[REMOVE ADS]

Ts 273 brenda holloway.

Whilst looking through the track listing I notice "Don`t Let Me Down" which I have no record of by Brenda.There is one by Kim Weston written by Mickey Stevenson is it the same and has Brenda`s version appeared.

Tracks 13-24 on disc one of Brenda Holloway's CD "The Motown Anthology" are the tracks scheduled for Ts273. "Don't Let Me Down" doesn't appear there.

TS 263 is the number for "Hurtin` & Cryin`

Sorry I cut myself off. Both Sides Now lists TS 263 as "Hurtin` & Cryin`" and TS 273 as "Brenda Holloway" . Does "Don`t Let Me Down" exist.

Strange. The Motown Anthology Refers to T273 as "Hurting And Crying" [which I thought was Marvin Gaye Live at the Copa [[unreleased)], but "Don't Forget The Motor City" has it as T263. Where did you find a track listing with "Don't Let Me Down" on?

The 2005 Hip-O-Select release of "Marvin Gaye At the Copa" shows the number to be Tamla 273, circa January 1967.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Polhill View Post
    Whilst looking through the track listing I notice "Don`t Let Me Down" which I have no record of by Brenda.There is one by Kim Weston written by Mickey Stevenson is it the same and has Brenda`s version appeared.
    What is the source you are using for the tracklisting?
    Kim's version was released on "a cellarful OF MOTOWN!" [[Volume 1), produced by Mickey Stevenson & Henry Cosby and recorded on October 15 and 21, 1965.
    I don't know of any released version of 'Don't Let Me Down' by Brenda Holloway. Perhaps Keith Hughes or Paul Nixon can enlighten us as to whether or not they are aware of a version by Brenda in the vault.

On a cover "For Evaluation Only ownership by Motown Records" I`m afraid I can`t post it as I`m too stupid.It has the track listing on the front.Track 11 is "Don`t Let Me Down"

RossHolloway Guest
    On a cover "For Evaluation Only ownership by Motown Records" I`m afraid I can`t post it as I`m too stupid.It has the track listing on the front.Track 11 is "Don`t Let Me Down"
    What is the complete track listing?

1. "You`ve Made Me So Very Happy", 2. "Just Look What You`ve Done", 3. "Starting The Hurt All Over Again" , 4. "Till Johnny Comes", 5. "I`ve Got To Find It", 6. "Where Were You" 7. "I Don`t Want Nobody Gonna Make Me Cry" ,8. "Make Him Come To You", 9. "I`ll Be Alright", 10. "All I Do Think About You", 11. "Don`t Let Me Down", 12. "Breaking My Poor Heart In Two [[Reconsider)"

selinasian Guest
    According to 'Heatwave: the Motown fact book' by David Bianco 273 was going to be called 'Brenda Holloway' but was unissued and 263 alog with 262 are classed as unissued with no reference to Arist or title!

This sounds like it could be a mock up cover put together by our very own Stone-Diamond on SDF.

Mock Cover: Supremes Final Sessions - this thread contains mock ups including Hurtin N Cryin.

You can also search for a thread called "mock-up covers" which contains skillfully prepared covers on other artists.

Over to you mock-up cover experts!
    Last edited by mysterysinger; 02-14-2012 at 06:06 PM.

RossHolloway Guest
    You've Made Me So Very Happy was released as a single in August 1967, wouldn't the album have been scheduled after the song had been a hit or rising on the charts? Where is George Solomon when we need him???

The thick plottens is there a track by Brenda called "Don`t Let Me Down". Thanks Mystery it would be one of those mock ups.This "album" would have been ready mid 1967, Ross.

If it exists, it certainly didn't get as far as acetate stage otherwise it would appear in "Dont Forget the Motor City".

How would it appear on the mock up cover then, did it just get invented.

RossHolloway Guest
    Does anyone know if Brenda ever performed YMMSVH on tv when it was released?

Yes on Bandstand
    Quote Originally Posted by RossHolloway View Post
    Does anyone know if Brenda ever performed YMMSVH on tv when it was released?

RossHolloway Guest
    The thick plottens is there a track by Brenda called "Don`t Let Me Down". Thanks Mystery it would be one of those mock ups.This "album" would have been ready mid 1967, Ross.
    Re-Reading the liner notes in The Complete Motown Singles Volume 5: 1965 to the song You've Changed Me/Who's Lovin You on Page 77 it states that the Hurtin' and Cryin' album was originally slated for release in 1965 or at least the assigned album number Tamla 263 puts it at being considered for release in 1965. Which then raises the question of what songs would have been included back in 1965...

Ross, it is really weird as "The Motown Anthology" has it as TS273 with a track listing including songs from 1966.However MS639 "Original Spinners" is from around the same time but was released in 1967 including tracks from that year.I`m confused.

RossHolloway Guest
    ^^ Roger,
    The liner notes also add "an album jacket would be commissioned by one department before the rest of the company decided to make the record that would go in it." So while there appears to be no definitive answer, you can't help but think that the idea existed to do an album in 1965 from "someone" who was in the know and from someone to give the go-ahead for someone to start with the album jacket...plus we also know that Brenda was one of the more prolific artist during this time period so there were probably plenty of tracks recorded by her in the late '64-65 time frame.

RossHolloway

Ever experienced "deja vu"? Cos I have this crystal ball in front of me and I can see an email winging its way to Universal............

*smile*

You know the email address!! Just remember, there's a 50% chance of a yes!

RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    RossHolloway

Ever experienced "deja vu"? Cos I have this crystal ball in front of me and I can see an email winging its way to Universal............

*smile*

You know the email address!! Just remember, there's a 50% chance of a yes!
    @theboyfromxtown - I haven't been experiencing "deja vu" recently, years ago it would happen every couple of months or so but I digress... but you lost me on the email thing...

I was teasing...

We spoke about emailing Universal on the Gladys Knight thread and I wondered whether it might be a good idea here too. You asked above what was available in 1964/5 on Brenda Holloway.

Sorry for the confusion, I didn't explain myself properly earlier.

RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    I was teasing...

We spoke about emailing Universal on the Gladys Knight thread and I wondered whether it might be a good idea here too. You asked above what was available in 1964/5 on Brenda Holloway.

Sorry for the confusion, I didn't explain myself properly earlier.
    No worries, from the response I got regarding a L&F on GK and the Pips, it does not appear to be happening..ever lol