about Diana Ross!

This morning, here in New York, the Rev Jesse Jackson confirmed that she will be flown back to Jersey with a service to be held either Fri. or Sat. this week.

They hate him because they don't understand and they don't know. He is an easy target and he knows that much!

I use to live in Boston where Bobby and them grew up and if you saw first hand where they came from, you would really appreciate what they accomplished with just their natural talents. By "you" I don't mean you personally, but everyone that "thinks" they are suppose to hate on Bobby Brown!

SupremeBoy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    That's what I say about Diana Ross!
    Oh so YOU'RE the one everyone is telling me to IGNORE. #dulynoted #suchanonfactor

Quote Originally Posted by SupremeBoy View Post
    Oh so YOU'RE the one everyone is telling me to IGNORE. #dulynoted #suchanonfactor
    If the Diana Ross Fan Club Society said for you to do that, you'd better not argue or they will start to gang up on you. You'd better listen to them.

Actually it is the Mary Wilson Fan Club that is now saying to ignore you.
    If the Diana Ross Fan Club Society said for you to do that, you'd better not argue or they will start to gang up on you. You'd better listen to them.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    Po po marv2. At least there's a home here for marv2.

I've never heard him brag about any of that. Where did you hear him do that?

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    Well then do that and find peace in it.

I've never heard him brag about any of that. Where did you hear him do that?
    I've never heard that either. I remember living in Boston during the time Bobby's future brother-in-law was brutually gunned down while Bobby was in the car with him outside this popular bar everyone use to go to. He was devasted, but luckily not seriously hurt. I've never heard him bragging about it or any of those things Bob mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Po po marv2. At least there's a home here for marv2.
    Yeah thanks. Sorry about your "girl".

I've never heard that either. I remember living in Boston during the time Bobby's future brother-in-law was brutually gunned down while Bobby was in the car with him outside this popular bar everyone use to go to. He was devasted, but luckily not seriously hurt. I've never heard him bragging about it or any of those things Bob mentioned.
    I wish people would back up their claims with links to reliable sources. For all I know, the allegations of Bobby bragging about prison could have been made up.

I wish people would back up their claims with links to reliable sources. For all I know, the allegations of Bobby bragging about prison could have been made up.
    They are definitely made up! You see people don't realize that they are generalizing when they say these untrue things. Bobby is a young black man that came up hard, made it big, can be considered a hip-hop, rap artist.....add those elements together and it is easy for some to accept that he must be a braggart!

Jobeterob said in another thread that it is basically a well known concept that minorities [[READ:black people) have a habit of tearing down and trashing their own people once they have made it and have become famous.

I disagreed. That's not what I am seeing this week in all of the great mourning of Whitney Houston.

smark21 Guest

I liked Every Little Step and My Perogative. I think Bobby gets a lot of hate from people who were emotionally invested in Whitney's perfect pop princess image of the late 80's Hooking up with Brown may have destroyed that image, but from what I've read, Whitny was not that image and she was already drugging it up and acting trashy before Bobby came along. Ultimately Whitney brought herself down, not Bobby Brown, but some of her fans can't admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    I liked Every Little Step and My Perogative. I think Bobby gets a lot of hate from people who were emotionally invested in Whitney's perfect pop princess image of the late 80's Hooking up with Brown may have destroyed that image, but from what I've read, Whitny was not that image and she was already drugging it up and acting trashy before Bobby came along. Ultimately Whitney brought herself down, not Bobby Brown, but some of her fans can't admit it.
    Exactly! But you will never be able to convince the Bobby haters.

I may get heat for this, but I think the reason people hate Bobby Brown so much is because he's a Black guy from the wrong side of the tracks. How dare a Black kid soil the pure, almost White-like Whitney? Whitney's image was not sexual, was as pure as a little kitten, and appealed to White audiences in droves. Bobby was a bad-boy who got sexual, and your teenage daughter did the grind to his songs, which, BTW, was very close to hip-hop. Yeah! That's the psychology of it.

I am not playing any "race card". If you examine it, there is real truth in there.

Whitney HOuston home town girl

Whitney Houston was black and sounded like a black princess. Why do people have to stereotype people who cross over as lily sounding white just like they did to the supremes, and I am sure both they and Whitney resented it. These artists had the ability to cross over without regard to who they were. Could that be the reason whitney rebeled against her early label as the princess of pop, she was singing gospel long before they put that label on her. may she rest in peace there will never be anyone like her .....

Why is this black and white shit still going on after all these years? I'm Irish and Puerto Rican, my mother is from Ireland and my father is from Puerto Rico and they both had hard upbringings [[my mother's father the Irishman was sold into slavery by his own family) but I'm not sitting here bitching about it. Whenever it came to music, if I liked them well I liked them I didn't give a shit what nationality they were. Whitney was a great singer whether she was black or white or purple.

Quote Originally Posted by franjoy56 View Post
    Whitney Houston was black and sounded like a black princess. Why do people have to stereotype people who cross over as lily sounding white just like they did to the supremes, and I am sure both they and Whitney resented it. These artists had the ability to cross over without regard to who they were. Could that be the reason whitney rebeled against her early label as the princess of pop, she was singing gospel long before they put that label on her. may she rest in peace there will never be anyone like her .....
    Exactly! You never or rarely ever heard anyone complaining about Teena Marie "crossing over". What the hell does that mean anyway? Whitney Houston completely wiped that term out of existence with her exquisite talents. I for one grew listening to music from a wide variety of artists thanks to the North American powerhouse radio station that was just right up the road from me called CKLW the Big 8 out of Windsor, Ontario. To us, good music was good music regardless of who was performing it!

i am sincerely sorry miss houston died, but for me she began the demise of the popular ballad by singing every song into the ground with needless histrionics and insufferable warbling. since whitney most songs are over sung messes. up to whitney's reign singers knew when and how to accentuate a song, and when to cool it down. just listen to motown's roster of singers, or her cousin dionne warwick if you want to see how a song might better be sung. whitney created that horrible over selling of a song that is what is all over the radio and american idol. i waited the obligatory three days of mourning to post my honest feeling about miss houston's negligible addition to the history of pop/r&b music. as for her death, well that is quite tragic, but unfortunately she will not be the last. not everybody is built to take the great pressures of life. my heart goes out to her family.

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    Why is this black and white shit still going on after all these years? I'm Irish and Puerto Rican, my mother is from Ireland and my father is from Puerto Rico and they both had hard upbringings [[my mother's father the Irishman was sold into slavery by his own family) but I'm not sitting here bitching about it. Whenever it came to music, if I liked them well I liked them I didn't give a shit what nationality they were. Whitney was a great singer whether she was black or white or purple.
    It's goes on because racism still exists. I'm simply telling you how these bigots think.

Back to topic, RIP Ms Huston, thank you for so many memorable songs from my teenage years to the present day, I remember buying the 1st album, with the amazing white swimsuit shot on the back cover, stunning. Such a waste of life, sympathy to all who loved and tried to help, her mum Cissy and her Mentor Clive Davis, they must be brokenhearted.

Soulster I don't make anything up. Here it is:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0isvS19AGs

People don't like Bobby Brown because of his behavior, in the same way that white people don't like Newt Gingrich, Bill Clinton, Casey Anthony, Patsy Ramsey, Leona Helmsley, Rosie O'Donell and others--for their behavior.

Stop assigning racism to white people whom you don't know.